Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
This morning I posted some tables showing how our offense over the past 11 years has performed against Alabama’s seasonal defense. The following tables show how Alabama’s seasonal offense has performed against our defense for those same 11 years.

In both of Pruitt’s years here he has held Alabama below their seasonal offensive passing rating, held them below their rushing average, and held them below their total offensive yards per play average. Last year he held them 19.2 points below their seasonal scoring average (I took out the fumble return for a TD because that was not on our defense). If football is indeed a game of inches then we held Alabama’s offense to more than 4 foot less per play than their average opponent last year. We’re closing the gap, at least on that side of the ball. jmo.

ScreenHunter 563.png

ScreenHunter 564.png

ScreenHunter 565.png

ScreenHunter 566.png

Can’t teach arm talent like his, and he is the most natural at the position. Doesn’t play frantic, is composed, and floats the pocket nicely, reads the blitz well, and aside from some throws he shouldn’t of made last year but did it anyways because “he has the arm strength to be able to” he would have probably of been the starter if he would of went mistake free during repeated drives.

Prime mistake he made was running out of bounds without stretching the ball to the first down marker on third down.
I remember his cannon, just looked a little uncomfortable back there. I remember what youre talking about against USC he got pulled right after that if I remember correctly

Tyler Bray had the best arm of any QB I’ve seen at UT in the last 20-25 years. But he never had the head.

Dude had a weird throwing motion but the ball came out effortlessly and stayed in the air for days.no doubt in my mind he could sling it 70 yards if he needed to.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back