Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is only one other year in human existence worse than 2020.1918 because neither year college football was played.
I actually thought this when I read your post. What a year that was after coming out of the great war to have at least 20 MILLION die from the flu!

No they wouldn't. The players have no power. There are 100 different options for the schools. For the players its dont play dont go to the league. Its really not hard to figure out.

Absolutely agree. For every player that holds out, there are several gladly willing to play at college and receive an education as compensation. The hold outs can join a minor league NFL for minimal pay and if they do not get a bump to the majors, get hurt or be cut in a few years. Out of work, out of money and no education sounds like a solid plan.

Why can people not see beyond what "we deserve" to the reality of the consequences?

Coach Derek Dooley actually said it the best: “You get to choose your actions. You DO NOT get to choose your consequences.”

I say that to my teenager every time he chooses a bone-headed action. Unfortunately, I say this a lot.

What’s our Oline look like next year? We going to be fine?
It will be a step back, but I think with a core of Morris, Wright, Carvin, and Calbert and the talent of the young guys, we will be fine. I have faith that one of Lampley, Mays, Spraggins, Akporoghene, and Robinson will step up into that final spot.

Coach Derek Dooley actually said it the best: “You get to choose your actions. You DO NOT get to choose your consequences.”

I say that to my teenager every time he chooses a bone-headed action. Unfortunately, I say this a lot.

I just remember this
214878.jpg

Well they won't get what they deserve if there are no sports to play.

No longer student-athletes. Just students.

Will they get what they "deserve" next year after the entire industry loses billions?

What they deserve right now is to play the sports that has afforded them free 100 thousand dollar educations, room and board and opportunity.

Look I agree with them being able to have healthcare after football, but if there is no season then they are closer to never playing again than they are getting extra benefits.

Maybe I’m perceiving the trade-off differently, but they don’t merit free healthcare for life.

IMO, give them ability to profit off their time, signatures, jersey sells, and a healthy insurance policy and accident insurance payout. That seems equitable and just.

Absolutely agree. For every player that holds out, there are several gladly willing to play at college and receive an education as compensation. The hold outs can join a minor league NFL for minimal pay and if they do not get a bump to the majors, get hurt or be cut in a few years. Out of work, out of money and no education sounds like a solid plan.
Exactly the way I feel

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back