Possible Schedule Additions for UT

What is the likely schedule for football? Here is David Ubben's best guess and reasoning.

"Tennessee is already scheduled to face Alabama and Arkansas as its crossover opponents. That leaves five remaining candidates, of which Tennessee will face two:
  • LSU
  • Auburn
  • Texas A&M
  • Ole Miss
  • Mississippi State
LSU, Auburn and Texas A&M all feel somewhat interchangeable, and I doubt there will be much of a home-field advantage for anyone this season. Doubling up on the Mississippi schools seems unlikely if the decisions are made for strength-of-schedule reasons, but the best reasonable draw for Tennessee would be a road date in Mississippi somewhere and a home date against one of the West’s other top three teams. Depending on whom you ask, LSU, Auburn and Texas A&M could finish in any order in the SEC West, but at least LSU is rebuilding much of its offense and coaching staff. All three will probably open the season in or near the top 15. I’d lean toward an early-season home game against the Tigers as the best draw among the best in the SEC West. And even without fans, any team would rather go to Mississippi than make a trip to Death Valley or Kyle Field." The Athletic

I would not be surprised to to see Ole Miss and Auburn. At Ole Miss would allow quite a few Tenn. people a chance for a close to home game. If we have to travel, Auburn is the easiest to get to unless you fly to A&M.

I'd go so far as to say that if Vanderbilt goes undefeated, I'd sell everything I own, put it in cash $100 bills, and stand in Times Square naked and hand them to people who walk by until I run out.

I don't know about all this. But I do know if this were to happen, the football world would find another conference to deem the best and the SEC would fall off the map.

Reactions: ptcarter
There will be 10 SEC games. There will not be an undefeated SEC team after that. I will bet my house
I have to agree. No undefeated SEC Champ this year. I'd bet my next house on it, and a car.

I have to agree. No undefeated SEC Champ this year. I'd bet my next house on it, and a car.
I could see a 2 or 3 way tie at 8-2. I will be shocked if anybody goes undefeated through a 10 game sec gauntlet, but watch it happen. I still say that if anybody can go 9-1 right now today I would have to say they won it. I wouldn't rule out 8-2. I wouldn't want this type of schedule every year but for 1 year this is interesting and exciting. It's going to be a straight up sec war!!!! GBO, let's WIN IT ALL BABY!!!!!!

The current schedule is 13 weeks with UT having a bye. If we keep the bye before Bama and add Saturday 5 December...
1 Sept 26 – Florida @ Knoxville
2 Oct 3 – Mizzou @ Knoxville
3 October 10th – UT @ South Carolina
4 October 17th - UT Bye
5 October 24th – Alabama at Knoxville
6 October 31st – UT at Arkansas
7 Nov 7th - Kentucky at Knoxville
8 Nov 14 – Georgia at Athens
9 November 21st – either @ Ole Miss or Miss State
10 Nov 28 – Vandy at Nashville
11 Dec 5th - @ Ole Miss or Miss State
Conference Championships Dec 12th. This is all iffy but, my best guess. GO VOLS! I think MSU and Ole Miss have out of conference games the weekend we need to fill. I prefer them over LSU for sure!

Reactions: FabSmokyVol
I would not be surprised to to see Ole Miss and Auburn. At Ole Miss would allow quite a few Tenn. people a chance for a close to home game. If we have to travel, Auburn is the easiest to get to unless you fly to A&M.
If it were up to me I'd pick ole piss and A&M. Travel to ole piss and homer against A&M.

The current schedule is 13 weeks with UT having a bye. If we keep the bye before Bama and add Saturday 5 December...
1 Sept 26 – Florida @ Knoxville
2 Oct 3 – Mizzou @ Knoxville
3 October 10th – UT @ South Carolina
4 October 17th - UT Bye
5 October 24th – Alabama at Knoxville
6 October 31st – UT at Arkansas
7 Nov 7th - Kentucky at Knoxville
8 Nov 14 – Georgia at Athens
9 November 21st – either @ Ole Miss or Miss State
10 Nov 28 – Vandy at Nashville
11 Dec 5th - @ Ole Miss or Miss State
Conference Championships Dec 12th. This is all iffy but, my best guess. GO VOLS! I think MSU and Ole Miss have out of conference games the weekend we need to fill. I prefer them over LSU for sure!
Conference title game will be December 19.

Reactions: 87&91ALUM
What is the likely schedule for football? Here is David Ubben's best guess and reasoning.

"Tennessee is already scheduled to face Alabama and Arkansas as its crossover opponents. That leaves five remaining candidates, of which Tennessee will face two:
  • LSU
  • Auburn
  • Texas A&M
  • Ole Miss
  • Mississippi State
LSU, Auburn and Texas A&M all feel somewhat interchangeable, and I doubt there will be much of a home-field advantage for anyone this season. Doubling up on the Mississippi schools seems unlikely if the decisions are made for strength-of-schedule reasons, but the best reasonable draw for Tennessee would be a road date in Mississippi somewhere and a home date against one of the West’s other top three teams. Depending on whom you ask, LSU, Auburn and Texas A&M could finish in any order in the SEC West, but at least LSU is rebuilding much of its offense and coaching staff. All three will probably open the season in or near the top 15. I’d lean toward an early-season home game against the Tigers as the best draw among the best in the SEC West. And even without fans, any team would rather go to Mississippi than make a trip to Death Valley or Kyle Field." The Athletic
We have played Miss St , Auburn & Texas A &M. So LSU and Ole Miss makes since.

VN Store

Back