JJ not making the 53 squad

NFL organizations are completely stupid these days. They no longer value "football players" just crap like "what's your 40 time and how high can you jump?" Lol
Define "these days." Ronald Davis from the early/mid 90's was drafted purely on his 40 time at the Combine.

Drafting and keeping are two different things. They saw something they didn't like or he just got beat out. He'll get other shots.

Define "these days." Ronald Davis from the early/mid 90's was drafted purely on his 40 time at the Combine.

Drafting and keeping are two different things. They saw something they didn't like or he just got beat out. He'll get other shots.

I don't mean drafting per say, I get that those factors have always been a big factor in the drafts. But I have a hard time believing Jennings wouldn't make plays, he's a football player. Plain and simple. Some players just make plays and do it for the love of the game and they often turn out to be NFL greats. Jennings will make a team somewhere, no way 32 originizations are totally ignorant.

Last edited:
vol8188,I would like to see Juauan in a Titans uniform also.As you said,underneath routes and crossing routes with crackbacks on unworried linebackers.Dobbs as a backup to Tannehill would do for me as well.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
Lack of training camps and preseason games is killing the UFDAs and 2nd or 3rd string skill players this year.

Hopefully these guys all get a chance.as a fill in or a scout squad or the XFL to showcase and come back next season.

Reactions: Boca Vol
I don't mean drafting per say, I get that those factors have always been a big factor in the drafts. But I have a hard to believing Jennings wouldn't make plays, he's a football player. Plain and simple. Some players just make plays and do it for the love of the game and they often turn out to be NFL greats. Jennings will make a team somewhere, no way 32 originizations are totally ignorant.
I think he will, too. But they didn't line players up and had a "sprint" to determine who stayed and was cut.

Reactions: 08Vol
NFL organizations are completely stupid these days. They no longer value "football players" just crap like "what's your 40 time and how high can you jump?" Lol
You can teach/coach guys the game if they need help. You can't teach speed.

But if given a chance I think JJ would be a good contributor on a roster.

Got to think some of the lower draft kids and UDFA have been hurt by limited camps and no preseason games. It's hard enough to make teams under usual times...Got to be harder in a year like this.

They do however have thousands from their minor league to choose from every year.

I don't mean drafting per say, I get that those factors have always been a big factor in the drafts. But I have a hard to believing Jennings wouldn't make plays, he's a football player. Plain and simple. Some players just make plays and do it for the love of the game and they often turn out to be NFL greats. Jennings will make a team somewhere, no way 32 originizations are totally ignorant.

This is the Tebow effect. “He plays hard b/c he loves the game.” 95% of NFL players play hard b/c they love the game. Every intangible JJ has some other player has too but is also faster. Now I do think JJ will make a practice squad since those have gotten bigger due to Covid, and from there he will have a chance to impress and maybe get in a game. I wish him the best.

and waste huge amounts of money

I mean, I get what you're saying but for a WR, speed is kinda a big deal. Granted if you're fast but can't catch a cold, it doesn't help. But if you're as "slow" as some d-lineman you're going to be much help. You can get by with that in college, but when everyone on the field is pretty fast you can't.

Very disappointed all the Vols that got cut. It must be heartbreaking for them. Hope a bright future is ahead for all of them, even if it's not on the field

Reactions: TennesseeTarheel
I like these guys as much as you all do. But NFL guys are probably seeing that Jennings can’t separate, Warrior can’t cover, and Dobbs can’t throw at a consistent NFL level.

Needs 25 lbs of muscle and moved to tight end. Of course that probably will not happen.

No. They value winning. Plain and simple. They don’t see him as a part of the winning equation. I hope he lands somewhere.

VN Store

Back