Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
UCONN announces they will not play football.

I hope this isn’t the start of the avalanche. At least the SEC seems pretty gung-ho and that’s the big thing for us. UCONN isn’t exactly the top tier

Reactions: OrangenSC

I hope this isn’t the start of the avalanche. At least the SEC seems pretty gung-ho and that’s the big thing for us. UCONN isn’t exactly the top tier

That may be the nail in the coffin for their program. Or at least send them back to the FCS level. Their leadership has been horrible for years.

You need to go back and watch MSU and Bama. He looked really good. Was moving the ball both games. 2 boneheaded freshman plays against MSU notwithstanding, he was looking really good.

Really good is a stretch still imo. But of course he was a freshman. The only thing that stood out to me was he had some Moxie. Other than that he was as inconsistent as JG. Obviously that's more acceptable as a freshman than a RS Junior so I get it.

At the end of the day, I think this staff will play whoever they think is the most ready. Which will be JG, but he will be on an even shorter leash than last year. Can't totally blow a game, he's got 2nd year Maurer and HB behind this time.

Why? I'm sure the owner knew all the right people and it was kept there because it was an easy port to transport in and out of. That's the way it usually works. No one really thinks about safety when there's money to be made or in cases like this *more* money to be made. Keeping it at a safer distance from a large population very likely would've cut into someone's bottom line. And sadly, I'm sure plenty of the politicians who will step forward decrying this never said a word beforehand to make sure a literal bomb waiting to happen had safety standards and protocols let alone made a push to move it out of the city. Stuff like this happens commonly the world over, especially where regulations are less strict but everywhere politicians are corrupt (and that's everywhere on this planet).

They said it was over 5 million pounds of Ammonium Nitrate. You are telling me they were just stockpiling 5 million pounds and no one had a single thought.... like uhh hey man this is getting a little ridiculous..... we should probably not have this much stuff there..... also, their story changed so many times it’s hard to believe them saying it was ammonium nitrate. They tried to say it was fireworks, seized munitions, etc. and then they come up with ammonium nitrate?

The domino is what I’m afraid of. I don’t think UCONN would set it off but if let’s say an even halfway decent big ten or acc etc team does then it would start a ripple effect. What if even a Vandy draws Bama and Auburn or something and then says nah we’re good. We’re not playing this year. Messes up everyone else’s schedule.

The domino is what I’m afraid of. I don’t think UCONN would set it off but if let’s say an even halfway decent big ten or acc etc team does then it would start a ripple effect. What if even a Vandy draws Bama and Auburn or something and then says nah we’re good. We’re not playing this year. Messes up everyone else’s schedule.
They’d already de emphasized football with plans to rejoin the Big East. They were playing as an independent this season, which isn’t an ideal situation. They are nowhere near a harbinger for legit conferences to follow.

They are saying now that the warehouse had 2,750 tons of ammonium nitrate. That would definitely do it. Their Prime Minister has said that this warehouse has been dangerous since 2014 and saying they won't rest until they get the responsible party. Blame game has commenced so they're probably telling the truth about it being an accident.
The ammonium nitrate was seized from a ship in 2014 and stored at the dock warehouse ever since and they had fireworks stored next to the warehouse. How dumb can you be?

UCONN is broke. They have no money and they believe shutting sports down will somehow save money. They'll be first in line for a government bailout.

They’d already de emphasized football with plans to rejoin the Big East. They were playing as an independent this season, which isn’t an ideal situation. They are nowhere near a harbinger for legit conferences to follow.
That’s why I said I don’t think UCONN would but it worries me a team in a legit conference doing it and the ripple effect it brings. Maybe the conference would just award a victory on your schedule if a Vandy or an Indiana etc said they were opting out. Like a forfeit. Who knows. Just need to get to Sept 26

They said it was over 5 million pounds of Ammonium Nitrate. You are telling me they were just stockpiling 5 million pounds and no one had a single thought.... like uhh hey man this is getting a little ridiculous..... we should probably not have this much stuff there..... also, their story changed so many times it’s hard to believe them saying it was ammonium nitrate. They tried to say it was fireworks, seized munitions, etc. and then they come up with ammonium nitrate?

Saw a report on the scrolling news feed this morning saying that the Lebanese gov't said it (ammonium nitrate) has been there since 2014. If true, who in their right mind(s) keeps explosive material like that around an urban area?

Edit: Batman got here before me.

Right, because we’ve all had the kids chained in our dungeons for the past four months. I’m sure none of these kids have even seen the daylight much less played outside or with their friends and family since March.
Glad I'm not the only one that kept them chained in the dungeon

Saw a report on the scrolling news feed this morning saying that the Lebanese gov't said it (ammonium nitrate) has been there since 2014. If true, who in their right mind(s) keeps explosive material like that around an urban area?

Edit: Batman got here before me.

Hezbollah runs Lebanon.

Hezbollah runs Lebanon.

My first thought, too. The Lebanese government is already in a slight pickle over there as well with the natives getting restless. This "transparent and thorough investigation" they are promising will be anything but that I'm sure.

The explosion in Beirut yesterday. The count is 100+ dead and 4000+ still missing. Didn't know those numbers before my post. Corrected that.
before and after...
zu21F0z.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back