Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know exactly what you're talking about. About 10 years ago, during Christmas shopping, my wife was backing out of a parking space and bumped into the back quarter panel of a car waiting for a parking space. The dent was barely visible and pictures were taken of the incident.

The lady claimed whiplash from the incident and our insurance company paid the lady $4K and my insurance rates went straight up. They didn't tell me about the payment until I started questioning why my rates were increasing. This was not a fly by night insurance company either. If I'm ever in an accident, I'm going straight to a shady doctor and just get in line for my check.

I am not shady, but I got you covered...of course if you kick a little my way, I could do shady 😂

Future just happened as you were reading. You don’t wait to get moving towards that...or you’ll completely stop. “We’ll wait til next year” is never uttered by any HC worth a damn.
Im not saying Pruitt should say that, im saying if all things are equal or close to equal, and they are you go with the younger guy because he has more room to grow and will be better for the program in the long run.

I know exactly what you're talking about. About 10 years ago, during Christmas shopping, my wife was backing out of a parking space and bumped into the back quarter panel of a car waiting for a parking space. The dent was barely visible and pictures were taken of the incident.

The lady claimed whiplash from the incident and our insurance company paid the lady $4K and my insurance rates went straight up. They didn't tell me about the payment until I started questioning why my rates were increasing. This was not a fly by night insurance company either. If I'm ever in an accident, I'm going straight to a shady doctor and just get in line for my check.

ef8ed61a-917f-4156-a8d0-b02cf616c6e5.gif

I guarantee the guys in the locker room aren't complaining. The schedule gives them a hell of an opportunity to show how good they are and how far they've come. I don't know what the record will be but the Vols are gonna be in every game they play this season. The roster is as good as it's been in a long time and they will be coaches better than anybody in the conference. Jump on the wagon and let's go kick some ass!

I guarantee the guys in the locker room aren't complaining. The schedule gives them a hell of an opportunity to show how good they are and how far they've come. I don't know what the record will be but the Vols are gonna be in every game they play this season. The roster is as good as it's been in a long time and they will be coaches better than anybody in the conference. Jump on the wagon and let's go kick some ass!
Let's get those moral victories!

I understand that, but practice is different than a game. I heard a lot of talk about Dobbs not being good in practice, but he was a gamer. Besides the fact that the pass rush isn't coming at you in practice like it would in a game. Bailey playing this year means hes ready for next year. Sitting him means you're playing with kid gloves until hes comfortable.

While I understand your point, I don't agree with that logic at all. I don't understand the point of throwing away a season just so the freshman we hope is the future gets PT instead of only practice. Doing that risks serious damage to what should be at minimum a top 10 recruiting class. Again, if Bailey fairly beats the others out and proves he is ready to handle the starting spot, awesome, but I am not willing to ruin a top 10 recruiting class so Bailey is ready for next year.

My complaint is less with what UT's schedule looks like as much as it is that they give Bama and Georgia easy additions. Hubbs from VQ is right. Follow the money as the SEC is trying to get 2 playoff teams in.
Both teams will lose at least one game.

Both to Tennessee. Hell Bama might lose two to Tennessee!

While I understand your point, I don't agree with that logic at all. I don't understand the point of throwing away a season just so the freshman we hope is the future gets PT instead of only practice. Doing that risks serious damage to what should be at minimum a top 10 recruiting class. Again, if Bailey fairly beats the others out and proves he is ready to handle the starting spot, awesome, but I am not willing to ruin a top 10 recruiting class so Bailey is ready for next year.
Is it really throwing away the season if the results are the same no matter

Is it really throwing away the season if the results are the same no matter

Well, that's just speculation. 7-3, which you said is JG's limit, wouldn't be throwing away a season and could be the difference in maintaining that recruiting class. Again, if Bailey wins the spot then I am thrilled, but i just want on the field who has the most command of the offense. We don't really differ much other than that, and I have nothing new really to add, so will leave it at that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back