Lady Vols vs UConn 2021

I dont know why some of yall defending a Uconn Husky more than yall defend current Lady Vols. Evina left she made it clear I dont know why some of yall supporting her like she some saint.........I just wanna know why yall quick to trash Jordan and quick to defend Evina. Theres one major difference between them one loves being a Lady Vol and wants so badly to bring them to the top and the other wants nothing to do with the Lady Vols...

BRING THAT SAME ENERGY YALL HAVE FOR EVINA AND GIVE IT TO JORDAN
I haven't seen anyone trash Horston. And I haven't seen anyone supporting Westbrook like she is some saint. Just some honest opinions on both players.

I haven't seen anyone trash Horston. And I haven't seen anyone supporting Westbrook like she is some saint. Just some honest opinions on both players.
thats just hilarious have you ever seen gameday threads just go through one and see and about Evina just read this whole page.....

Reactions: stlvolsfan
thats just hilarious. have you ever seen gameday threads just go through one and see and about Evina just read this whole page.....

No one on this "whole page" elevated Westbrook to sainthood.

I did cut and paste what the Tennessee website wrote about her sophomore season when you said she only had a few good games. I prefer the truth and not made up stuff based on emotion.

What is "trashing" to you? How about an example of this so called trashing?

thats just hilarious have you ever seen gameday threads just go through one and see and about Evina just read this whole page.....

You're comparing an evaluation of a player's game vs. their character. Evina got the exact same treatment Jordan got in gameday threads. If she was turning the ball over like crazy, then posters were giving her the exact same criticism. Like Jordan, her bad performances were critiqued. However, no one is calling into question Jordan's character the way that they went after Evina after the NCAAT and after she transferred. There were too many Holly Apologists on here who took it out on Evina.

Other than the fact that Evina was my favorite player out of the class, here's another reason that I'm not gonna dis her: if not for her timely interview comments, Tennessee might still be stuck with Holly as a coach. Getting the wheels in motion for the coaching change is reason enough to elevate her to Sainthood in my book.

You're comparing an evaluation of a player's game vs. their character. Evina got the exact same treatment Jordan got in gameday threads. If she was turning the ball over like crazy, then posters were giving her the exact same criticism. Like Jordan, her bad performances were critiqued. However, no one is calling into question Jordan's character the way that they went after Evina after the NCAAT and after she transferred. There were too many Holly Apologists on here who took it out on Evina.

Other than the fact that Evina was my favorite player out of the class, here's another reason that I'm not gonna dis her: if not for her timely interview comments, Tennessee might still be stuck with Holly as a coach. Getting the wheels in motion for the coaching change is reason enough to elevate her to Sainthood in my book.
Evina is your favorite person of the 2017 class 😂😂

So you like her better than Rennia?

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK

exactly what Im saying Rennia will be Reppin the Tennessee Jersey for 4 years and is a true LVFL and you like her better than the person who transferred. Not to mention how great of a player Rennia is many people have said she is the arguably the best player from the 2017 class and is a leading candidate to be the #1 Pick in the 2021 WNBA Draft and you like Evina better than her.....

whats next y'all like Jaz better than Rae????

exactly what Im saying Rennia will be Reppin the Tennessee Jersey for 4 years and is a true LVFL and you like her better than the person who transferred. Not to mention how great of a player Rennia is many people have said she is the arguably the best player from the 2017 class and is a leading candidate to be the #1 Pick in the 2021 WNBA Draft and you like Evina better than her.....

whats next y'all like Jaz better than Rae????

I’m just confused... I get some people feel like we owe her a debt of gratitude to set the wheels in motion for a new coach. She did have balls enough to speak out which I give her credit for. I am not attacking her personal character but I go with Rennia. I love the way she stepped up and lead this group and particularly took Jordan underneath her wing. It’s not a knock on what Evina didn’t do by staying but a praise to what Rennia did while staying and lifting her teammates up.

I’m just confused... I get some people feel like we owe her a debt of gratitude to set the wheels in motion for a new coach. She did have balls enough to speak out which I give her credit for. I am not attacking her personal character but I go with Rennia. I love the way she stepped up and lead this group and particularly took Jordan underneath her wing. It’s not a knock on what Evina didn’t do by staying but a praise to what Rennia did while staying and lifting her teammates up.

I really think Holly was going to get fired no matter what Evina said all those really bad losses and nearly missing the tourney she was already in the hot seat...

Rennia is a true LVFL and she has said once in an interview "Team is greater than personal accolades and that everything we do is for Tennessee". Rennia has been my favorite player from that class since she first arrived on Rocky Top

Last edited:

Amb said "Other than the fact that Evina was my favorite player out of the class"

WAS.....so I'm thinking Amb is talking about that recruiting class and incoming freshmen. Kinda makes sense considering Westbrook was the No. 2 player in the class.

Amb said "Other than the fact that Evina was my favorite player out of the class"

WAS.....so I'm thinking Amb is talking about that recruiting class and incoming freshmen. Kinda makes sense considering Westbrook was the No. 2 player in the class.

Yea, it wasn’t an attack just a question because my favorite was Rennia from day 1 because she reminded me of Holdsclaw.

But I understand again it wasn’t an attack I guess I liked EW (a lot) but Rennia always was my favorite.

That's correct. I was thrilled when Evina signed with Tennessee, and she was my favorite player on the team for those two years. Not gonna wish her new team success since she plays for UConn, but I do hope she continues to improve and does well in the WNBA. No different from how I felt about Diamond when everyone on this board was sh!tting all over her too after she left.

People here worried that recruits will be turned off by discussions about their stats, but ignore the character assassination after a player decides to transfer. Yeah, that makes sense :rolleyes:

That's correct. I was thrilled when Evina signed with Tennessee, and she was my favorite player on the team for those two years. Not gonna wish her new team success since she plays for UConn, but I do hope she continues to improve and does well in the WNBA. No different from how I felt about Diamond when everyone on this board was sh!tting all over her too after she left.

People here worried that recruits will be turned off by discussions about their stats, but ignore the character assassination after a player decides to transfer. Yeah, that makes sense :rolleyes:

agree for the most part, but DD didn't transfer to the connies

Players arent turned off by stat discussions their turned off by fans critiquing their every wrong move. I remember after the Auburn game The Lady Vols posted a video about it underneath a fan commented " you never foul the 3pt shooter" and Jordan shot back which she normally doesnt ever do she said "she didnt mean to foul her and she already knows that" and Jordan and the fan went back and forth on the matter and she later posted a long statement on her IG about why TENN fans seem to have a problem with her.
After a player transfers we forget about them why do you think people werent upset after Middleton,Mimi,Jaz,Zaay transferred its because they didnt make a show out of it thats why they didnt make ESPN headlines they didnt say "Oh hey everybody come and look at the circus thats going on at Tennessee" they packed up and left and we didnt care about them after that but guess what Evina didnt do that even after the transfer she had to take subtle jabs at TENN im sure everybody remember her "sorry not sorry" post on her commitment to UConn.I dont believe that she set the wheeks on the Warlick firing so we should show "gratitude" to her idk why yall do Warlick was a horrible coach she was going to get fired no matter what.
I will say it over and over again I believe that Evina is not a person of high character she had every intention of transferring so why do all that and say all that just be like other kids write a letter and say Im transferring the end. All im saying is that im glad CKH is recruiting kids of high character and low maintenance like Karoline,Sara,Kaiya,Destiny,Tess,Marta all kids who have a great attitude and not all that interested in all the show of committing none of them put out lists and did all the extravaganza of todays college athletes they were straight to the point kind of girls. One thing I like about Kellie she doesnt do DRAMA god knows we've had enough of that under Warlick.

Diamond is LVFL she made a promise that she broke but she did what was best for her many athletes go pro early who can blame them. Evina situation is nothing like Diamond. Evina is a Husky and Diamond is a Lady Vol. Candace Parker didnt use her last year of eligibility and im sure fans back then would have also shitted all over her and she won two natties for Tenn. Diamond considers herself a LVFL so should we..

Last edited:
Reactions: xtpsrh08123
Players arent turned off by stat discussions their turned off by fans critiquing their every wrong move. I remember after the Auburn game The Lady Vols posted a video about it underneath a fan commented " you never foul the 3pt shooter" and Jordan shot back which she normally doesnt ever do she said "she didnt mean to foul her and she already knows that" and Jordan and the fan went back and forth on the matter and she later posted a long statement on her IG about why TENN fans seem to have a problem with her.
After a player transfers we forget about them why do you think people werent upset after Middleton,Mimi,Jaz,Zaay transferred its because they didnt make a show out of it thats why they didnt make ESPN headlines they didnt say "Oh hey everybody come and look at the circus thats going on at Tennessee" they packed up and left and we didnt care about them after that but guess what Evina didnt do that even after the transfer she had to take subtle jabs at TENN im sure everybody remember her "sorry not sorry" post on her commitment to UConn.I dont believe that she set the wheeks on the Warlick firing so we should show "gratitude" to her idk why yall do Warlick was a horrible coach she was going to get fired no matter what.
I will say it over and over again I believe that Evina is not a person of high character she had every intention of transferring so why do all that and say all that just be like other kids write a letter and say Im transferring the end. All im saying is that im glad CKH is recruiting kids of high character and low maintenance like Karoline,Sara,Kaiya,Destiny,Tess,Marta all kids who have a great attitude and not all that interested in all the show of committing none of them put out lists and did all the extravaganza of todays college athletes they were straight to the point kind of girls. One thing I like about Kellie she doesnt do DRAMA god knows we've had enough of that under Warlick.

Diamond is LVFL she made a promise that she broke but she did what was best for her many athletes go pro early who can blame them. Evina situation is nothing like Diamond. Evina is a Husky and Diamond is a Lady Vol. Candace Parker didnt use her last year of eligibility and im sure fans back then would have also shitted all over her and she won two natties for Tenn. Diamond considers herself a LVFL so should we..

So basically, you dislike Westbrook because she left for UConn and forgive DeShields because she didn’t leave for UConn even though as you put it “broke her promise”.

And is that first story about Horston getting into it with a fan really true?

Absolutely. Westbrook said what needed to be said and she took a lot of crap for it. Tennessee fans should applaud her for having the courage to speak up. As for "sorry not sorry" a little snippy maybe but why should she be sorry? She wasted 2 years of her college eligibility playing for a coach that apparently did not have what it took to rebuild the team post CPS. Maybe Warlick should have apologized to Westbrook for failing her.

Reactions: mcannon1
ye
So basically, you dislike Westbrook because she left for UConn and forgive DeShields because she didn’t leave for UConn even though as you put it “broke her promise”.

And is that first story about Horston getting into it with a fan really true?

here is the receipt Ill try to find the long statement she put out I remember I screenshot it
Screenshot 2020-06-30 at 4.39.07 PM.png
I dont care that Evina transferred im glad she did she obviously didnt like being a lady vol I care about her actions prior to that...
so what im hearing is that Evina did good but what Diamond did was wrong??

Last edited:

VN Store

Back