Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is protecting himself with the 50/50 bs...they all have to cause they know the game and what can happen at the ”witching hour.“ We are better odds than that with three of the four at this stage.

AV, what's your take on the QB situation? Seems like a lot of buzz for Shrout early during camp. You hearing that he is a step ahead of Maurer at this point? I would be shocked if someone other than JG gets the nod for South Carolina, but we all know that Pruitt is not afraid to put someone else in if he is struggling. In my mind, the backup QB competition is one of the most important battles during camp this year. Seems like Bailey has missed too much time between the Spring getting canceled and now his quarantine to be a realistic option this upcoming season.

I'm not really sure what your point is. I don't disagree. Dobbs was, overall, a very successful QB and gave Tennessee some great moments. He wasn't an elite passer and his inability to see open receivers was a major reason for that. My post isn't inaccurate because yours is accurate.

You said Dobbs missed more open receivers than any QB in recent memory, I can name you about 5 or 6 that were worse depending on what recent memory is. Lol

AV, what's your take on the QB situation? Seems like a lot of buzz for Shrout early during camp. You hearing that he is a step ahead of Maurer at this point? I would be shocked if someone other than JG gets the nod for South Carolina, but we all know that Pruitt is not afraid to put someone else in if he is struggling. In my mind, the backup QB competition is one of the most important battles during camp this year. Seems like Bailey has missed too much time between the Spring getting canceled and now his quarantine to be a realistic option this upcoming season.
Been asked to keep comments on qb situation regarding depth chart and coaches actual opinions private from here out. Have to respect that.

Agreed. Auburn for Smael right now. Would be a shame if they struggled this year.

I can't see how they won't struggle this year. In 2018 the last time they had to replace their offensive line they had Stidham. This year they have Nix. Not quite the same. With Stidham returning in 2018 without an offensive line they lost almost 15 points per game from their 2017 output. It's not going to be pretty this year. jmo.

Also Kevin Steele has had a lot of success with their defense since he took over in 2016 but he lost a ton after last year. I think their defense this year will allow the most points per game of Steele's time there. In any other year, and I guess maybe even this year, Gus's survival as the head coach on the plains will be in serious doubt. jmo.

These charts reflect Auburn's unit performance over time against SEC competition and I'm saying that there's an incredibly high probability that both units have significant regression this year. Their offense will score less points and their defense will give up more points leading to more losses than many tiger fans will be willing to tolerate this or any other year. In fact I think it's quite possible this year they give up more points on defense on average than their offense will be able to score on a game by game average. Worst case is that they will be a sub 0.500 team. smh. You just hate to see it. Amirite? jmo.

ScreenHunter 571.png

Remember when Da’Rick carried Honey Badger and a group of LSU players on his back?
honestly i dont. that season is a blur. i recall watching about half the games, getting my hopes up then watching us fall apart.

i recall bone to bone, Heather Harringtongate, Barber Shops, hairgel, some loco hand gesture, orange slacks, and this...

DD01D08E-1418-4104-A36C-CFA41A1467AA.gif
Thank you Mike Hamilton.

I’m not even comparing their size or anything Hyatt is just going to be a better receiver than Hunter was. Hunter had hands of steel, he was just quick.

Hyatt is a complete package. He can run and catch. He will be special that’s for sure.

Okay when Hyatt goes 2nd round we can come back to this. I have my doubts that Hyatt will be better than Justin Hunter.

honestly i dont. that season is a blur. i recall watching about half the games, getting my hopes up then watching us fall apart.

i recall bone to bone, Heather Harringtongate, Barber Shops, hairgel, some loco hand gesture, orange slacks, and this...

View attachment 302159
Thank you Mike Hamilton.
Don't know if it's the same season, but I can see anything about Dooley without thinking of this one:

DooleyCane_AP.jpg

View attachment 302159
Thank you Mike Hamilton.

Forgot the Bar Knoxville brawl involving Da’Rick.

Ever just have a random ‘cruits name pop in your head where you reflect back to how at one time you really hoped the kid would end up a Vol, only to see them not and never be heard from again?

There was a kid at Alcoa a few years back. ‘16 or ‘17 iirc. Kellogg I think was his last name. Was like 6’5 as a junior. Thought he’d be a major red zone threat. Think he tried to commit here multiple times but the school didn’t accept and I want to say he got kicked off his HS team and ended up at some tiny Texas school.

Reactions: BigOrangeGoose
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back