Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is representative of what is wrong with America today. IT IS ALL POLITICS

"Protests are people gathering for the cause of social justice. College football games are people gathering for entertainment and enrichment of coaches and administrators. Ask me a harder question next time."

Yeah, Dan, because Covid knows the difference between the two and knows to lay off the protesters.

Is there a bigger idiot in sports media?

Wolken is a turd but he’s not wrong about this. If positive cases ravage a college campus it’s hard to justify a game for supposed amateur athletes.
Ravage is a pretty strong word for a virus that has a negligible effect on college aged kids. Also, he logic behind canceling the season assumes that these kids aren’t going to socialize when they go home, which is naive.

You aren’t looking at the big picture. You don’t even watch the Braves. I’ve got 3 years big picture. The guy has no clue how to manage a team. Go back and watch our series with the Cardinals in the p layoffs last year. Brian Snitker is the reason why the Braves did not win that series
I don't watch as much as you but I do watch with some frequency. I do think he made some bad decisions against the Cardinals. I don't recall the details like you do. I just know managers make bad decisions during the game.

Is he batting leadoff? There’s your answer. Things change...it’s baseball. And you’re really dug in that I glorified the choice. Never thought he was the long term answer, but they kicked the tires...it’s baseball. Ever forgive the Braves for trading Millwood?
I have not forgiven the Cubs for trading Lou Brock

Reactions: butchna
That is disgusting. The charges against him are horrific. If they get “dropped” cuz she’s not pressing charges because of pressure or whatever it will be, so disappointing. I know athletes get away with a lot and people behind closed doors makes power moves. Never should it be to the extent of what he did. @Atlanta VOL @DeerPark12 @MetalVolunteer

That is disgusting. The charges against him are horrific. If they get “dropped” cuz she’s not pressing charges because of pressure or whatever it will be, so disappointing. I know athletes get away with a lot and people behind closed doors makes power moves. Never should it be to the extent of what he did. @Atlanta VOL @DeerPark12 @MetalVolunteer
Pretty sure he was dismissed from the team. Don’t think you see the University getting re-involved with a player who did something like what Gooden did even if the charges are dropped.

If this happened in TN y’all would be flipping your sh##. Gaytas putting a fence around the state.

2021 Top Football Recruits in Florida
Consider how Mehlen is recruiting to FL. FL was supposed the be the best place for him because he could just pick players from around the state. Now consider those of us who were mocked because we said we did not want him as a coach because he would have trouble recruiting here. Because of his head coaching experience he probably would have had a better record his first two years than CJP, but I think CJP has done well in developing and teaching players. He has also done a phenomenal job recruiting. Mehlen would have been---------- then another coach. Pruitt is a steady rise back to the top.

Consider how Mehlen is recruiting to FL. FL was supposed the be the best place for him because he could just pick players from around the state. Now consider those of us who were mocked because we said we did not want him as a coach because he would have trouble recruiting here. Because of his head coaching experience he probably would have had a better record his first two years than CJP, but I think CJP has done well in developing and teaching players. He has also done a phenomenal job recruiting. Mehlen would have been---------- then another coach. Pruitt is a steady rise back to the top.
I hope you're right but so far CJP hasn't even gotten close to Mullen on the field. I agree though that his recruiting is better and I like his development, but you can't downplay Mullen's development of players at the same time.

I hope you're right but so far CJP hasn't even gotten close to Mullen on the field. I agree though that his recruiting is better and I like his development, but you can't downplay Mullen's development of players at the same time.
The point was Mullen would have developed players here, but he would have had the roster Butch left. Still could have won 3 to 4 more games so far. He would not have gotten HT, HB, WM, DW, QC, AS, CM, or half of the other players. So where would we be with him in 2 more years?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but these scholarship athletes aren't being forced to play and aren't going to lose their scholarship if they don't decide to play? I don't see the big deal.
Exactly, nobody is getting their arm bent to play a down or coach a game. And to be frank, being forced to do something or being forced not to do something is the same. Our country is built on the freedom to choose. No business should have to close, no school should have to shutdown and no kid should be forced to forego a season of college football.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back