Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
In that case, my Grandad (Pop) was too old for WW2. But between growing up eating squirrel meat on a Rural Hall farm, raising three kids after going through damn.... and retiring from Grayhound ... he developed quite a system. Talk about a tight wad. He would die a millionaire - no one had a clue.

To this day, I love the idea of taking things that would otherwise be thrown out as garbage - and reusing them.

Talk about personality. I guess people back then used to enterain each other ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ . He grew everything he ate, fav sammich was Slice of Tomato, Lettuce, & Mayo on White Bread - with pepper!

Pop had a Magnolia tree in his front yard, that Mom played under as a little girl. Years later he would take a cutting from that tree and plant it in my Mom's yard. The acidity of leaves kills anything under it, perfect place for a fort.

When my oldest was born, rented a chain saw and took out a 30 year old Juniper bush & root system. First purchase was a Magnolia tree.

I always tell my girls that story. It's perfect place to build a fort or place to hide.
My grandad was in WW2. Ate rats in the trenches, had trench rot in his leg for Years after he got back. Purple heart. He was drafted. My dad was drafted to Vietnam, as soon as he got there they were mortared, his foot got stuck in his best friends chest . Yeah it has been worse. But could get the same again with the right moves.

Me watching @UTProf and @butchna....
08b12893235cdbcdd208643693bb1a00.gif
I mean I like your shirt.

Reactions: highspeed
Yeah. Apparently, he also had a bunch of mini-strokes, a temporary pacemaker, and dialysis all from the illness. He was only 41 and had a 1 year old son who took his first steps while he was in the ICU. Covid just absolutely ravaged his body. It's just absolutely brutal on some folks.
Some people are not going to want to hear that...

My grandad was in WW2. Ate rats in the trenches, had trench rot in his leg for Years after he got back. Purple heart. He was drafted. My dad was drafted to Vietnam, as soon as he got there they were mortared, his foot got stuck in his best friends chest . Yeah it has been worse. But could get the same again with the right moves.
Other Gdad served at Iwo then Okinawa. Went into Ministry. Dad was lucky to not get drafted. It changed a lot of people.

Whats your point? It usually takes years and vaccines still have unwanted side effects. You think they can make the perfect one in a rush breaking all sorts of red tape? Then by all means be first in line when it gets released.
I'm just saying expedited does not mean automatic failure. The process for developing a vaccine is well established. You don't want it? Fine. Your choice. The best way for us to get the herd immunity the quickest is to get this vaccine developed.

I think it's just a complex illness that we don't know a whole lot about. His case aligns with the early accounts doctors were giving of patients experiencing all sorts of very extreme things brought on by the virus. Even his recovery matches them -- I remember reading about patients who were suddenly fine (better than Nick ever was) that after a little while of being better took a very dramatic downturn and died. (Back then, we pretty much only counted those hospitalized because we didn't have good testing for the general public). Now we know there are very mild cases and some will only ever be asymptomatic carriers but for some covid just shuts ish down despite doctors giving their best efforts. I tend to think that there's more than one strain of Covid going around and that the milder strain is less deadly but more contagious. Whereas the deadlier strain is less contagious but far more deadly. It would explain a lot but I'm far from a medical doctor and am talking out of my rear so keep that in mind. Strains producing differing symptoms and severities just makes sense to me though. BUT it could just be that we haven't figured out the common factor that those who get Nick's sort of covid share. They could have a gene or something else (there's a lot of talk about blood type again) that makes them more vulnerable that we just don't know about yet.
So you are saying it has metamorphosed. I been knowing it would. I like to read alot tho. Eyes be getting all squinchy.

Would appreciate prayers, folks. I’ve mentioned on here before that my dad is battling dementia. He’s been struggling the past couple of days, so we had him taken to the emergency room. Just heard back that he has COVID. He’s not in distress. I would appreciate prayers that he continues not to be in distress and that my brother and I make the right decisions about his care.
Prayers sent my brother!

Death rate is plunging, Covid is barely hanging on to epidemic status anymore. Screw you, Rona! Schools are gearing up to open (Praise God from whom all blessings flowwww! Can I get an amen?). AV got my hopes up, Football is happening! Wear masks and wash your nasty hands people. Where’s the Tylenol?! Let’s ride!
Banks is a RB, tell Jeremy

Definitely and tbh, I think a lot of folks are doubting if it ever ends now or for my family personally, the question is whether or not it ends in time. It seems like Covid is going on forever. We're in hospice and it's essentially trapped us inside the house with no end in sight. Hell one of the reasons we're in hospice instead of palliative care atm is because we couldn't get treatment anyway without the risk outweighing the benefit. Will this ish die down so we can get back to seeing the docs because when it hit we never had the chance to get answers or the followups needed post-cancer surgery and I don't want to transition back to palliative until that's more of a go because although we need answers I don't want to take services away until we can for sure get them. I also desperately want us to experience life, maybe even a mini-vacation while it's still possible but I don't know if that's going to be possible.

I have no doubt that America and the world will get through this. We're a tough bunch and if we didn't kill ourselves with 2 world wars and the development of nukes, we'll make it through this just fine but that's at the broader level. On the individual level, while most will be fine it gets more tragic - some of us won't make it whether it's medically, financially, etc. and some of us hit by it may live through it but never quite recover. So I kinda see it as there's an optimism in knowing that if our grandparents can get through it we can too and that gives me hope for the country and world but that's also more of a comfort on a societal level for me (I know America will survive and I'm glad for that). I also know that there's still those that won't and I probably feel that a lot more keenly than a lot of people because I know it's a death sentence - no ifs ands or buts - if someone brings it into my house. We're trying to make it to Halloween again and caring for someone who statistically doesn't have long to live without a transplant during a pandemic which makes transplants far less likely for multiple reasons makes it difficult to have optimism on a personal level. (I hope that makes sense).
Damn bro where you at
giphy-44.gif

Reactions: UTProf
Death rate is plunging, Covid is barely hanging on to epidemic status anymore. Screw you, Rona! Schools are gearing up to open (Praise God from whom all blessings flowwww! Can I get an amen?). AV got my hopes up, Football is happening! Wear masks and wash your nasty hands people. Where’s the Tylenol?! Let’s ride!
Banks is a RB, tell Jeremy
😂🙌🧡🍊🏈

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back