Multiple Players Test Positive

I see your point, but we have to consider the risk of one CFB player dying as a result of covid. If a player dies, I imagine the NCAA would be sued along with the universities to hell and back.

How much risk assessment is done annually for players being paralyzed or experiencing significant head trauma due to playing football? And what's the potential liability for such injuries? If it's about risk management, then let's apply a broad-based risk management approach to all sports and then cancel all of them because there is risk in every sport that is played. For that matter, let's just give up on life in general because there is risk just getting out of bed in the morning and walking outside the house. I've said it over and over - the story here is incomplete - people are "testing positive" but no one is talking about what the positive test looks like - are they even sick? Most likely not. Tiger Woods said this about playing on tour this week - "I know the risk and I'm willing to accept the risk." Can't we all take a similar approach to life and get on with it?

Reactions: rockytop989
I don't disagree because there is no shortage of scumbag lawyers out there BUT playing football in any conditions is voluntary.

Made me think, maybe they need to do what pro Baseball did, this year is voluntary and a player can opt out this year, but still get percentage of original contract. Not sure, but they may have been required to sign non liability contract if decided to played. I have not followed it that close, but I'm sure MLB covered their liability.

You would think this would open people’s eyes a little to see the true narrative.

You would think?? But it doesn't fit the Narrative or agenda. " An investigation into state-issued daily COVID-19 testing shows errors in Florida's positivity rates." Some Labs were reporting 100% Positives; when the actual positives were 6%! This was happening in 24 labs in Florida! TWENTY FOUR Labs; they were Not even counting the negative results.

Also, I don’t think the administration takes these steps not to get sued. I’m in the small minority of folks that believe they actually give a damn about the students, be they athletes or otherwise.

You must not have attended UT or not familiar with this:

375734A1-5050-4789-8D48-6CDD1A62822F.jpeg

The administration only cares about statistics and money . . . students, not so much. Thus the Big Orange Screw!! LOL

GBO

The vast majority of people are either going to get it or become exposed to it at some point if they haven't already. Playing sports or not playing sports will not have an impact on It, unless you go full blown lockdown where no one goes anywhere and everyone quarantines. Which we all know isn't happening.

At the absolute worst there should be a full season of games, in conference and out, with no fans in the stands.
Not going to happen. Dream about it all you like, the liability issue alone will cancel the season , fans in the stands or not. Think of the lawsuits if some personnel attached to the program or university die from COVID.

It just occurred to me......I wonder if Trey is considered high risk with the blood clots? Wonder what his thoughts on playing the season are? With his character and principals, I could venture a guess.

I would not be anywhere but home, if it was me. I'm not a doctor, but I think his risk factor would be through the roof.

Peru is actually pretty nice. Beautiful scenery. The people and culture there are great as well, one of the more friendly South American cultures for sure.

Since retiring I split time in TN and Florida, have been seriously thinking of trying to get further away from the political upheaval and covid.
Have thought of Costa Rica and Columbia, but not even sure can get in those countries right now.
I have family member that lives in south Georgia and is part owner in a hunting reserve and resort in Argentina, he plans to retire there full time he likes it so much.
Maybe it is just my escape mentality, but probably no where to escape right now.

So can the flu and common cold. Never known that to cancel a season.

I will make an educated guess and say that D1 athletes are strongly encouraged to get the flu shot. The flu shot is all about being accessible and the person's willingness to take time to get it. I just read a study where the Iowa football team had low rates of getting the flu shot, the administration of the shot was moved from across campus to the training facility, and the spray was added as a way to administer it. The rate of vaccinations went up from 12% to 83% in 2 years.

The flu shot is 40-60% effective, and much of the remaining % mitigates the outcome. States are only required to report pediatric flu deaths, and 80% are from unvaccinated children. They do not have to report adult flu deaths, which means we don't know how many were unvaccinated. But even if you guess that 50% are unvaccinated (I would guess likely more), that's why the flu numbers are a bit skewed.

People have the individual choice to get a vaccine, but the point is that there is a tool available to prevent most deaths, and those numbers simply aren't reported to determine how many.

I don't think it has much to do with Trump if we stay open or closed. It's pretty much the call of individual governors. The same people that will decide if there's any sports or not
Trump will not directly impact College footballl, but there is extreme pressure on the Administration reversing strategy again. The same pressure is on governors.

Not going to happen. Dream about it all you like, the liability issue alone will cancel the season , fans in the stands or not. Think of the lawsuits if some personnel attached to the program or university die from COVID.

It (the season in some shape or form) very well could happen. You're way over emphasizing "lawsuits." Did you know where you contracted your last case of the stomach bug? Cold? Flu?

I see what your saying but you can’t say they aren’t picking and choosing who does what. The NC governor just yesterday said:

We recognize and sympathize with any teachers that get Covid but if the kids get it and spread it that’s ok...

My kid with an already weakened immune system is ok to get it but let’s bend over backwards for the teachers.

I’m fully aware that some folks have got it but it’s been all about politics for far to long.

It's only been about politics because the President of the United States says we are doing great with our response and every other health care professional that knows anything about this is saying he is wrong. It is not political, its pretty simple wear a dang mask and social distance for a month or so and we can have football! It's not rocket science nor does it have to be political.

It (the season in some shape or form) very well could happen. You're way over emphasizing "lawsuits." Did you know where you contracted your last case of the stomach bug? Cold? Flu?
I can assure that University powers are extremely worried about lawsuits related to COVID. If a person dies and during an outbreak within a team’s staff or players it is not going to be too hard to determine or win a judgement that it was their role within the program that they came down with COVID.

I won't make a statement as to whether or not the season will happen. But as an attorney, knowing where something occurred doesn't stop people from filing lawsuits. In the American system, you pay your own legal fees to defend them, and that can add up if multiple suits are filed. There are also certain situations where I think a person might be able to prove it as well. The civil burden is by a preponderance of the evidence, which is more than 50% probability. Liability is certainly a factor that goes into the overall cost-benefit analysis, but losing all of the money is another factor as well. There will be health officials, attorneys, businessman, and school officials who will all provide input into the ultimate decision.

Reactions: ABINGDON VOL FAN

Let me explain it to you like this. If you have a rash of diseases that can be traced to one place then yes, there is liability. So if you are telling me that a restaurant serves food that makes you sick or a corporate food giant is found to have salmonella in its factory and people get sick from it you can be liable, because it can be traced there, then you are 100% wrong. Res Ipsa Loquitur which is a Latin legal term that means, "the thing speaks for itself." Have an outbreak on the football team, and someone loses their life or health to play professional football then you better believe the UTAD and the University as a whole is liable.

It's only been about politics because the President of the United States says we are doing great with our response and every other health care professional that knows anything about this is saying he is wrong. It is not political, its pretty simple wear a dang mask and social distance for a month or so and we can have football! It's not rocket science nor does it have to be political.

Ok buddy whatever you say..

Oh look...death rate is still continuing to drop. States are reporting false numbers. CDC and Fauci keep going back and forth. All fake news. Time to move on folks. You don’t see Europe freaking out any more. They are smarter than I previously thought.
Well most of Europe handled it a lot better than us...Florida alone has more cases and deaths than most countries in Europe and elsewhere.

VN Store

Back