Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Emerson will emerge as a draft pick by the time his tenure is over. Still. losing Gooden hurts. Two things can be true simultaneously.
I don’t think it does...not with the current depth. He would’ve been a bonus at best and coming back from that knee injury was apt to limit that bonus. If he had contributed last season, I could see the hurt factor...but he didn’t.

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
I had a nightmare last night. First play of the first game JG threw into a crowd of players with both sides in black and white uniforms with very little different. The announcers said we had it. Then a player started running the other way and almost ran it all the way in because at first everyone was just standing around in shock. All I could think was not again. Everyone kept looking at each like the GSU game waiting on someone else to do something. It...was...a...nightmare.

My reasoning has absolutely nothing to do with test anxiety (I suffered from it) and everything to do with the actual test. In every standardized test a student needs almost zero knowledge of whatever subject they're taking. What they do need is to know how to take the test. That's what education is today. It's not teaching a subject anymore. It's all education students on how to take a standardized test. It makes perfect sense because a teacher's job depends on that one test. So, instead of teaching a student all they know about a subject teachers educate their students bin how to take a test. Better test results = keeping their jobs. It also doesn't help that administration pushes test scores in every single meeting for 75% of the meeting. Take standardized testing away and I think students will be much less stressed and will be able to gain more knowledge of the subject they are taking. I'm also all for specializing students in high school. Aka letting them choose their profession early an focus on it.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
He's right, you know.

I don’t think it does...not with the current depth. He would’ve been a bonus at best and coming back from that knee injury was apt to limit that bonus. If he had contributed last season, I could see the hurt factor...but he didn’t.

I'm more worried about just having the bodies for an entire season. He was a big body we will end up needing, imo.

Reactions: OrangenSC
Emerson will emerge as a draft pick by the time his tenure is over. Still. losing Gooden hurts. Two things can be true simultaneously.

It always hurts to lose a DL for sure. The elite teams rotate 10 guys. Most important unit on the team as far as depth is concerned. You can never have too many big uglies on the defensive line.

Reactions: OrangenSC
Hmm, there is obviously something getting swept under the rug that we don’t know about. Was just stating I hope this wasn’t it cuz it’s disgusting. Banks is totally different, don’t even see why that’s brought into this convo? Reaching.

Banks spewed a lot of really dumb ish but his 'crime' (that is to say what got him kicked off the team) was mainly showing himself to be incredibly stupid on camera and getting underneath those officers' skin with all the ish he was spouting. Gooden ia alleged to have committed what most consider to be a legitimately serious crime by physically harming another person. The two shouldn't be compared at all.

That much should be clear cut. Not even a question really. If anything, taking away scholarships would just be terrible PR and other schools would negacruit you. Taking scholarships from players (such as Trey) that have legitimate fear for their ability to live through the virus would just be insanely stupid. Jmo

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back