Breaking: Vols’ schedule additions

Alabama, UGA, UF, Texas A&M, and Auburn.....lol.....ummm, at least it will be an interesting season to watch! The best part is, that I think we actually stack up and should be able to steal some games. Go 3-2 out of that list and I'll be very happy.
We are much better equipped upfront on our ol and dl to more than compete in these games. Should be fun to watch. We probably won't win them all but I think we will compete at a high level.

Reactions: vols4evah
It was pretty obvious that if it wasn't random, it wasn't going to be fair.

We are considered a middle of the road team and we got a middle of the road draw. At least we aren't Mizzou.

Reactions: 08Vol and onevol74
He’s probably going to be right

SEC is corrupt and are trying to hand it to Georgia and Alabama. It is obvious to the world. They made sure to screw Florida because they think Georgia is better than Florida but let me tell you this. Tennessee is better than Georgia this year and Florida is better than both. It's going to be tough to beat Florida with this schedule but if we do, then we can beat Georgia and put ourselves in a position to surprise. One good thing is our road games are not that hard. However, we won't be able to take over our home game with fans not being allowed or allowed in limited numbers. We get an 9 win team and a on the rise Tex and M. They screwed us and I hope someone does something to make it where Georgia, Florida, and Bama are on the outside looking in.
We aren’t better than Georgia this year lol

These games aren’t going to get played anyway
The season won’t make it past mid October

Reactions: 08Vol
I think you could have kept the existing 8 game schedule plus added something like this. Except for Vandy, each of the teams in the East gets one of the Top 4 in the West and one of the bottom 3 in the West. I don't think the existing SOS should have mattered since teams that have tougher schedules this year had easier ones in the past and vice versa. Each of the Teams in the West gets one of the Top 4 in the East (UGA, UF, UT, UK) and one of the bottom 3 teams in the East. In this scenario, Bama is the team that gets a break but they still do play 1, 3, 4, and 5 in the East.

UGA - AM, Arky
UF - Auburn, MSU
UT - LSU, Ole Miss
UK - Bama, Arky
Mizzou - AM, Ole Miss
USC - Bama, MSU
Vandy - LSU, Auburn

Bama - UK, USC
Auburn - UF, Vandy
AM - UGA, Mizzou
LSU - UT, Vandy
Ole Miss - UT, Mizzou
MSU - UF, USC
Arky - UGA, UK

Reactions: v0ltan
IMHO we play the (Teams Ranked in SEC with Tennessee #7):

1. AL
2. @GA
3. FL
5. aTm
6. @Auburn
8. UK
9. @SCar
10. Mizzou
12. @Arky
14. @Vandy

So we lucked out with:

4. LSU
11. Ole Miss
13. MissSt.

Woooooooo!

Pretty safe to say we have the toughest Schedule yet again.

SEC is corrupt and are trying to hand it to Georgia and Alabama. It is obvious to the world. They made sure to screw Florida because they think Georgia is better than Florida but let me tell you this. Tennessee is better than Georgia this year and Florida is better than both. It's going to be tough to beat Florida with this schedule but if we do, then we can beat Georgia and put ourselves in a position to surprise. One good thing is our road games are not that hard. However, we won't be able to take over our home game with fans not being allowed or allowed in limited numbers. We get an 9 win team and a on the rise Tex and M. They screwed us and I hope someone does something to make it where Georgia, Florida, and Bama are on the outside looking in.
Agree. I think there’s gonna be a lot of beating the hell out of each other this year...no one will get thru the gauntlet with less than 2 losses. We can be in the mix and have a pretty good season and still be 6-4. No doubt year over year we draw the short straw playing Bama, and the one year the conf gets the opportunity to square it away, they doubled down.

Reactions: JacketVol
Two in row at Auburn.

Only consolation is we didn't get LSU which I think is slightly to significantly better than aTm and Auburn.

Tough arse home slate with FL, AL, aTm, UK, and Mizzou

I say we keep Oklahoma too just to add some beef to the schedule.

It looks like the SEC took the path lined out by the ACC and Big 10 and protected the teams they believe have the best shot at the playoffs. Either that, or we just weren't willing to pay the asking price.

With this schedule, bama, FL and UGA should be paying us 30% of their CFP $$'s for absorbing all those tough games for them.

I hope Arky / MissSt pulls off the upset of the century against UGA!

VN Store

Back