Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hahaaaaaa! In the volley return serve of I told you so’s! 😏

How-to-return-a-table-tennis-smash.gif

Credit Snitker @butchna for subbing Duval in for Markakis there
I blame him for the rainout on Friday, too.

Edit. Sorry Bass. Did not watch. Thought you were running him down again. Braves are looking pretty solid. Hope the starting pitching holds up except when they play the Cubs.

Last edited:
The potential is very limited. Most guys are out of the league after a couple years. Then they’re like the rest of us schmucks but probably have worse knees, backs, shoulders, etc than 95% of us
Most of them have that goal and believe in themselves. I changed my major a few times. Life happens. You make adjustments. I have no issue with them getting paid to use their likeness.

Maybe I’m perceiving the trade-off differently, but they don’t merit free healthcare for life.

IMO, give them ability to profit off their time, signatures, jersey sells, and a healthy insurance policy and accident insurance payout. That seems equitable and just.
Yeah I can agree with that.

They main issue is of course those with CTE and other severe issues. They should be helped no doubt.

We also shouldn't forget that it's really only football players that have serious injuries.

It's just another complicated issue that gets blasted in the media and people only offer black and white solutions.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
That’s okay. One of your photos looked similar to certain sections of northern Arizona, so I thought it could be either Arizona or Utah.
We hit the three southern Colorado NPs, three of the best Colorado scenic byways, and four of the five Utah NPs (no Zion, saving it for later), Utah Scenic Hwys 12 and 24..and five Utah State parks including Kodachrome Basin, Goblin Valley and Dead Horse Point.

Football destroys people’s bodies. School makes money off their bodies being destroyed. Lifelong healthcare should be provided. Then provide it to athletes in other sports on a case by case basis. Like if they have a career ending injury while playing basketball or volleyball or something.
Football is a violent contact sport and everyone in America knows that. Injuries are going to happen if you play the game long enough. Here's the deal though-----no-one is holding a gun to anyone's head and making them play football. If you don't like the game, get out of the game. That's my take on sports.

What does that have to do with players (who put their bodies on the line for your entertainment) getting healthcare?

Playing football is a choice. If their future health is that big of a concern for them because of football, then pick another sport, or focus on your education in HS and earn an academic scholarship. I can get along fine without college football; can they?

Football destroys people’s bodies. School makes money off their bodies being destroyed. Lifelong healthcare should be provided. Then provide it to athletes in other sports on a case by case basis. Like if they have a career ending injury while playing basketball or volleyball or something.
No. The school doesn't force them to play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back