Best defensive performance

Mccage

by a vol you remember.

Mine is Johnathan Wade in the 2006 Vol/dawg game. Vols came from 21 down between the hedges . Wade was all over field and had a couple of picks shutting down their reciever who's name escapes me....(Mohammad Something). Its the only game I've ever attended in Athens. I loved the way Wade played the game.

One of the more recent and underrated performances by a Vol was Daniel Bituli against Georgia Tech. Daniel Bituli was in on every single play!!

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
Al Wilson '98 Florida is the best, hands down.

I still like posting this pic whenever I get a chance though:

6584480.gif

I wish Berry could have played at a better time in Tennessee history. He deserves to be in all these conversations.

1939 Vols

Attended those games..........great team.......But no points, thats pretty awesome.

In my lifetime I have to agree with Al Wilson AND Grant against Florida in 98. I've never seen a quarterback bounce his head off the ground so hard and the Grant one handed pick across the middle was just gorgeous.

Bill Duff stuffing Eddie George (1996 Citrus Bowl). Heard Eddie,Eddie, Eddie for 3+ quarters. Great game in the rain. Jay Graham was the back of the day, not the Heisman winner.

Eddie does NOT like to talk about that game. He will discus anything football related, except that game.:p

Derek Barnett was almost unstoppable in the second half of the UF game a few years ago. He had that Applebee’s guy running for his life.
Got into an argument with my wife during the first half of this game.....She left and UT came back. Its obvious what I must do.................BUT ITLL BE WORTH IT

Al was, unquestionably, a one-man wrecking crew vs. the Reptilian Horde, but I would have to say that Steve Kiner’s performance against Alabama in 1969 was, in my opinion, superior even to Al Wilson's game vs. Florida in ‘98. Kiner had "five sacks, 11 tackles with five assists, four quarterback hurries, an interception and a forced fumble" (Football).

Furthermore, Steve gets bonus points, in my mind, for the parting shot he fired at 'bama as he left the field that day. In the words of Tom Mattingly, "Tennessee linebacker Steve Kiner chastised Alabama players for not playing better for Bear Bryant in the 1969 game at Legion Field. Former Tennessee assistant coach Bob Davis was there on the sidelines when it happened. Tennessee was ahead 34-0, and coach Doug Dickey was getting his first-line defenders out of the game. 'They had a play that ended right in front of us,' Davis said. Before he came to the bench, Kiner screamed at the Alabama players. He pointed to Coach Bryant and said, 'Look over there at that poor old man. He looks pitiful. Can you see him? You've let him down. You should be ashamed of yourselves.'"

Other accounts also allege that Kiner added as a final stinging remark: "There was a time when those crimson jerseys meant something."

by a vol you remember.

Mine is Johnathan Wade in the 2006 Vol/dawg game. Vols came from 21 down between the hedges . Wade was all over field and had a couple of picks shutting down their reciever who's name escapes me....(Mohammad Something). Its the only game I've ever attended in Athens. I loved the way Wade played the game.
Massaquoi

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
Al was, unquestionably, a one-man wrecking crew vs. the Reptilian Horde, but I would have to say that Steve Kiner’s performance against Alabama in 1969 was, in my opinion, superior even to Al Wilson's game vs. Florida in ‘98. Kiner had "five sacks, 11 tackles with five assists, four quarterback hurries, an interception and a forced fumble" (Football).

Furthermore, Steve gets bonus points, in my mind, for the parting shot he fired at 'bama as he left the field that day. In the words of Tom Mattingly, "Tennessee linebacker Steve Kiner chastised Alabama players for not playing better for Bear Bryant in the 1969 game at Legion Field. Former Tennessee assistant coach Bob Davis was there on the sidelines when it happened. Tennessee was ahead 34-0, and coach Doug Dickey was getting his first-line defenders out of the game. 'They had a play that ended right in front of us,' Davis said. Before he came to the bench, Kiner screamed at the Alabama players. He pointed to Coach Bryant and said, 'Look over there at that poor old man. He looks pitiful. Can you see him? You've let him down. You should be ashamed of yourselves.'"

Other accounts also allege that Kiner added as a final stinging remark: "There was a time when those crimson jerseys meant something."
Ole Miss could have said the same thing to him.

VN Store

Back