Lady Vols vs UConn 2021

Who had the better hair? Who danced better? Which one had the best shoes?
LOL
It;s crazy isn't it, WBK
To discuss players, their stats and their potential impact on the upcoming season on a fan message board? Yeah, totally nuts man. Who does that?

I'm surprised to see so much statistical Improvement from Evinas frosh to sophomore year. Didn't seem that different on court to me, still crazy inconsistent. Team was certainly no better than in her first year. I would be really happy for Jordan to match Evinas soph statistics next year. Upon her Improvement rides literally everything.

To discuss players, their stats and their potential impact on the upcoming season on a fan message board? Yeah, totally nuts man. Who does that?

I'm surprised to see so much statistical Improvement from Evinas frosh to sophomore year. Didn't seem that different on court to me, still crazy inconsistent. Team was certainly no better than in her first year. I would be really happy for Jordan to match Evinas soph statistics next year. Upon her Improvement rides literally everything.

There are two roads well traveled..."Freshmen become Sophomores" and "The Sophomore Slump"

Either can happen,,,I am expecting the former, not the latter

Some of you all only talk about what the LV did wrong in the game and nothing they did well. If you all prefer UCONN’s coaching and style of play, why not root for them? Why not come out and say you’re a fan? That’s basically what a fan is. Someone who loves the coach, play and defends their team to no end.
Not really. You can be a LV fan and appreciate good basketball. Most posters here are that way.

Last edited:
A lot of truth in your post. But, it does not have to take a long time if you can add an elite player or two. Think top three variety. Got to put in the time to convince one special talent they are the missing piece and not convince yourself I can do it by coaching up lesser talent. If you don’t have an assistant that can get that done, fix it.

Your absolutely dead on when it comes to getting multiple elite players, you must be time committed, think of the recruitment of Candice Parker. The icing on the cake would be if an incoming elite player can pull in other elite players to possibly add to the roster. Players want to play with players they already know, and AAU lends itself to this, and it has happen for us in the past. However the lesser talent must get coached up, or they will become a liability on the court. I think that one thing I missed mentioning is that UConn dose a great job of "coaching up" players because it's built into their system. Yes they recruit great talent, but they recruit great talent for their system, which one can say is plug in and play over time. Whether we will build anything akin to a LV system is a question for the future. I know we have or have had the Lady Vol Way or The Tennessee Way, which is the out growth of Pat's Definite Dozen, but whether have anything akin to the infrastructure UConn has built, I haven't seen as of yet.

During this upcoming match up, it's going to be interesting to see how Evina Westbrook's development under UConn coaches and system has influenced her skills and game, because it might give us something we can use to turn around our turnover woes.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
Your absolutely dead on when it comes to getting multiple elite players, you must be time committed, think of the recruitment of Candice Parker. The icing on the cake would be if an incoming elite player can pull in other elite players to possibly add to the roster. Players want to play with players they already know, and AAU lends itself to this, and it has happen for us in the past. However the lesser talent must get coached up, or they will become a liability on the court. I think that one thing I missed mentioning is that UConn dose a great job of "coaching up" players because it's built into their system. Yes they recruit great talent, but they recruit great talent for their system, which one can say is plug in and play over time. Whether we will build anything akin to a LV system is a question for the future. I know we have or have had the Lady Vol Way or The Tennessee Way, which is the out growth of Pat's Definite Dozen, but whether have anything akin to the infrastructure UConn has built, I haven't seen as of yet.

How very BOLD a statement you make with every post...you must be a BOLD person,,,,Your posts scream with BOLDNESS

Reactions: #1LVLS MAN 4 LIFE
That's assuming that she hasn't learned anything about ball handling from her year in a new program with coaches that teach fundamentals like ball control. Last year UConn ranked 59th in turnovers/game. Tennessee ranked 255th.
EW has been a turnover machine since high school i doubt that has changed with a year off . She just finished rehab so she couldn't really do full contact drills , anyone can dribble but game time is a different story.

I could see the improvement in Evina but I also saw unhappiness, anger, and frustration. She’s a really really good player and unfortunately she wasn’t in the best situation. The team being no better is due to lack of further development by staff, the player put in the work but what was the staff teaching in order for her and others on the team to improve? It wasn’t just E who wasn’t good that year, it was every player because they lacked leadership.

This past year, with a weaker team they fairer better during the season. Was the biggest change the loss of an on court leader statistically or the change of staff. I know you weren’t doing it but I’ve seen others act as though she wasn’t a huge loss. E would’ve made this a top 10 team both on paper and on the court last year.

Her leadership, scoring, and experience at the PG position were sorely missed. 😩 Kellie would’ve had a loaded team had everyone just stayed lol

I could see the improvement in Evina but I also saw unhappiness, anger, and frustration. She’s a really really good player and unfortunately she wasn’t in the best situation. The team being no better is due to lack of further development by staff, the player put in the work but what was the staff teaching in order for her and others on the team to improve? It wasn’t just E who wasn’t good that year, it was every player because they lacked leadership.

This past year, with a weaker team they fairer better during the season. Was the biggest change the loss of an on court leader statistically or the change of staff. I know you weren’t doing it but I’ve seen others act as though she wasn’t a huge loss. E would’ve made this a top 10 team both on paper and on the court last year.

Her leadership, scoring, and experience at the PG position were sorely missed. 😩 Kellie would’ve had a loaded team had everyone just stayed lol
We'll just see what she does at uconn......

VN Store

Back