'21 GA DE Khristian Zachary

Calm down. Reggie White needed an ice cream machine to ditch Clemson. Everybody has a dream school until they don’t. I would say that a good half of college football players are at schools just so they can get revenge on their first choice schools.
This

Calm down. Reggie White needed an ice cream machine to ditch Clemson. Everybody has a dream school until they don’t. I would say that a good half of college football players are at schools just so they can get revenge on their first choice schools.

Did you listen to what AP said about him on the podcast? I respect your point but he really said Zachary is literally waiting on an offer from Bama.

Reactions: T Dog
Did you listen to what AP said about him on the podcast? I respect your point but he really said Zachary is literally waiting on an offer from Bama.
Didn’t hear that but James Robinson was all for Alabama until he camped there and got no offer. And while I don’t think it would be like Dalton Santos and literally flip after being offered three days before signing day, I would think if this kid is such a rube for Bama they wouldn’t be trying that hard to get him. Especially after how many pass rushers they took last cycle.

So? I highly doubt he gets it. Very few of the kids who end up in orange are born UT fans. Dylan Brooks was an Auburn fan until he wasn't. Wanna give him back? It would be nice if they were all natural born Vols but it's just not a realistic way to approach recruiting.

As for Zachary, it’s still far from a given that he’s going to end up at Tennessee. I think a lot of people have been assuming that he’s down Alabama’s board a little bit, but I’ve been hearing recently that the Crimson Tide like him and might end up being more of a factor in his decision. My guess right now is that it will come down to Tennessee and Alabama in the end for him, too.
callahan

.... .... .... a 6'3" 250 lb junior in high school that's nothing but unblockable bone and muscle edge rusher "will need to hit the weightroom very hard"? He's got a Clay Matthews frame as a junior in high school.... you are something else man :p
I love Cat to death but yeah that’s a hot take. Clearly hasn’t played football. Zachary already has a healthy frame. He just needs to develop some. He’s only a high schooler

Tennessee has been a strong contender for Zachary, an edge rusher from Carrollton (Ga.) High School, since the Vols gave him his first SEC offer in January. They’re still believed to be one of the teams to beat for him as he approaches his planned announcement on Oct. 15. He announced a top six in May that consisted of Tennessee, Alabama, Colorado, Georgia, Missouri and Oklahoma. The Vols have continued to search for pass-rushing help in the 2021 class, and the 6-foot-3, 250-pound Zachary has remained one of their top targets among the projected outside linebackers they’re recruiting. He’s still one of their most realistic options at the position, although Alabama remains very much in the picture and Missouri and Colorado, among others, still are battling for him. Alabama could prove to be Tennessee’s main competition for him, if it decides to push for him.
callahan

Bump just because I saw he was on the second page and as far as I know, we're still pursuing him.

He spent some time this summer with Curt Maggitt here in Carrollton and worked out together. Curt was in Carrollton for 3 weeks this summer spending time with his brother Roosevelt who coaches defense at UWG.
That’s cool. Maggitt is at the top of my list of VFLs I would love to meet. Just seemed like a good dude.

From Alabama 247:

Georgia edge rusher Khristian Zachary is less than two weeks away from making his college decision on Oct. 15. The Carrollton (Ga.) standout is working with a top six of Alabama, Colorado, Georgia, Missouri, Oklahoma, and Tennessee, but he tells 247Sports' Ryan Callahan the focus may be more on a trio of those programs. “I’m really looking at Colorado, Alabama and Tennessee. Those are some big ones for me,” Zachary said. “This top six is still the way it is, but I just put a big emphasis on those.”

Zachary has talked about his interest in Alabama in the past. And while he hasn't visited campus due to the Dead Period, he's been able to build a strong relationship with the UA staff. “It’s just the relationship I have with the coaches and how they believe in me,” Zachary said. “Alabama is not just on the list because they’re Alabama. It’s because they really developed a relationship with me. They see that I’m, like, the best pass rusher in the 2021 class."

Beyond his relationship with Sal Sunseri and Holmon Wiggins, Saban has been keeping in contact with Zachary as well. “Coach Saban, I’ve been talking to him a good amount of times — not, like, every week, of course. But every week or two, I’ve been talking to Coach Saban,” Zachary said. “Then, I talk to Coach Sal. I talk to them, and they give me the same feedback. They see me as an outside linebacker, rushing end. They say the same thing: They love my get-off. They just really are on me.”

Of note, Zachary has been to the state of Alabama a number of times, and has family living in Birmingham. Tennessee is the only school among the three he's visited. Asked in recent weeks what stands out to him about the Alabama program. “Alabama is Alabama,” he told BOL. "They just put out great talent. They know how to win. They know what to do. They know how to make good football players. That’s what stands out to me."

From Alabama 247:

Georgia edge rusher Khristian Zachary is less than two weeks away from making his college decision on Oct. 15. The Carrollton (Ga.) standout is working with a top six of Alabama, Colorado, Georgia, Missouri, Oklahoma, and Tennessee, but he tells 247Sports' Ryan Callahan the focus may be more on a trio of those programs. “I’m really looking at Colorado, Alabama and Tennessee. Those are some big ones for me,” Zachary said. “This top six is still the way it is, but I just put a big emphasis on those.”

Zachary has talked about his interest in Alabama in the past. And while he hasn't visited campus due to the Dead Period, he's been able to build a strong relationship with the UA staff. “It’s just the relationship I have with the coaches and how they believe in me,” Zachary said. “Alabama is not just on the list because they’re Alabama. It’s because they really developed a relationship with me. They see that I’m, like, the best pass rusher in the 2021 class."

Beyond his relationship with Sal Sunseri and Holmon Wiggins, Saban has been keeping in contact with Zachary as well. “Coach Saban, I’ve been talking to him a good amount of times — not, like, every week, of course. But every week or two, I’ve been talking to Coach Saban,” Zachary said. “Then, I talk to Coach Sal. I talk to them, and they give me the same feedback. They see me as an outside linebacker, rushing end. They say the same thing: They love my get-off. They just really are on me.”

Of note, Zachary has been to the state of Alabama a number of times, and has family living in Birmingham. Tennessee is the only school among the three he's visited. Asked in recent weeks what stands out to him about the Alabama program. “Alabama is Alabama,” he told BOL. "They just put out great talent. They know how to win. They know what to do. They know how to make good football players. That’s what stands out to me."
With Colorado in the top 3 I wonder if Alabama is his dream school, Tennessee is still giving him a lot of love, just not commit commitable right now and Colorado is where he is committing to.

Reactions: BigOrangeGoose
With Colorado in the top 3 I wonder if Alabama is his dream school, Tennessee is still giving him a lot of love, just not commit commitable right now and Colorado is where he is committing to.
With due respect to him, I think we’d tell Darrell Jackson to look elsewhere for this kid. Wasn’t sure the Bama offer was commitable, though he sure made it sound so in that blurb

VN Store

Back