Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure, I will pencil you in basis confirmation of a positive drug urine test.

Oh, I don't do drugs. Scouts honor.
tenor.gif

Uhh so... colleges are worried because a “small percentage” may develop this? Also, what’s to see these individuals won’t contract the virus while away from college and sports? As almost every team knows, any time these kids go home they are more likely to get the virus. It has already been proven over the short break.

If they are cancelling football, then basketball will be next. If it's over, I wish they'd postpone instead of cancel-- wait for a vaccine and start later.

Vaccine isn’t happening until maybe January (maybe) then it has to be mass produced so it won’t be ready for everyone until maybe (April/May) so how are you going to fit games in within that time frame?

These conferences better play and they need to listen to the players and the players need to speak up.

Great opportunity for the program and there isn’t a single team JP doesn’t think we can’t beat this year. These games are great for recruiting as well.

We will line up and play smash mouth football with play action passes and swing passes to our RBs. With our OL and solid D, this will be fun to watch.

You do have insurance though right? These guys don’t have it. At a minimum The school should give them insurance for injuries that they develop as a result of playing football. Like if (and likely when) their knees become sh*t.
The players get free care while they are in school and they get A. The best medical team and B. The beat rehab.

Body break downs are part of the gig in being an athlete. You become an athlete because of passion for competition and physicality. They choose to put their bodies on the line in order to play a game whether it's because they love it or because it's the best path to financial success. College is and has been for decades an organized amateur activity just like HS. College isnt the boogey man here. The market has decided a minor league wont work. That's because it isnt about the players. Its about the school. If the kids want to benefit from the following the school has for their marketability and exposure to professional leagues, they can enjoy the current system. The school earned that money and following. The school has that fan base. Not the player.

Last edited:
XFL would be the perfect league for players who want to audition for the NFL. A lot of the players that I talked to were doing just that. They were being paid a minimum (don’t know how much) if they made a team. They received additional pay if they played a significant portion of a game. All the players wanted to play. This was their shot.

The XFL had “team 9” that was made up of players hoping to make a roster. If a player was out due to injury and the team needed a replacement, the coach called team 9 and said that they wanted xyz player. Team 9 was based in DFW, so I got to take care of several. Talk about hungry to play. They would get called up and potentially be in a game the very next day...

It was a good concept. Like minor league for football. Also entertaining with the different rules. I got hooked pretty quickly. It wasn’t the highest quality football.

Basically, the student athletes can easily be replaced because the school/team is who we’re rooting for. College football has conditioned us fans to get used to players graduating. They are replaced. Remembered if great. But we definitely move on to the new players.

Yes, I ramble.

The players get free care while they are in school and they get A. The best medical team and B. The beat rehab.

Body break downs are part of the gig in being an athlete. You become an athlete because of passion for competition and physicality. They choose to put their bodies on the line in order to play a game whether it's because they love it or because it's the best path to financial success. College is and has been for decades an organized amateur activity just like HS. College isnt the boogey man here. The market has decided a minor league wont work. That's because it isnt about the players. Its about the school. If the kids want to benefit from the following the school has for their marketability and exposure to professional leagues, they can enjoy the current system. The school earned that money and following. The school has that fan base. Not the player.
The schools are out on the field playing the games? Lmao

If they are cancelling football, then basketball will be next. If it's over, I wish they'd postpone instead of cancel-- wait for a vaccine and start later.

Starting later postpones the next season. We should skip it entirely and pick it up again in 2021 once we’ve got a hold on this virus. Mass crowds pose a serious health risk.

The schools are out on the field playing the games? Lmao
That's your argument? The schools have funded the amateur activity for over a century. Remove Trey Smith, the same people watch the game. Remove Peyton Manning and we all still tuned into Tennessee football. The lack of success of another league destroys your player argument. Without the schools reputation and fanbase, no one cares about "Player X". Data is against you. Tim Tebow at the Citadel doesn't have the success the Tim Tebow at Florida had. It's not hard to see why.

If the players that signed up for this United bull actually quit, nothing would change.

What does that have to do with players (who put their bodies on the line for your entertainment) getting healthcare?
They get it. They just assume the common risk of playing the game but they get care of any injury that happens in the field. They dont get WC benefits but they get medical care and the best to boot. To say otherwise is willfully ignorant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back