'21 NC DT Payton Page (Clemson commit)

I saw AP's interview with him. I came away thinking UNC is the front runner. He listed proximity to home as a top priority. He said he lives really close to campus and with UNCs recent recruiting success, it wouldn't surprise me if that's where he was leaning.

Hopefully, Coach Graham will work his magic. This kid is on the top of my want list! A championship 3-4 defense needs a Dexter Lawrence type NT. Here he is!!!

Last edited:
I saw AP's interview with him. I came away thinking UNC is the front runner. He listed proximity to home as a top priority. He said he lives really close to campus and with UNCs recent recruiting success, it wouldn't surprise me if that's where he was leaning.

Hopefully, Coach Graham will work his magic. This kid is on the top of my want list! A championship 3-4 defense needs a Dexter Lawrence type NT. Here he is!!!
Wrong..UNC is 3rd

Reactions: ChiTownVol
Honestly think it’s neck and neck between us and Clemson..I ride with price and he has said tn is in a great position which usually means vol

🙏🙏🙏 no telling with kids. Like I said, I got the vibe he wanted to stay real close from Prices interview with him. I hope you're right.

If we win 9-10 games this year, the flood gates will continue to open. He was a really big want but our recruiting still looks pretty good.

Would really like to have Page and it's never over till they sign but gimmie at least 1 out of Taylor, Malone, TID to go with what we have and I'm good here. A lot could change if we have a good season.

Reactions: LittleVol
I still Clemson benefits from being an easy conference where there’s no competition.

It wouldn’t be like that in the SEC.
Definitely...if FSU and Miami ever get back to being good then it could make it interesting for Clemson's dominance, not to mention the effect it will have on the Gators.

Reactions: BucksnortVol
Not a Clemson lock. Venables is soloing his recruiting for them while our whole staff is on him. I think it’s much much closer than Clemsuck would like.

Reactions: hooter vol
I still Clemson benefits from being an easy conference where there’s no competition.

It wouldn’t be like that in the SEC.

I keep hearing this. And top to bottom SEC has been king for about 20 years now.

Truthfully, though...
Clemson beats UGA if they play last year. Or the year before. Florida's defense would have made it interesting ,but the running of Lawrence would have made Clemson SEC East champions at the very least. And of course they did beat Alabama. Smashed them. No one was beating LSU this season when then were on all cylinders. But Clemson would have similar success in the SEC the last 7 years as they've had in the ACC. They're recruiting the same top level players...

FSU won't get back under Norvell.
Miami is beginning to recruit better again.
Virginia and North Carolina are the two emerging teams in that conference that can actually challenge Clemson.

It is easier for Clemson in the ACC, but they would still be winning big in our conference. They'd play in the SEC East and they would be in Atlanta every year...

Reactions: sonofUT62
I keep hearing this. And top to bottom SEC has been king for about 20 years now.

Truthfully, though...
Clemson beats UGA if they play last year. Or the year before. Florida's defense would have made it interesting ,but the running of Lawrence would have made Clemson SEC East champions at the very least. And of course they did beat Alabama. Smashed them. No one was beating LSU this season when then were on all cylinders. But Clemson would have similar success in the SEC the last 7 years as they've had in the ACC. They're recruiting the same top level players...

FSU won't get back under Norvell.
Miami is beginning to recruit better again.
Virginia and North Carolina are the two emerging teams in that conference that can actually challenge Clemson.

It is easier for Clemson in the ACC, but they would still be winning big in our conference. They'd play in the SEC East and they would be in Atlanta every year...

I think they’re 10-2 in their last 12 games against the SEC with the only 2 losses to Bama and LSU In NC games. Critics will say that’s due to playing SC every year but they’ve beaten Bama twice, Auburn and A&M in the last 4 years.

VN Store

Back