The Jarrett Guarantano hate

I guess our coaching staff should consult keyboard warriors on VN as opposed to using their own knowledge. Because clearly VN knows much more than our staff.

Heard that during the Butch years. Anybody want to retract? LOL

(No, Pruitt isn’t Butch. Just saying)

Reactions: BreatheUT
It dumbfounds me to read all of this hate over a kid. First, this is a kid. He may legally and technically be a man but still, he is just a kid. Not only that, but he is doing something productive such as going to college to get an education and, though I don't know anything about his or his parents financial abilities, football is providing an avenue for him to do so. Just how many of you negative posters actually have an investment into the University such as a degree, donor, booster or played football for the University? Or, are you just a fan? Second, I remember reading on this forum several years ago how many of you thought he was going to be the next biggest thing since Peyton. Third, and to me most importantly, how many of you haters have or could be an SEC starting QB? Even with as bad of a team as we currently have, how many of you posters that continuously dog him out could even make the team as a walk on much less supplant him as the starting QB?

Granted, there may be more or other options at QB but most of the posters on here are personally attacking a kid. Now, I know I'm going to get flamed for this but what is wrong with ya'll?
1568326558611.gif

Responding under pressure is a born trait and not necessarily a learned trait IMO. JG just doesn’t have that ability much in the same way I am not a good singer. It doesn’t matter how much I practice singing, I will never be a good singer. I just do not have that talent. JG does not have the talent to respond as a Qb to pressure. Not a knock, he just doesn’t have it.
Explain the Auburn and Kentucky games in '18, the Mizz, South Carolina and Ky games in '19, explain him being near perfect vs Miss St in '19. Explain him winning SEC games on the road, explain why he was near perfect vs lowly Chattanooga and UAB. I get it, he's not consistent but to continue to discredit the kid when he's obviously played well before is a bogus claim I feel. If you want to say he's inconsistent then that's fine, I agree he's been as inconsistent as anyone we've had in Knoxville, argue he hasn't beaten any good teams yet, fair argument but let's see if he can do that now that we have a competent roster. Don't look now but he's gonna be 2nd or 3rd in a bunch of QB stats for his career with the main one being how well he protected the football. We need better QB play to win a championship and I believe we'll get that type of play this season. If not then fine, I believe we have serviceable backups, whether they can win or not has not been proven just yet.

Hoping he turns the corner this year in his second year under Chaney. He's been extremely erratic and underwhelming in his time on the hill. QB play this year is going to be the difference in competeting for the east and going 5-5 IMO. Need him to step up big time.

Reactions: PulaskiVolFan
I've asked you the same as all the other neverJGers the same question and not one of you has shown me one example. Show me 1 QB where their team won more games than they lost when the team had the worst offensive and defensive lines within their conference. It has likely NEVER happened at ANY level of football and it likely never will. You're a football genius, show me a few examples of when a QB has overcome those odds.
Every bad stat you throw out I can throw good ones right back. What's his record and stats vs Ky and Auburn the last 2 seasons. You see, the way stats work are the fact that they take into account all bad and good games.

You have no problem bashing other Tennessee players, you have told us repeatedly that our 0line sucks, that our receivers were inferior and our running backs were no good, but if one of us dare criticize JG, then we
are awful fans, explain to us your double standard.

Explain the Auburn and Kentucky games in '18, the Mizz, South Carolina and Ky games in '19, explain him being near perfect vs Miss St in '19. Explain him winning SEC games on the road, explain why he was near perfect vs lowly Chattanooga and UAB. I get it, he's not consistent but to continue to discredit the kid when he's obviously played well before is a bogus claim I feel. If you want to say he's inconsistent then that's fine, I agree he's been as inconsistent as anyone we've had in Knoxville, argue he hasn't beaten any good teams yet, fair argument but let's see if he can do that now that we have a competent roster. Don't look now but he's gonna be 2nd or 3rd in a bunch of QB stats for his career with the main one being how well he protected the football. We need better QB play to win a championship and I believe we'll get that type of play this season. If not then fine, I believe we have serviceable backups, whether they can win or not has not been proven just yet.
LOL - Most of your post here proves or confirms what we have been saying all along. JG is a less than average Qb.

You have no problem bashing other Tennessee players, you have told us repeatedly that our 0line sucks, that our receivers were inferior and our running backs were no good, but if one of us dare criticize JG, then we
are awful fans, explain to us your double standard.
You don't keep up very good then, I've never been against someone criticizing a player, it's when its unfounded I struggle with it. Our ol and DL produced the worst stats in the league in '17 and '18, those are facts, JG as bad as he's been at being consistent has never produced bottom of the SEC stats, his 1st year being the closest. I thought Crompton was the worst QB to ever set foot on campus until I saw Worley play. We've had bad QBs in Knoxville before named Crompton, Worley, Stephens, McBride and Dormandy to name a few. They could combine all their stats and they still wouldn't match JGs production. We've had bad players at all positions in the past and I don't feel as though JG is all that bad, never said he was great just that we could win with him at QB. The neverJG crowd gave up on him the 1st time they ever saw him when they all accused him of a bad attitude when dipstick Jones chose his goddaughter's boyfriend to be the starting QB over him. He's had enough good moments for me to think we can be successful this season with him at the helm. I personally think HB is our next QB and it would not bother me the least if he gets a shot this year should JG struggle again with being consistent.

JG will have his opportunity to move us forward, because he deserves it. When/ if he goes off script or makes glaring mistakes, welcome the beginning of Bailey.

LOL - Most of your post here proves or confirms what we have been saying all along. JG is a less than average Qb.
No, you neverJGers never acknowledging when he does play well, giving credit elsewhere for why he played well and always insisting BM or JT Shrout, two 3* QBs recruited here to build depth at the QB position, are better options, even though one of them produced the worst stats in the league this season and one of the worst set of Fr stats we've ever seen in Knoxville, the other having simply not ever played much as he didn't start playing football until HS I believe. It's hard for you to explain those wins i mentioned when your only response is a 5th grade back handed "he sucks" comment. Another thing, you should be bitching about Pruitt and the coaching staff, not JG, as they are the ones that continue to put him out there. You won't do that because you'd look like a dope if you did because right now Coach Pruitt looks to be the right man for the job in Knoxville. You neverJGers were never right about JG and you'll likely be wrong this year as well.

JG bleeds orange. He's endured a lot during his time at UT. His heart has never wavered. Never entered the portal. His family moved from NJ to TN or GA im unsure. The kid is tough as nails. Gives his all. Makes mistakes. Who doesn't. He's a kid. We now have legitimate talent pushing him. If that talent over takes him, so be it. He's orange, just like all of us.

JG bleeds orange. He's endured a lot during his time at UT. His heart has never wavered. Never entered the portal. His family moved from NJ to TN or GA im unsure. The kid is tough as nails. Gives his all. Makes mistakes. Who doesn't. He's a kid. We now have legitimate talent pushing him. If that talent over takes him, so be it. He's orange, just like all of us.
I agree except I don't think everyone commenting bad about him is orange like the rest He shows way more love for this program than most of the NegaVols here do.

I agree except I don't think everyone commenting bad about him is orange like the rest He shows way more love for this program than most of the NegaVols here do.
The kid is fighting tears on national TV talking his battles with his team mates in a hard fought win. Yall know the instant im speaking of. We all are tired of waiting for resurgence. We can't throw out the soldiers that fought to get us there. Come on man.

I think we are poised to make a statement in this unprecedented year of covid. We have an ultra talented team and despite our lack of depth in certain groups, our coaching strengths will propell us forward. We finally thanks to coach Fulmer have all we need to compete in the sec. The football program has been given priority. The cash cow is getting fed. Everyone in the program is pulling in the same direction. Saban is close to retirement. And once again Tennessee is surging forward while bama is falling to earth.

Reactions: Tnman1
JMO, no powder Puff teams on the schedule will mean we will have to come out of the gate strong. If JG is on top of his game he will play if he struggles then he will have to be yanked if we want to win. don't have much room for error this year.

No, you neverJGers never acknowledging when he does play well, giving credit elsewhere for why he played well and always insisting BM or JT Shrout, two 3* QBs recruited here to build depth at the QB position, are better options, even though one of them produced the worst stats in the league this season and one of the worst set of Fr stats we've ever seen in Knoxville, the other having simply not ever played much as he didn't start playing football until HS I believe. It's hard for you to explain those wins i mentioned when your only response is a 5th grade back handed "he sucks" comment. Another thing, you should be bitching about Pruitt and the coaching staff, not JG, as they are the ones that continue to put him out there. You won't do that because you'd look like a dope if you did because right now Coach Pruitt looks to be the right man for the job in Knoxville. You neverJGers were never right about JG and you'll likely be wrong this year as well.
Lol-I believe I have asked this before of you before, exactly how are you related to JG ? If not family , how much is JG or someone close to him paying you for the public relations efforts. You should give some of the money back, it’s not working.

Nope. The team pulled it out. If you rely on JG to win or for motivation, you lose. His record shows that.

Reactions: Big Al Orange
I certainly don't hate the young man because he definitely bleeds orange. I do think he has made several mistakes that a qb with his experience shouldn't be making and I think the coaches pulling him last year proves that. I hope he does great this year!!

Lol-I believe I have asked this before of you before, exactly how are you related to JG ? If not family , how much is JG or someone close to him paying you for the public relations efforts. You should give some of the money back, it’s not working.
NegaVols are the worst faction of this fanbase and you sir are at the top of the list.

You don't keep up very good then, I've never been against someone criticizing a player, it's when its unfounded I struggle with it. Our ol and DL produced the worst stats in the league in '17 and '18, those are facts, JG as bad as he's been at being consistent has never produced bottom of the SEC stats, his 1st year being the closest. I thought Crompton was the worst QB to ever set foot on campus until I saw Worley play. We've had bad QBs in Knoxville before named Crompton, Worley, Stephens, McBride and Dormandy to name a few. They could combine all their stats and they still wouldn't match JGs production. We've had bad players at all positions in the past and I don't feel as though JG is all that bad, never said he was great just that we could win with him at QB. The neverJG crowd gave up on him the 1st time they ever saw him when they all accused him of a bad attitude when dipstick Jones chose his goddaughter's boyfriend to be the starting QB over him. He's had enough good moments for me to think we can be successful this season with him at the helm. I personally think HB is our next QB and it would not bother me the least if he gets a shot this year should JG struggle again with being consistent.
He's also never produced "top of the SEC stats." He's been in the bottom half both years as a starter.

Reactions: Rickyvol77

VN Store

Back