Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Should be simple. Students who want to play, let them play. They don’t, let them sit out. Coaches who want to coach, let them coach. They’re scared, let them sit out. Fans want to attend. Let them attend. They’re scared, let them stay home. That’s life. It involves risk. Stop making decisions for me.

Should be simple. Students who want to play, let them play. They don’t, let them sit out. Coaches who want to coach, let them coach. They’re scared, let them sit out. Fans want to attend. Let them attend. They’re scared, let them stay home. That’s life. It involves risk. Stop making decisions for me.
I agree with this.

They were better last season than the one he played.
Was it just me or was Gooden just as, if not more, impactful than any of the starters?

Granted, he would come in with fresh legs halfway through a game. It just seemed like he always made his presence known, minute-for-minute, more than Kahlil, Kyle, etc.

Anyway he gone now...looking forward to Emerson, "The Dog" Simmons, etc.

Reactions: captainfalcon777

This. I refuse to give up essential liberty for the promise of safety. Life is hazardous to your health. No one gets out alive.

Was it just me or was Gooden just as, if not more, impactful than any of the starters?

Granted, he would come in with fresh legs halfway through a game. It just seemed like he always made his presence known, minute-for-minute, more than Kahlil, Kyle, etc.

Anyway he gone now...looking forward to Emerson, "The Dog" Simmons, etc.
He didn’t play with Khalil. He was up and down in that one season but good things were expected last year before the injury. He most likely would have played well and improved...so will Emerson and the other DL. What you haven’t had for over a year can’t hurt you.

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
qrQO1wpZLA2PK.gif

I was really hoping Brown or Lowe would step up. They both came to campus 250+ should be able to block someone and possibly catch a couple one would think.

Hubbs today on the podcast said he wouldn’t give up on Brown but said Lowe “turning into a quality SEC starter” seemed like an “uphill battle.”

I wonder what the story is there.

On principle, it sounds good and logically consistent. Pragmatically, we are talking a few dozen football players, that we know will be tested immediately, and quarantined if positive. Compared to ~102,000 in Neyland, with the possibility of a larger outbreak and spread. The magnitude of difference is too much to ignore.

The personal responsibility argument ends when it affects others and society. Personal choices have consequences in this case for others and that is a basic moral factor that should be considered.

On principle, it sounds good and logically consistent. Pragmatically, we are talking a few dozen football players, that we know will be tested immediately, and quarantined if positive. Compared to ~102,000 in Neyland, with the possibility of a larger outbreak and spread. The magnitude of difference is too much to ignore.

The personal responsibility argument ends when it affects others and society. Personal choices have consequences in this case for others and that is a basic moral factor that should be considered.
Others can hide in their homes. I’m free to live my life. Quit trying to protect me. I don’t need your protection

Why can nothing be simple with you? A one to two sentence response typically suffices. Are you just trying to show off your big brain or something?

Was really counting on Gooden to be that extra spark/leader or upgrade on the D line this year that would help depth and the less experienced kids... I have absolutely no patience or empathy for people with that much going for them to just selfishly F it up. Guy had to sit out last season due to injury and this was his shot... glad Pruitt flat threw him off the team. Sorry, but wasting the opportunity is almost as bad as the action.

Good news is we have some hungry kids ready to step up. Elijah is gonna eat.

Hubbs today on the podcast said he wouldn’t give up on Brown but said Lowe “turning into a quality SEC starter” seemed like an “uphill battle.”

I wonder what the story is there.
Lol I mean...is he talking within the next 6 weeks before the season begins or ever?

He is a freakin redshirt freshman, so if it is the latter, Hubbs should take a lap.

No, but you may need a hospital bed that isn't available.
There are plenty of hospital beds available. Stop with the scare tactics. We’ve never come close to overwhelming the hospitals. But people have died because hospitals have been shut down for surgeries that are needed.

Lol I mean...is he talking within the next 6 weeks before the season begins or ever?

He is a freakin redshirt freshman, so if it is the latter, Hubbs should take a lap.

To be fair to Hubbs, it wasn't him who said it on today's podcast as he wasn't on it. It was just Austin Price and Rob Lewis. But to you point, give the kid some time.

Reactions: Devo182
There are plenty of hospital beds available. Stop with the scare tactics. We’ve never come close to overwhelming the hospitals. But people have died because hospitals have been shut down for surgeries that are needed.

COVID hospitalizations in Tennessee have increased by 250% in the last month. We aren't out of beds yet, but the trend isn't good. Putting 100k people in a stadium in the fall may not be wise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back