To Protect and to Serve II

St. Louis Prosecutor's Office Busted Altering Evidence; Reassembled Non-Operable McCloskey Pistol To Classify As Lethal

The pistol Patricia McCloskey waved at protesters who broke down a gate to trespass on their private street was a non-operable 'prop' used during a lawsuit they were involved in, so a member of Circuit Attorney Kim Gardner's staff ordered the crime lab to disassemble and reassemble the gun - allowing them to classify it as "capable of lethal use" in charging documents filed Monday, according to KSDK5.

In Missouri, police and prosecutors must prove that a weapon is “readily” capable of lethal use when it is used in the type of crime with which the McCloskeys have been charged.

Assistant Circuit Attorney Chris Hinckley ordered crime lab staff members to field strip the handgun and found it had been assembled incorrectly. Specifically, the firing pin spring was put in front of the firing pin, which was backward, and made the gun incapable of firing, according to documents obtained by 5 On Your Side.

Firearms experts then put the gun back together in the correct order and test-fired it, finding that it worked, according to the documents. -KSDK5
Yeah, that sounds illegal.

Reactions: Rickyvol77

Another call for the social workers to handle

I cringe at videos like this. Guys look like rookies, unsure of what to do. Get him in handcuffs the second he's making irrational and incoherent statements (and it's safe to do so) and get him help if he needs it.

If he needs to go to jail, take him, but allowing him to jump on top of your car while they sit back and watch sends the message to someone in that state of mind that they can get away with more. Restrict his movement, detain him, make the scene safe for EMS, and get him checked out ASAP.

I cringe at videos like this. Guys look like rookies, unsure of what to do. Get him in handcuffs the second he's making irrational and incoherent statements (and it's safe to do so) and get him help if he needs it.

If he needs to go to jail, take him, but allowing him to jump on top of your car while they sit back and watch sends the message to someone in that state of mind that they can get away with more. Restrict his movement, detain him, make the scene safe for EMS, and get him checked out ASAP.
I agree. This is what is really getting people hurt. Bad training or more likely Second guessing using force because of fear of “getting in trouble”

Amazing how they killed (I assume) someone for answering their door. Crap like this is why cops are under fire, it's not like he pulled a gun and raised it at them. I'm a conservative and don't condone violence against police, but crap like this has got to stop.
His only crime was being black

Amazing how they killed (I assume) someone for answering their door. Crap like this is why cops are under fire, it's not like he pulled a gun and raised it at them. I'm a conservative and don't condone violence against police, but crap like this has got to stop.
He never pointed the gun at them (from what I can see) and was in the processing of laying it on the floor. If my observations are correct,, then this is a result of poor training , lack of gun discipline and poor control of emotions. I wonder if the guy heard them say police? You definitely should say it more than once. I am sure that the policeman did not go to work that day intending to shoot anyone. Our society seems to be on a downward trajectory for respect of life and respect of just being a decent human being. Before anyone replys with a remark about the current President, this crap started way before he became President.

Reactions: Rickyvol77

All this over a petty azz noise complaint. Whoever called it probably enforces the mask mandate, also.

He never pointed the gun at them (from what I can see) and was in the processing of laying it on the floor. If my observations are correct,, then this is a result of poor training , lack of gun discipline and poor control of emotions. I wonder if the guy heard them say police? You definitely should say it more than once. I am sure that the policeman did not go to work that day intending to shoot anyone. Our society seems to be on a downward trajectory for respect of life and respect of just being a decent human being. Before anyone replys with a remark about the current President, this crap started way before he became President.
Decent human beings don't become cops.

VN Store

Back