Tennessee Vols Basketball Recruiting

Could more be on the way? Chandler would immediately make Tennessee an attractive place to play for anyone who might be interested in playing with the top ranked point guard in the Class of 2021. Does his early decision sway Paolo Banchero, the No. 2 ranked player in the class? Or Jabari Smith, No. 5. Or Caleb Houstan, No. 9? Well, it certainly won’t hurt.
-Vq

Say Springer and Johnson are one and dones. Getting Chandler, Banchero, smith, and or Houstan would just replenish our roster. Potentially could have back to back elite teams.
Not to mention the returning players such as: vescovi, Bailey, ticket, Corey Walker & more . Will be real fun for the next 3-4 years .

This just in. Covid 19 was spread by the blue bloods to crush all this Vol momentum on the recruiting trail. Basketball will be cancelled for the next 5 years until life is back to normal for the blue bloods.

Banchero would be the most talented freshman to stop on the court at Tenn since Bernard King.

After watching him on video, I'm not so sure I would disagree with that. I know it's just highlights, but it looks like he can do it all.

They will not be turning away any of the top guys they are recruiting. They have the three seniors but also very possible that they have an early departure or two for the draft. More than one person I have spoken to Who has been around workouts doesn’t think Keon Johnson will be in Knoxville next year unless he comes back to watch a game.
-Rob Lewis.

I like Tobias but to lift him to these heights........................

Just looking on Google it said Tobias was as high as the #6 prospect that year according to some services.
One thing about Tobias Harris is that when watching him in the McDonald’s All-American Game, he stood out. I didn’t watch Charles Hathaway, or anyone before then, but watching the games it seemed like Tony Harris, Vincent Yarbrough, and Scotty Hopspn we’re just on the team. While at UT, I always felt Tobias would either have a big first half or a big second half. The other half would be average.

In the event that Banchero commits to Tennessee, would that be considered earth shaking news for us?
100%

Not to downplay Chandler, Josiah, Keon, Hopson etc...but Banchero is one of those Top 3 in a class guys, that if there wasn’t the college rule he would be going straight to the league. The closest thing we’ve had to that in the modern era was Tobias Harris, and Banchero is considered better than that...add in we would once again be beating out Duke and Kentucky for a recruit would also add something to it.

100%

Not to downplay Chandler, Josiah, Keon, Hopson etc...but Banchero is one of those Top 3 in a class guys, that if there wasn’t the college rule he would be going straight to the league. The closest thing we’ve had to that in the modern era was Tobias Harris, and Banchero is considered better than that...add in we would once again be beating out Duke and Kentucky for a recruit would also add something to it.
That's what I was thinking. Biggest coup in UT history?

VN Store

Back