Third Generation of Mannings

They are going to treat this like a business decision. Peyton coming to UT was because it was a far better call than Ole Miss at the time due to coaches. They will guide him to the best COACHING available and a team with a chance to drive draft stock up there. I'd not count anyone out other than maybe bama.... even then who knows what the relationship with Saban and the family is.

Bottom line this won't be a personal decision for his family but will be for him.
Agreed.

If hes as good as it appears he will have plenty of quality options. Comes down to fit at that point. Athletically and yes academically. That doesnt need to fit his entire extended family.

Reactions: GoVols64
Too many ifs, ands, buts. Will Chaney rise in value? Will H. Bailey get a shot this year and shock the world? Even if so would the Manning name be enough to come in and take the spot from a flaming hot Bailey? Too much to consider. Still hope he makes his home on Rocky Top regardless of how the cards fall.

Reactions: VFFL@THE BEACH
I'm not sure what you re waiting to see.

If you re expecting his uncles and grandad to open up a public family feud over their school of choice for him you re going to be disappointed. Theres nothing in their history that says that's what's going to happen.

If he picks Ole Miss that doesnt mean Archie or Eli won out.
If he picks UT (given Peyton wasnt forced to go to Ole Miss by Archie) it doesnt mean Peyton won out.

Not too mention Cut hasn’t put out a decent NFL QB not named Manning in his career. He’s kind of overrated as a QB whisperer.

Don't be surprised if Duke isn't in the mix as long as Cut is there.

Cut is a great coordinator but he is no where close to being a great coach. Cut can’t recruit at a level that puts Duke in the mix. He had one good year in 2013. If Duke careD about football they would have already fired him. But Duke only cares about basketball and Cut makes it to a bowl game every now and then so they keep him around.

If you re expecting his uncles and grandad to open up a public family feud over their school of choice for him you re going to be disappointed. Theres nothing in their history that says that's what's going to happen.

If he picks UT (given Peyton wasnt forced to go to Ole Miss by Archie) it doesnt mean Peyton won out.
No one is opening up a family feud lol. You can have opposing opinions and not be at each other throats about it lol. Well maybe not in your family some have progressed over the years and well some haven't...

There are some well-reasoned arguments in this thread. But I do have a question ... this kid's family -- are they Catholic by any chance? Even Peyton considered Notre Dame.

It won’t be public, but other than having Cut in common, you know those guys are on his case about going to either Ole Miss or UT.

Peyton shows up to pick him up from practice in an Orange Corvette, Eli shows up in a red Lamborghini, Cooper is in a blue Cadillac and then Pop Pop comes rolling in driving a Jaguar.

The real question who is their, “just not” team?

No one is opening up a family feud lol. You can have opposing opinions and not be at each other throats about it lol. Well maybe not in your family some have progressed over the years and well some haven't...
It was a joke in part.
In which case there's really nothing to see, or wait for other than were he picks. As I stated before if he goes to Ole Miss its not because Archie and or Eli had the better "pitch". And if he goes to UT its not because uncle Peyton sold better. Im sure the kid is pretty bright and knows his family history well enough.

He is SEC quarterback royalty.
I think he stays in conference.
The Mannings made their fame beating Alabama , so they are out.
Kirby can't do quarterbacks, Georgia is out.
They know what the Fla coach is. Can't see it.
Auburn's offense only wins with a dual threat QB
Grandpa cannot be happy with the Kiffy hire at Ole Miss.
LSU would be my guess.
If Tennessee can recruit and maintain an offensive line and receiver corps that have NFL level potential, we may have a shot.
Out of conference, Oklahoma and Clemson are the best choices for quarterback stardom.
I'm with you, I think LSU has the inside track.

If you think it's going to be left strictly to that youngster to decide where he plays you're kidding yourself. One needs to go back just a little in time and see how much influence Archie had on which pro teams Peyton and Eli would actually sign a contract with and play. after college Archie had franchises had they drafted and elected to keep either Peyton or Eli in their day, they would have sat out a year. It's a matter of public record.

They are going to treat this like a business decision. Peyton coming to UT was because it was a far better call than Ole Miss at the time due to coaches. They will guide him to the best COACHING available and a team with a chance to drive draft stock up there. I'd not count anyone out other than maybe bama.... even then who knows what the relationship with Saban and the family is.

Bottom line this won't be a personal decision for his family but will be for him.

Peyton originally intended on going to Ole Miss, regardless of coaches. It was the fact that Ole Miss went on probation that he came here to Tennessee. That was the largest factor in his decision.

Arch will definitely not be attending Tennessee. He will almost certainly be attending Ole Miss barring any substantial reason not to (probation). Which isn't out of the realm of possibility considering that Lane is their coach and that they were recently on probation.

I completely agree with this post. Was gonna say same thing but you articulated it better than i could of.

It was a joke in part.
In which case there's really nothing to see, or wait for other than were he picks. As I stated before if he goes to Ole Miss its not because Archie and or Eli had the better "pitch". And if he goes to UT its not because uncle Peyton sold better. Im sure the kid is pretty bright and knows his family history well enough.
If you don't think family and friends can help swing an opinion on this then there is no help for you.

If you don't think family and friends can help swing an opinion on this then there is no help for you.
Do you think if Archie had it to do all over again he would have swayed Peyton to Ole Miss instead of UT after he was ridiculed by many in Mississippi for letting him leave? Hes probably still catching crap for that today. No. He wouldnt give it a second thought. And honestly, Eli doesnt go there either if they dont hire Cut.

Will they give him guidance and advice? Absolutely. Will that be grounded in go to this school because that's where I went? No. Ole Miss has a totally different staff and program than when Eli was there much less Archie. UT outside Fulmer being the AD is much the same way. The only one still in the game with connections to the brothers is Cut and it wouldnt surprise me if he retires sooner rather than later.
His uncles and grandad want the best fit for him. They understand the importance as well as anybody. That may not be Ole Miss or UT regardless of their personal feelings for their school.

Do you think if Archie had it to do all over again he would have swayed Peyton to Ole Miss instead of UT after he was ridiculed by many in Mississippi for letting him leave? Hes probably still catching crap for that today. No. He wouldnt give it a second thought. And honestly, Eli doesnt go there either if they dont hire Cut.

Will they give him guidance and advice? Absolutely. Will that be grounded in go to this school because that's where I went? No. Ole Miss has a totally different staff and program than when Eli was there much less Archie. UT outside Fulmer being the AD is much the same way. The only one still in the game with connections to the brothers is Cut and it wouldnt surprise me if he retires sooner rather than later.
His uncles and grandad want the best fit for him. They understand the importance as well as anybody. That may not be Ole Miss or UT regardless of their personal feelings for their school.
So there is no help for you got it.

So there is no help for you got it.

I'm just factoring in the well publicized history of this particular family and how they have handled decisions like this in the past.

I did find it convenient that you didnt answer the question I posed. It's an inconvenient answer tho.

If i had to guess the leaders for this one are probably Ole Miss, LSU, Duke, or us? Cut at duke seems like a logical spot due to family ties but who knows. He might go somewhere completely unexpected lol.

This is what I said in the RF a month ago and I stand by this:

“He’s not gonna go to Duke. I know there are ties with Cut, but just hearing what historically really motivates the Manning family in some of those SECN TV programs, I think it would be nearly impossible for him to end up in Durham. The way the Manning family romanticizes their entire SEC college experiences at both Ole Miss and Tennessee would be incredibly difficult to overcome. The Duke college football gameday experience is unfortunately really bad, even with everything that Cut and his staff have done to make it relevant. In another thread I compared choosing to go to Duke for football over a big time SEC school would be like choosing to play A Ball in the Minor Leagues for 4 years instead of playing Game 7 in Yankee Stadium or Fenway for 4 years.
Obviously, I don’t know his motivations, but I have a hard time believing that playing in front 10,000 fans and maybe getting to a bowl game each year is the way he wants to spend his college football career.”

Reactions: TrumpedUpVol
It won’t be public, but other than having Cut in common, you know those guys are on his case about going to either Ole Miss or UT.

Peyton shows up to pick him up from practice in an Orange Corvette, Eli shows up in a red Lamborghini, Cooper is in a blue Cadillac and then Pop Pop comes rolling in driving a Jaguar.

The real question who is their, “just not” team?

BAMA is their just not team.

Reactions: tnutater

VN Store

Back