Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
My moms birthday, went to my sisters and we had a cookout, swam, I got sunburned pretty good. Got to cut up with my niece and nephew. That boy gonna be a LT. Going into 5th grade at 5ft. About 165lbs. Biggest kid in his class.
This was a few years ago
View attachment 290640
You know I am trying to get him to like the Vols, lol.

At first glance, I missed that part where you said the photo was from a few years ago and was about to say, "Now, T Dog, I know we all like to brag on family but that boy ain't anywhere near 5ft 165 ." :D

Anything you don’t like about the classic? I I’m really wanting to get one

It's actually my Father-in-law's. He has had it for a year and has never used it until my wife and I moved in with them over a month ago. Now we have used it at least once every week. I know more about it than he does 😂. To answer your question, there isn't anything I dislike about the classic except that you can't really do a brisket on it...except for maybe a small one or one of those brisket slabs that have a lot of the good stuff already taken off. You can fit 2 10-lb butts on the rack easily without touching the inner sides of the ceramic lid wall. The stone plates used for indirect heat grilling can be annoying to try and get out. I also think it cooks really well, too because of the heat it retains. The rule of thumb for smoking a butt is 1-2 hours per lb. Both 10-lb butts I have smoked have taken 7 hours at 250-260°F. If you want to do ribs then the classic should be able to handle 2 slabs (depending on size) without buying extra grates.

But if you want to smoke brisket then I would just get a Big Joe as I thought no the classic would be either too small or you will be too close to the wall of the lid.

Reactions: Volbucky
@Big Gucci Sosa I’m drinking Yuengling Golden Pilsner right now don’t at me. It’s delicious.
smoking wings and drinking this

f4ea6d8c06f7ca7182dd6c18c8c790f8.png

It's actually my Father-in-law's. He has had it for a year and has never used it until my wife and I moved in with them over a month ago. Now we have used it at least once every week. I know more about it than he does 😂. To answer your question, there isn't anything I dislike about the classic except that you can't really do a brisket on it...except for maybe a small one or one of those brisket slabs that have a lot of the good stuff already taken off. You can fit 2 10-lb butts on the rack easily without touching the inner sides of the ceramic lid wall. The stone plates used for indirect heat grilling can be annoying to try and get out. I also think it cooks really well, too because of the heat it retains. The rule of thumb for smoking a butt is 1-2 hours per lb. Both 10-lb butts I have smoked have taken 7 hours at 250-260°F. If you want to do ribs then the classic should be able to handle 2 slabs (depending on size) without buying extra grates.

But if you want to smoke brisket then I would just get a Big Joe as I thought no the classic would be either too small or you will be too close to the wall of the lid.
About how many racks of ribs could you do on the classic?

About how many racks of ribs could you do on the classic?

You could probably fit 2 racks of baby back on the classic without having to cut them. With spare rib racks being a little wider I'd say you will have to cut them up if you have more than 1 rack.

I think there are extra rack levels you can buy for more grilling area.

Reactions: Volbucky
My moms birthday, went to my sisters and we had a cookout, swam, I got sunburned pretty good. Got to cut up with my niece and nephew. That boy gonna be a LT. Going into 5th grade at 5ft. About 165lbs. Biggest kid in his class.
This was a few years ago
View attachment 290640
You know I am trying to get him to like the Vols, lol.

My mom’s birthday is today as well. No swimming but a lot of food eating.

If it doesn't have specifically dark red kidney beans,it's not chili. If no beans, it's a bowl of boiled meat. If it has soft beans, it's bean soup
You might want to try black beans and Mexican small red beans. They both work better than kidney beans. Also they're not "soft" beans. One of my favorites is a 3 bean chili using the small reds, black, and pinto beans. I get it that lots of Texans say the only true chili has no bean. It's just a matter of what you like better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back