Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm.

3ef096eb3b4dfddec5eeaa0e7be3d945.gif
Did it work?

Of course, it's the year 2020. We shouldn't expect any less:

"The National Hurricane Center is forecasting for two tropical systems to reach hurricane strength, with both sharing the Gulf of Mexico at the same time.

One system is Tropical Storm Laura, which formed Friday morning in the Atlantic Ocean.

If that forecast holds true, it would be the first time in recorded history that two hurricanes muscled through the Gulf’s warm waters simultaneously, according to Colorado State University researcher Phil Klotzbach."

Oh Georgia, how do I hate thee? Let me count the ways.

My child turned 16 recently. We were going to head over to the DMV today to test for her license. Last night I thought, let me look online to make sure I've got everything I need. Online I see that we need to make an appointment for the road test. So I check my local center...the first available appointment is October 16. I checked every other center in the state that does the road tests. None of them within two hours of where we live has an open slot before September 29. Feeling that this has to be some kind of mistake, I called the center (which, actually, is the number to the state office in Atlanta...the phone number for all of the centers is the same) and spent a total of about an hour and 15 minutes on hold before I spoke to someone. That was actually two calls...the first one ended when the person answered my call after about a 30 minute hold. I could here the other voices, tapping keyboards and shuffling papers in the background for about 2 seconds and then it disconnected. On my second call, I was on hold for a little over 40 minutes before they answered. The lady was nice, but she did confirm that the appointment slots are accurate.

If you live in another state and it's like this, please don't tell me. I'd rather sit here and continue to believe that this whole state is a caricature of its state unversity's football team. A bunch of people whose granddaddy did something noteworthy at one point in time, and they are going walk around like they've got some kind of claim to current greatness.

"The National Hurricane Center is forecasting for two tropical systems to reach hurricane strength, with both sharing the Gulf of Mexico at the same time.

One system is Tropical Storm Laura, which formed Friday morning in the Atlantic Ocean.

If that forecast holds true, it would be the first time in recorded history that two hurricanes muscled through the Gulf’s warm waters simultaneously, according to Colorado State University researcher Phil Klotzbach."
(checks 2020 bingo card for "Simultaneous twin hurricanes")

Nope. Not surprised at all.

Oh Georgia, how do I hate thee? Let me count the ways.

My child turned 16 recently. We were going to head over to the DMV today to test for her license. Last night I thought, let me look online to make sure I've got everything I need. Online I see that we need to make an appointment for the road test. So I check my local center...the first available appointment is October 16. I checked every other center in the state that does the road tests. None of them within two hours of where we live has an open slot before September 29. Feeling that this has to be some kind of mistake, I called the center (which, actually, is the number to the state office in Atlanta...the phone number for all of the centers is the same) and spent a total of about an hour and 15 minutes on hold before I spoke to someone. That was actually two calls...the first one ended when the person answered my call after about a 30 minute hold. I could here the other voices, tapping keyboards and shuffling papers in the background for about 2 seconds and then it disconnected. On my second call, I was on hold for a little over 40 minutes before they answered. The lady was nice, but she did confirm that the appointment slots are accurate.

If you live in another state and it's like this, please don't tell me. I'd rather sit here and continue to believe that this whole state is a caricature of its state unversity's football team. A bunch of people whose granddaddy did something noteworthy at one point in time, and they are going walk around like they've got some kind of claim to current greatness.
Any reason for such a delay?

Any reason for such a delay?
They don't give you a reason, per se. But you have to make an appointment for anything you want done, and I can understand that. Meanwhile, if I go to the website for my local center, it gives you a current "wait" time at the center. It currently states:

0 Minute(s)
as of 8/21/2020 12:51:25 PM

They don't give you a reason, per se. But you have to make an appointment for anything you want done, and I can understand that. Meanwhile, if I go to the website for my local center, it gives you a current "wait" time at the center. It currently states:

0 Minute(s)
as of 8/21/2020 12:51:25 PM
That's just.... Yeah, what you said.

Reactions: Chuckie
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back