The Golf Thread

I feel like I always come on here to ask about courses lol, so I apologize.

Playing the Kahite Tellico course this weekend. Anyone played it? Looks super tough, I know there’s like an 800 yard Par 6. Any other quirks I should know about?

I feel like I always come on here to ask about courses lol, so I apologize.

Playing the Kahite Tellico course this weekend. Anyone played it? Looks super tough, I know there’s like an 800 yard Par 6. Any other quirks I should know about?
Keep it in the fairway or it will be a long day. Good track but it can play tough if they’ve let the rough grow. I haven’t played it this year but the Greens are usually in great shape.

Not a very long course unless you play from the tips. Edit to add that there are a million beaches scattered out amongst the course so avoid those suckers.

Last edited:
Keep it in the fairway or it will be a long day. Good track but it can play tough if they’ve let the rough grow. I haven’t played it this year but the Greens are usually in great shape.

Not a very long course unless you play from the tips.

That whole “keep it in the fairway” thing.... that’s a bit of a problem 😂

Reactions: MadisonvilleVol
On my way back from the beach going to stop in Pinehurst. Options right now are Mid Pines or Pine Needles for $180 or Pinehurst #9 for $87. Thoughts?

Last edited:
I couldn’t make this up if I tried. This is beyond unbelievable.

My club has a 6 hole Par 3 course that the kids play a lot. Here’s my 13 year old nephew on Saturday playing the 6th hole.

The crazier part... he played the course again that day and Aced the 2nd hole?!

The truly insane part... I played the course with him again the next day. He Aced the 6th hole AGAIN but from the back tee?!?!

The shots were from 80, 60 and 100 yards all within 24 hours. I really don’t think I’ve ever seen anything like this.

Last edited:
Three in 2 rounds is amazing ! Getting ready to turn 55 and haven't had my first ace yet, I've got the albatross, but not the ace even after all these years. So yeah, 3 in 2 days seems like a damn miracle ! Congrats to him !

I couldn’t make this up if I tried. This is beyond unbelievable.

My club has a 6 hole Par 3 course that the kids play a lot. Here’s my 13 year old nephew on Saturday playing the 6th hole.

The crazier part... he played the course again that day and Aced the 2nd hole?!

The truly insane part... I played the course with him again the next day. He Aced the 6th hole AGAIN but from the back tee?!?!

The shots were from 80, 60 and 100 yards all within 24 hours. I really don’t think I’ve ever seen anything like this.

Lol that’s crazy.

Three in 2 rounds is amazing ! Getting ready to turn 55 and haven't had my first ace yet, I've got the albatross, but not the ace even after all these years. So yeah, 3 in 2 days seems like a damn miracle ! Congrats to him !

I had one when I was a teenager at par 3 course but none since. It’s sad it was the shortest hole there too at a measly 45 yards (longest was like 130). I’ve dunked a couple 2nd shots on par 4s and came close to acing a few but that’s about it.

He obviously knew he could do it since he set up his phone to record. Congrats to him!
I actually asked him “Why did you set up your phone like that?” and he was dead serious when he said “I wanted video in case I made a hole in one.” Lol

Anyone travel thru southwest VA, come play Draper Valley Golf, exit 89 off i-81. I'm an assistant there. Good rates, fun golf course. Twilight 30$ for 18 with cart every day except Wednesday its 28$.

VN Store

Back