Jordan Walker Welcome

Serious question... werenā€™t her averages better than the Rutgers freshman class production as a whole šŸ˜‚
Lets go there:

(R) Rutgers: Davenport, Maddox, Singleton (combined)
(T) Tennesee: Horston

Fg R-73/157 T-127/322
3PT R-10/34 T-27/90
FT R-20/34 T-32/54
PTS R-176 T-313
AVG R-7.3 T-10.1
REB R-158 T-170
ASST R-17 T-143
TO R-44 T-134
A-TO R-.38-1 T-1.1
BLKS R-24 T-30

Horston bettered all three in every stat but minutes played and turnovers, though her A/TO rating was much higher

Lets go there:

(R) Rutgers: Davenport, Maddox, Singleton (combined)
(T) Tennesee: Horston

Fg R-73/157 T-127/322
3PT R-10/34 T-27/90
FT R-20/34 T-32/54
PTS R-176 T-313
AVG R-7.3 T-10.1
REB R-158 T-170
ASST R-17 T-143
TO R-44 T-134
A-TO R-.38-1 T-1.1
BLKS R-24 T-30

Horston bettered all three in every stat but minutes played and turnovers, though her A/TO rating was much higher
1595981749913.jpeg

Reactions: krichunaka
Hey Hoosier, I took a little time to look into Horston's stats from last year. I broke it down into the first 16 games and the last 15 games. . . . She had similar stats, but clearly had worst stats in the second half of the season. Like I said, I'm looking forward to a solid improvement in all of these stats this coming season.
well, knock my knees, that surprises me --- thanks for doing the research --- I used to like to track down stuff like that, but the days pass too fast for me now to put in the time ;)

116743490_3496773787024041_7415435505833167607_n.jpg
She made it to Tennessee welcome!

Found this little nugget on one of the newest lady vols! She seems like ,if healthy, a really good get! This young lady was and continually seems to be highly motivated and well rounded. i could also see her being a confident member/leader of the team once she gets used to everyone. i loved the part of the clip where she was instructing her team. her handles seem pretty good and her shot looks like it could get better because the form is good.

One of the most impressive parts of the video is that she had power 5 interest, got injured, then committed to WMU and then got big interest again but she stayed committed to those that were committed to her.

Last edited:
Found this little nugget on one of the newest lady vols! She seems like ,if healthy, a really good get! This young lady was and continually seems to be highly motivated and well rounded. i could also see her being a confident member/leader of the team once she gets used to everyone. i loved the part of the clip where she was instructing her team. her handles seem pretty good and her shot looks like it could get better because the form is good.

One of the most impressive parts of the video is that she had power 5 interest, got injured, then committed to WMU and then got big interest again but she stayed committed to those that were committed to her.

Great video....Thanks.
Jordan will see a lot of playing time. Her outside shot is sublime...

Reactions: VA_VOLFAN
"Tennessee Walker"
Looks like a great addition

Agree. And, I love the name ...Tennessee Walker!

And, Iā€™m being redundant, but I donā€™t see her recruitment as that of a staff trying to find a ā€œbackup point guard.ā€ I would say the same thing about all of Kellieā€™s recruits, allowing, of course, that she might have continued with the four 2019 signings out of honor; but Coach Harper just doesnā€™t strike me as that type of recruiter, or coach ...Jaiden McCoy being another example of a player most had pegged for backup duty. But, before her injuries/illness, she had literally won a starting position.
Nope, I just cannot see Miss Walker or her parents entertaining the prospects of their daughter signing on to play backup. It just doesnā€™t align with what weā€™ve witnessed to date, added to the fact that some basketball heavyweights - BAYLOR, for crying out loud - were in the hunt.
From the video, and of course, based somewhat on the glowing testimony of those who know her, know her family - not to mention her picture-perfect shooting form - I can easily see Jordan Walker playing a lot of minutes, and the starting position (at the one, or two) isnā€™t (in my old mind) out of the question. This Lady Vol defines QUALITY!
Hopefully weā€™ll find out soon enough.
Just to add: This (my goofy opinions) have no bearing on our other beloved Jordan - Miss Horston. She is immensely gifted, and will have her minutes, one-through-four. We have SEVERAL interchangeable players - the primary strength of our team! And, Jordan Horston is a beast!

Last edited:
Agree. And, I love the name ...Tennessee Walker!

And, Iā€™m being redundant, but I donā€™t see her recruitment as that of a staff trying to find a ā€œbackup point guard.ā€ I would say the same thing about all of Kellieā€™s recruits, alllowing, of course, that she might have continued with the four 2019 signings out of honor; but Coach Harper just doesnā€™t strike me as that type of recruiter, or coach ...Jaiden McCoy being another example of a player most had pegged for backup duty. But, before her injuries/illness, she had literally won a starting position.
Nope, I just cannot see Miss Walker or her parents entertaining the prospects of their daughter signing on to play backup. It just doesnā€™t align with what weā€™ve witnessed to date, added to the fact that some basketball heavyweights - BAYLOR, for crying out loud - were in the hunt.
From the video, and of course, based somewhat on the glowing testimony of those who know her, know her family - not to mention her picture-perfect shooting form - I can easily see Jordan Walker playing a lot of minutes, and the starting position (at the one, or two) isnā€™t (in my old mind) out of the question. This Lady Vol defines QUALITY!
Hopefully weā€™ll find out soon enough.
Just to add: This (my goofy opinions) have no bearing on our other beloved Jordan - Miss Horston. She is immensely gifted, and will have her minutes, one-through-four. We have SEVERAL interchangeable players - the primary strength of our team! And, Jordan Horston is a beast!

From the gitgo I saw Jordan as a 1/3,,,meaning I see her as a true point-forward, but not in the traditional way.

Traditionally point-forwards station at the elbow and the ball is fed to them to run sets from the elbow...Jordan has proven she can run the point AND she can create off the dribble, shoot the three and her dishing and ball-handling are better than Rennia's is. ....In my vision for this team I see Jordan taking Rennia's role later on as a very strong possibility. Especially with the addition of Miles, Wynn and Salary, each of which can handle the ball like PG's.

VN Store

Back