Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we're going to have a legitimate conversation it would help to not assume the other person is stupid.

The point was he had options. There was no reason to run Chacin out there for 2 innings to watch him get killed. Oh, by the way, Chacin was DFA'd today if that tells you anything. Snit ran him out there with the bases loaded and 1 out in a key moment, watched him get killed, and then sent him out there again the next inning only to give up more runs and ultimately be released today. That's Brian Snitker.
Ok. He made the wrong call. Managers make mistakes with pitching all the time. The lineup he trotted out there put up 11 runs and won the game. I try to look at the big picture. For example, was he instrumental in bringing in Markakis? That was a move many Braves fans were critical of but it has worked out well.

Reactions: Kristy* and butchna
If we're going to have a legitimate conversation it would help to not assume the other person is stupid.

The point was he had options. There was no reason to run Chacin out there for 2 innings to watch him get killed. Oh, by the way, Chacin was DFA'd today if that tells you anything. Snit ran him out there with the bases loaded and 1 out in a key moment, watched him get killed, and then sent him out there again the next inning only to give up more runs and ultimately be released today. That's Brian Snitker.
Came back from down 6 runs to win...also Brian Snitker. I know I know...”spite”. 😎

Lol, went to the football forum and within 30 seconds I saw a guy who said he “did not want” McGhee because of his Rivals ranking. Completely ignoring his 247 ranking, offer list, and All American game invites. Can these guys just stick to Facebook?

That’s why I only post in this thread. The FF is the Vol Calls/Finebaum callers portion of our fanbase.

I’m only posting this because I just found out if someone blocks you on Twitter (looking at you Wolken) pasting the URL here unlocks the tweet. It’s like a cheat code. Thanks @frank!

Also... Wolken is a punching bag it appears. All sports media is like “Sweep the leg!!”

Agree and Wolken is a douchecanoe. That said, the kid that swept the leg got his a** handed to him, so let's hope not 🤣

videotogif_2020.07.25_23.42.44.gif

Pac-12 players threat to boycott season if demands aren’t met. The demands include, Equal rights, long term health insurance, safe play during the pandemic & fair compensation.

Here’s my thing & it’s just my opinion. If I have to wake up every morning and go to work to pay for my bills, these kids can go to school and play ball. If I had demands and threatened to walk out of my job, They’d gladly open the door on my way out. This doesn’t just go for student athletes either.

Edit: I do agree that equal rights for all students of color needs to be addressed. That is a big issue.

Pac-12 players threat to boycott season if demands aren’t met. The demands include, Equal rights, long term health insurance, safe play during the pandemic & fair compensation.

Here’s my thing & it’s just my opinion. If I have to wake up every morning and go to work to pay for my bills, these kids can go to school and play ball. If I had demands and threatened to walk out of my job, They’d gladly open the door on my way out. This doesn’t just go for student athletes either.

Edit: I do agree that equal rights for all students of color needs to be addressed. That is a big issue.
You get paid your market value to go to work and pay bills. These kids can't even find out what their market value is. I'm fine with kids getting paid, they just need to pay taxes on their scholarships and stipends like everyone else does

Equal rights?

Long term health insurance and the right to profit off of name and image are reasonable demands that can be met. I don’t know what they mean by equal rights though?

This is what the NCAA has always feared. Student athletes organizing into a union. It’s a good thing if they use it properly.

My 16 year old cousin visited last week she had been having a sore throat and then noticed a rash on her leg before jumping in to the pool yesterday which apparently could be a sign of covid. She is feeling really bad today. Her mother also just became very sick. They're getting tested soon

Hadn't heard about a rash being a symptom til today

I had a covid-19 exposure scare last week, regarding my cousin. Spent a lot of time with him on Wednesday and his co-worker at the fire department tested positive that he spent extensive time with on a shift that previous Monday. Got tested and came back negative. Never been so thrilled.

Ok. He made the wrong call. Managers make mistakes with pitching all the time. The lineup he trotted out there put up 11 runs and won the game. I try to look at the big picture. For example, was he instrumental in bringing in Markakis? That was a move many Braves fans were critical of but it has worked out well.
You aren’t looking at the big picture. You don’t even watch the Braves. I’ve got 3 years big picture. The guy has no clue how to manage a team. Go back and watch our series with the Cardinals in the playoffs last year. Brian Snitker is the reason why the Braves did not win that series

Came back from down 6 runs to win...also Brian Snitker. I know I know...”spite”. 😎
Yes. In spite of. Brian Snitker put them in the hole with his decision making. Thankfully the Braves are so talented they battled back and won. you know, like Josh Dobbs and intern jones

Reactions: Kristy*
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back