Third Generation of Mannings

He looks and talks just enough like Peyton and Eli that those golden locks of hair peeking out under his cap look fake, like a wig. The thought that keeps popping into my head is, "oh, this is what Peyton would have looked like as a girl."

Heh. Peyton would not be a pretty girl. Unlike Tom Brady.

Okay, enough weird thoughts. Back to football.

I'd be really surprised if Arch came to Knoxville. I think more likely are (a) LSU, (b) Ole Miss, or (c) Any Other School (to establish his independence just as Peyton did from Archie).

It solely depends on which Manning he listens too. His dad or his uncle's or his grandfather. It all depends who has the better pitch.

He is SEC quarterback royalty.
I think he stays in conference.
The Mannings made their fame beating Alabama , so they are out.
Kirby can't do quarterbacks, Georgia is out.
They know what the Fla coach is. Can't see it.
Auburn's offense only wins with a dual threat QB
Grandpa cannot be happy with the Kiffy hire at Ole Miss.
LSU would be my guess.
If Tennessee can recruit and maintain an offensive line and receiver corps that have NFL level potential, we may have a shot.
Out of conference, Oklahoma and Clemson are the best choices for quarterback stardom.

He'll go where the offense, OC, and QB coach has the respect of the family in the SEC. It won't be Bama, UGA is RB centric, in conference, it's LSU or UT, Ole Miss a consideration. Outside I agree with others it's OU, Clemson, and never rule out the love of the Mannings for Cutcliffe at Duke if he's still there.

Reactions: 08Vol
It solely depends on which Manning he listens too. His dad or his uncle's or his grandfather. It all depends who has the better pitch.
Very unlikely that either Peyton, Eli, or Archie will be pushing him anywhere. I'm sure there may be some fun back and forth and maybe even some sincere advice given. But I'd say the end result will come down to what he wants to do with his dad being more involved than the others.

Last edited:
I wonder what SEC school he will play for? As long as it is not FL or BAMA, I don't think I could bear to see a Manning at either of those schools.

I don't think either of these schools are likely. However Mullens has had good results with QBs. ( to my way of thinking) However there is also the guy at Duke that has had some success with Mannings.

Very unlikely that either Peyton, Eli, or Archie will be pushing him anywhere. I'm sure there may be some fun back and forth and maybe even some sincere advice given. But I'd say the end result will come down to what he wants to do with his dad being more involved than the others.

Don't forget his Granddaddy, I always put great stock in what he told me. My dad and his brother were always good for advice. I, like all sons had to try to do what my dad said do, along with my uncle (was around him a lot). But I "heard" what my granddad said the loudest.

Reactions: malinoisvol
Don't forget his Granddaddy, I always put great stock in what he told me. My dad and his brother were always good for advice. I, like all sons had to try to do what my dad said do, along with my uncle (was around him a lot). But I "heard" what my granddad said the loudest.
Hes got plenty of good people with great experiences around him. It will come down to what is the best fit for him more than likely. Which is the way it should be.

We will have to wait and see

I think its LSU or UT. By the time he's in college Cut will likely be retired but Duke is a darkhorse if Cut is still there.

We will have to wait and see

I'm not sure what you re waiting to see.

If you re expecting his uncles and grandad to open up a public family feud over their school of choice for him you re going to be disappointed. Theres nothing in their history that says that's what's going to happen.

If he picks Ole Miss that doesnt mean Archie or Eli won out.
If he picks UT (given Peyton wasnt forced to go to Ole Miss by Archie) it doesnt mean Peyton won out.

Reactions: 08Vol

They are going to treat this like a business decision. Peyton coming to UT was because it was a far better call than Ole Miss at the time due to coaches. They will guide him to the best COACHING available and a team with a chance to drive draft stock up there. I'd not count anyone out other than maybe bama.... even then who knows what the relationship with Saban and the family is.

Bottom line this won't be a personal decision for his family but will be for him.

VN Store

Back