Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I looked at my wife and said "if this happens, I cant support Tennessee anymore" because it was such a slap in the face to all the money and sacrifices the fans make.
I said I would be done supporting the program if they hired him, too. I think there were many of us who said the same thing.

Football destroys people’s bodies. School makes money off their bodies being destroyed. Lifelong healthcare should be provided. Then provide it to athletes in other sports on a case by case basis. Like if they have a career ending injury while playing basketball or volleyball or something.
It is also their free will choice to play the game. They know what they are getting into by playing it. It is my choice to be a horse veterinarian. Do I know that I run the risk every day of being seriously injured or even killed, if one of them does something crazy while I am working on that horse? Yes, I understand that. However, I still make the choice to do what I do. Do you see me asking for horse owners to pay extra on their bill in order to provide me healthcare, disability, and Life Insurance, on the off chance I am injured seriously or killed? No. As a matter of fact, they would be appalled by it, would complain nonstop about it, and probably stop using me because of it.

It's really not that hard, is it? Will Friend gets credit now because of the improvement the OL has made. When one of our QB's shows improvement, Weinke will get the credit.

But so far our QB's have either not improved, or in the case of JG, they regressed. And now Bailey is struggling

JG regressed from when? Honest question. As inconsistent as he was last season, I still thought he was much improved over 2018.

How intense would it be if all of the conferences opted out of the season and schools who wanted in joined together for a mega-conference style 12 game season. The top 8 go to a playoff to end. Damn would that be enjoyable to watch.

Think about it if you had a combination of 30-35 teams from the 4 P5 conferences except for the PAC-12 (Let’s face it the Liberal Loonies from the PAC-12 ain’t gonna play) keep your 2-4 annual rivalries with the rest of the games coming against the other 25+ schools. The matchup potentials would be epic. At the end around 15 schools statistically would be over .500 with the top 7-8 being .750 or higher. Essentially 9-3 would get you into an 8 team playoff and every team would be well battle tested at that point.

Ratings for that type of a season would be through the roof!

It is also their free will choice to play the game. They know what they are getting into by playing it. It is my choice to be a horse veterinarian. Do I know that I run the risk every day of being seriously injured or even killed, if one of them does something crazy while I am working on that horse? Yes, I understand that. However, I still make the choice to do what I do. Do you see me asking for horse owners to pay extra on their bill in order to provide me healthcare, disability, and Life Insurance, on the off chance I am injured seriously or killed? No. As a matter of fact, they would be appalled by it, would complain nonstop about it, and probably stop using me because of it.
You do have insurance though right? These guys don’t have it. At a minimum The school should give them insurance for injuries that they develop as a result of playing football. Like if (and likely when) their knees become sh*t.

You do have insurance though right? These guys don’t have it. At a minimum The school should give them insurance for injuries that they develop as a result of playing football. Like if (and likely when) their knees become sh*t.
How do you know they don’t have insurance? I guarantee you a good majority of them are under their parents’ or guardians’ insurance. Also, are you sure things aren't taken care of for them while they are playing? Especially when they have to have surgery?

These guys dont care about health care. You think that's going to fix it? No. That's just the beginning. Once you start giving in to demands it's not going to stop. Give them money and next year they'll demand more or strike. And so on. What needs to be done is nothing. Anyone who doesn't want to play college ball doesn't have to. Train yourself and then go straight to the NFL or Canadian Football. If guys quit because of that then good. Next man up and good luck to you. College ball is like an internship for a real job.
Agree 💯. You are right sir1596990100203.gif

Last edited:
Never understand why it matters if college athletes demand compensation. It’s not my money or 95% of this boards money. What’s wrong with asking for compensation when “we” the consumer pays $100s of dollars on game day to see these athletes play. I don’t see lines forming or tickets prices going up for intramural games.

I said I would be done supporting the program if they hired him, too. I think there were many of us who said the same thing.
I bet none of you have said, " if TN doesn't get this player, or if this player leaves the team, I'll no longer support TN football" though.

Schools need to understand..THE FANS are what makes college football great. Our love for our school, our hate for other schools (regardless of what team you cheer for) is what drives college football. Names on the back of a jersey are great, but college football is really only driven by one name. The school a fan roots for.

How do you know they don’t have insurance? I guarantee you a good majority of them are under their parents’ or guardians’ insurance. Also, are you sure things aren't taken care of for them while they are playing? Especially when they have to have surgery?
They’re covered while in school but a lot of these guys are developing chronic issues whether from going under the knife a lot or from getting hit full speed by big dude’s thousands of times.

Swain has talked about it before. He’s a guy that was unlucky and his body gave out on him. Obviously he finds a way to make ends meet, but he’s a VFL and deserves to have all his football related injuries covered by the school.

Hell maybe the school could just continue to provide medical care as though the person was still an athlete, rather than pay medical bills/insurance

Never understand why it matters if college athletes demand compensation. It’s not my money or 95% of this boards money. What’s wrong with asking for compensation when “we” the consumer pays $100s of dollars on game day to see these athletes play. I don’t see lines forming or tickets prices going up for intramural games.
I don't pay to see "these" athletes. I pay to see football, or basketball, or baseball...or whatever the hell else I want to pay to see. I'm the one paying...I should be the one that has the most say in who gets what.

If fans stop watching, the other money (tv revenue..etc...etc) goes away too. The fans, not the athletes are what drive any sport.

I don't pay to see "these" athletes. I pay to see football, or basketball, or baseball...or whatever the hell else I want to pay to see. I'm the one paying...I should be the one that has the most say in who gets what.

If fans stop watching, the other money (tv revenue..etc...etc) goes away too. The fans, not the athletes are what drive any sport.
Do you attend intramural games at UT? Bc they play basketball, football.

Reactions: CreiveHallVol
Also, another thing these players griping about how much coaches make etc. guess what.... these coaches have mostly played football themselves, fought their way up the coaching ranks, and spent many years doing it, watching countless hours of film, going on the recruiting trail, being away from their families all the time, to finally get the pay they deserve.

But players want to take all of those years of hard work coaches put in and reduce their salaries because they are butthurt? Truth is without these coaches those athletes for the most part wouldn’t be very good. Yes you would obviously have your outliers but these coaches make or break kids. That is why these coaches get paid the big bucks.

Release them of their scholarships and move on. If our entire starting 4 OL said they wanted this crap, I would release them even if we don’t win a game. You play the game because you love to play. One day it ends for us all.

Do you attend intramural games at UT? Bc they play basketball, football.
Actually, yes. When I have the occasion to do so, I do.

I also follow other colleges in sports. Currently also following Coastal Carilina football. Used to follow ECU. Have for years been a fan of App State.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back