Possible Schedule Additions for UT

SNAFU

What is the likely schedule for football? Here is David Ubben's best guess and reasoning.

"Tennessee is already scheduled to face Alabama and Arkansas as its crossover opponents. That leaves five remaining candidates, of which Tennessee will face two:
  • LSU
  • Auburn
  • Texas A&M
  • Ole Miss
  • Mississippi State
LSU, Auburn and Texas A&M all feel somewhat interchangeable, and I doubt there will be much of a home-field advantage for anyone this season. Doubling up on the Mississippi schools seems unlikely if the decisions are made for strength-of-schedule reasons, but the best reasonable draw for Tennessee would be a road date in Mississippi somewhere and a home date against one of the West’s other top three teams. Depending on whom you ask, LSU, Auburn and Texas A&M could finish in any order in the SEC West, but at least LSU is rebuilding much of its offense and coaching staff. All three will probably open the season in or near the top 15. I’d lean toward an early-season home game against the Tigers as the best draw among the best in the SEC West. And even without fans, any team would rather go to Mississippi than make a trip to Death Valley or Kyle Field." The Athletic

There will be 10 SEC games. There will not be an undefeated SEC team after that. I will bet my house
I'd go so far as to say that if Vanderbilt goes undefeated, I'd sell everything I own, put it in cash $100 bills, and stand in Times Square naked and hand them to people who walk by until I run out.

What is the likely schedule for football? Here is David Ubben's best guess and reasoning.

"Tennessee is already scheduled to face Alabama and Arkansas as its crossover opponents. That leaves five remaining candidates, of which Tennessee will face two:
  • LSU
  • Auburn
  • Texas A&M
  • Ole Miss
  • Mississippi State
LSU, Auburn and Texas A&M all feel somewhat interchangeable, and I doubt there will be much of a home-field advantage for anyone this season. Doubling up on the Mississippi schools seems unlikely if the decisions are made for strength-of-schedule reasons, but the best reasonable draw for Tennessee would be a road date in Mississippi somewhere and a home date against one of the West’s other top three teams. Depending on whom you ask, LSU, Auburn and Texas A&M could finish in any order in the SEC West, but at least LSU is rebuilding much of its offense and coaching staff. All three will probably open the season in or near the top 15. I’d lean toward an early-season home game against the Tigers as the best draw among the best in the SEC West. And even without fans, any team would rather go to Mississippi than make a trip to Death Valley or Kyle Field." The Athletic
I'd say he's probably right...one of the MS teams, and pick your poison from the others...probably LSU since it's been longest since we've played them? At least other teams going to be on more even slate this year with UT, as we've got Bama every year.

At this point I'm not even sure it's a given we play Arkansas since they want to "power rank" the SEC for some dumb reason instead of doing it the common sense way.

Last edited:
I'd say he's probably right...one of the MS teams, and pick your poison from the others...probably LSU since it's been longest since we've played them? At least other teams going to be on more even slate this year with UT, as we've got Bama every year.
We played LSU in 2017. Haven’t played A&M since 2016.

Reactions: sport3500
I'd go so far as to say that if Vanderbilt goes undefeated, I'd sell everything I own, put it in cash $100 bills, and stand in Times Square naked and hand them to people who walk by until I run out.

Just don't forget you have to wear a mask 😷

Or you'll get mugged within about 3-4 min since NYPD is either all retiring or the few staying are being defunfed.

We wont play Mississippi State or Auburn. Too recent since we played them previously. LSU and Ole Miss are most likely. A&M a dark horse since we havent played them since 2016 I think. All just my opinion.

I would bet on A&M, Ole Miss, or LSU. And I like us in those matchups. Especially if we got LSU early.

Reactions: njvols
Don't won't to put a downer on the 20 season, there is no way we play in 20, look at MLB, now we could play in the spring if there is a vaccine, we can't play till there is a vaccine.

Reactions: Purple Tiger
If its based on SOS then it is almost assuredly decided.

The West last year was .500 in conference

Our opponents

Alabama 6-2
Arkansas 0-8

Combined 6-10

So we need a 10-6 record to balance that out. There is only one combination that fits that.

LSU 8-0
Ole Miss 2-6

Combined 10-6

Total 16-16 (.500)

Time and day information please.

Didn't I see you do that last week?

VN Store

Back