Multiple Players Test Positive

Oh look...death rate is still continuing to drop. States are reporting false numbers. CDC and Fauci keep going back and forth. All fake news. Time to move on folks. You don’t see Europe freaking out any more. They are smarter than I previously thought.

Oh no, the sky is falling... What do we do?? The players and students will get the virus, most wont know they ever had it, but we will all be told to stay in our homes until a vaccine that less than half the US population will get is present..
Agreed, but my point is as this continues to spread within football programs, the less likely it is that we will have a season.

Agreed, but my point is as this continues to spread within football programs, the less likely it is that we will have a season.

I disagree. We all knew the spread was coming. We all knew positive cases were coming within our program. All know the risk. Why panic when we knew this would happen? The precautions are to slow the spread and keep from overwhelming the system, right?

No need to duck and cover.

I disagree. We all knew the spread was coming. We all knew positive cases were coming within our program. All know the risk. Why panic when we knew this would happen? The precautions are to slow the spread and keep from overwhelming the system, right?

I see your point, but we have to consider the risk of one CFB player dying as a result of covid. If a player dies, I imagine the NCAA would be sued along with the universities to hell and back.

I see your point, but we have to consider the risk of one CFB player dying as a result of covid. If a player dies, I imagine the NCAA would be sued along with the universities to hell and back.
Do universities get sued when a player is killed in an accident traveling to or from sports related accidents? What about when one has a heat related death from practice? Both of which are more likely to happen than your scenario.

Oh look...death rate is still continuing to drop. States are reporting false numbers. CDC and Fauci keep going back and forth. All fake news. Time to move on folks. You don’t see Europe freaking out any more. They are smarter than I previously thought.
well Europe has banned Americans. Wonder why?

Well obviously its spread to just about everywhere already and there's likely nothing we can do to stop it.
Agreed. As terrible as it is for people to fall ill, the silver lining might be that they catch it now while they can recover in plenty of time for the season and without having to be compromised to the flu at the same time.

Reactions: Kdbnab1 and Remy
Do universities get sued when a player is killed in an accident traveling to or from sports related accidents? What about when one has a heat related death from practice? Both of which are more likely to happen than your scenario.

I’m not sure if Maryland was sued for the player’s death and/or if they settled, but it’s easy to side with the family as they could argue he was exposed to unsafe conditions. We could say covid is an unsafe condition since we don’t have a vaccine for it. I want football as much as anyone, but I don’t think universities will want to accept the risk of litigation.

But then again, some universities are allowing students on campus. So who knows what they’ll do...

Reactions: dduncan4163

Agree with this also, but my kids school district in Atlanta just chose to go virtual to start the year and my worry is that this will become the prevailing philosophy of how to approach school at the university in the Fall as we see more and more players testing positive.

My personal beliefs are that we need to just get back to life and mitigate where possible, but I also am fully aware that the types that operate and make decisions for colleges and universities are typically in the belief that we should still be cowering in the corner covered in hazmat suits. That’s why I’m worried about the optics of what is inevitable because it gives the administrators an out.

It is probable that at least one college student will die of COVID contracted on campus. Any legal department should have been preparing to defend a suit and checking insurance coverage in March or April.

I think that’s part of why they’re pushing precautions across all UT platforms. I agree that football is under the microscope.

The question for any jury hearing an ultimate suit would be whether UT behaved reasonably in light of the available information. Given the information currently available, I haven’t seen anything to suggest UT hasn’t behaved reasonably.

Even with long odds of a fatality in this demographic, UT takes every precaution. They test regularly, force kids with COVID to sit, force none of them to play, provide the best available preventative and palliative care to athletes and all students. If a kid still dies of COVID, I think a negligence case would be AWFULLY hard to prove to a Davidson or Knox county jury pool.

Also, I don’t think the administration takes these steps not to get sued. I’m in the small minority of folks that believe they actually give a damn about the students, be they athletes or otherwise.

Public health, economics, and education hang in the balance. Its a hard balance to strike, but strike it they must.

Agree with this also, but my kids school district in Atlanta just chose to go virtual to start the year and my worry is that this will become the prevailing philosophy of how to approach school at the university in the Fall as we see more and more players testing positive.

My personal beliefs are that we need to just get back to life and mitigate where possible, but I also am fully aware that the types that operate and make decisions for colleges and universities are typically in the belief that we should still be cowering in the corner covered in hazmat suits. That’s why I’m worried about the optics of what is inevitable because it gives the administrators an out.

FWIW, I just signed my kids up for virtual in Forsyth. Not because I’m afraid of them getting coronavirus, but because I don’t trust the county to provide consistency in face to face education this fall. Of course, I have the luxury of working part time from home.

Last edited:
do not quarantine those showing positive results. Put them all in the sauna with team mates and expose every player on the squad until all test positive. After they all test positive, and two weeks pass, then we go on with the season. Why am I the only one who sees that. It ain't no big deal. Get it and get over it and get on with your lives.

There ain't nothing to having this virus people!

GET OVER IT!

It just occurred to me......I wonder if Trey is considered high risk with the blood clots? Wonder what his thoughts on playing the season are? With his character and principals, I could venture a guess.

Last edited:
After they all test positive, and two weeks pass, then we go on with the season. Why am I the only one who sees that. It ain't no big deal. Get it and get over it and get on with your lives.

GET OVER IT!

Took me a minute, but I decided that was the funniest part of this post.

do not quarantine those showing positive results. Put them all in the sauna with team mates and expose every player on the squad until all test positive. After they all test positive, and two weeks pass, then we go on with the season. Why am I the only one who sees that. It ain't no big deal. Get it and get over it and get on with your lives.

GET OVER IT!
You’re not the only one dude. The way this country has reacted is beyond laughable. Everyone is acting like it’s the bubonic plague.

You’re not the only one dude. The way this country has reacted is beyond laughable. Everyone is acting like it’s the bubonic plague.
No, not everyone. We have some that act like it's absolutely nothing and we have a bunch that are somewhere in-between.

Goodness gracious. It ain't that hard

VN Store

Back