Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eh, that win was on the defense, he just didnt **** up

Well, this season we have a much better defense, and much more talent around JG on offense this season, especially on the OL, so as long as he doesn't "**** up" we can win at Auburn again. And A&M is overrated, and Mond is similar to JG in his extreme inconsistencies.

Reactions: hooter vol
Well, this season we have a much better defense this year, and much more talent around JG on offense this season, especially on the OL, so as long as he doesn't "**** up" we can win at Auburn again. And A&M is overrated, and Mond is similar to JG in his extreme inconsistencies.
Thats fine, but with saying that our ceiling is most likely 7-3 with any QB we have. 5-5 is most likely. and 4-6 wouldn't surprise me. We could play Bailey and go 7-3 on the defense so why not get him ready for the future?

Nobody's trying to lose, but if things are close between JG and Bailey, go with the young guy who is your future.
If JG’s better? Go with him. If Bailey or other’s are better? Go with them. We’re not splitting atoms. The future is happening now.

If JG’s better? Go with him. If Bailey or other’s are better? Go with them. We’re not splitting atoms. The future is happening now.
The future doesnt happen until next year, this team isn't there. The ceiling of this team is the same with any QB we put out there, so set yourself up for later.

The future doesnt happen until next year, this team isn't there. The ceiling of this team is the same with any QB we put out there, so set yourself up for later.
Future just happened as you were reading. You don’t wait to get moving towards that...or you’ll completely stop. “We’ll wait til next year” is never uttered by any HC worth a damn.

Thats fine, but with saying that our ceiling is most likely 7-3 with any QB we have. 5-5 is most likely. and 4-6 wouldn't surprise me. We could play Bailey and go 7-3 on the defense so why not get him ready for the future?

I have no problem with starting Bailey. Or any of the other QBs. Whoever wins the spot. But it is going to come down to which QB can put the offense in the best alignments to have a strong running game, because it is obvious that is what Pruitt wants from his offense. Last year the freshmen were just not able to properly read defenses, which is why Pruitt kept having to go back to JG.

I have no problem with starting Bailey. Or any of the other QBs. Whoever wins the spot. But it is going to come down to which QB can put the offense in the best alignments to have a strong running game, because it is obvious that is what Pruitt wants from his offense. Last year the freshmen were just not able to properly read defenses, which is why Pruitt kept having to go back to JG.
I understand that, but practice is different than a game. I heard a lot of talk about Dobbs not being good in practice, but he was a gamer. Besides the fact that the pass rush isn't coming at you in practice like it would in a game. Bailey playing this year means hes ready for next year. Sitting him means you're playing with kid gloves until hes comfortable.

Reactions: UTSuave’
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back