2022 Recruits

Not true... just look at the WNBA draft. And can you name a player younger than Azzi Fudd who takes up media hype (the only one who slightly comes to mind is 6’7” Lauren Betts). It all starts the sophomore summer when the USA trials takes place... Sabrina Ionescu wasn’t even ranked or on anyone’s radar until her 16u summer USA trial when she was an uninvited walk on. Many girls actually fall out of the top 25. Yes the top 10 won’t fall too hard usually but it can and I’ve watched close enough to know that many go from top 25 to barely top 80 by junior year. Just look at our 2021 recruits Puckett wasn’t even ranked and she’ll end up Top 20 Kaiya was around 50-60 and now in top 25. Rankings are evaluation based and rn there hasn’t been any evaluations in almost a year

I’m not concerned about four years later and the draft. I’m into college ready. And, I get there is movement in recruiting rankings especially those moving up. But, if you take the top 3 ranked players entering their junior year, they are going to be top ten a year later almost without exception. That’s my point. They are well known. Now some top ten may fall ten spots but almost never outside the top 25 so it’s not like they can no longer play.

We will obviously see how this plays out. I believe we will find UConn prioritizing multiple top ten types with at least one top 3. SC will not be far behind. So a year from now when the rankings play out as you describe, we ought to have offered more than one top ten which is what the poster shows to be the case at this point. If we aren’t, we are doing it wrong imo.

Last edited:
I think it’s interesting who they have offered... considering we literally are loaded at the Wing and Forward positions in 2020 and 2021 classes

Loaded at wing/forward, but with (at least on paper) "good but not great" players. Seriously, I hope Kellie isn't moving on from top 20 talent because she already has Tess and Marta at the wing (no offense to them). Current roster has never stopped Tennessee from pursuing the best players, and I don't see why Kellie should settle for less.

Loaded at wing/forward, but with (at least on paper) "good but not great" players. Seriously, I hope Kellie isn't moving on from top 20 talent because she already has Tess and Marta at the wing (no offense to them). Current roster has never stopped Tennessee from pursuing the best players, and I don't see why Kellie should settle for less.

She's not settling for less, she takes what come her way. Who in the world would love to leave a Finsh home and choose a foundation home

She's not settling for less, she takes what come her way. Who in the world would love to leave a Finsh home and choose a foundation home

You have to fight for elite kids. You cannot just “take what comes her way” and be championship level. We have only offered 1 top ten player according to this board’s summary in 2022 out of six offers.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
You have to fight for elite kids. You cannot just “take what comes her way” and be championship level. We have only offered 1 top ten player according to this board’s summary in 2022 out of six offers.

So if you are a top ten recruit and I ask you if you are interested in coming to UT and you say . “No and I mean HELL NO “. Maybe Kellie should offer them a scholarship anyway ?
I believe both parties ( recruit and coaches ) need to have an interest in each other ! JMO

Then you become selective in those who show an interest.... All three of our 21 recruits have ratings in the twenties and thirties after their junior year .... let’s see how they finish after their senior year . Just Saying

I have seen several top ten players here in the last few years but the Circus 🎪 just kept getting worse and worse ! Let’s see how it goes before we start condemning...

So if you are a top ten recruit and I ask you if you are interested in coming to UT and you say . “No and I mean HELL NO “. Maybe Kellie should offer them a scholarship anyway ?
I believe both parties ( recruit and coaches ) need to have an interest in each other ! JMO

Then you become selective in those who show an interest.... All three of our 21 recruits have ratings in the twenties and thirties after their junior year .... let’s see how they finish after their senior year . Just Saying

I have seen several top ten players here in the last few years but the Circus 🎪 just kept getting worse and worse ! Let’s see how it goes before we start condemning...

No, you should not offer a scholarship to top ten talent that responds that way. But, at TN, you better be able to have enough credibility and recruiting prowess to obtain high level of interest from more than one.

I am hoping for signs this staff can do this. By most accounts, that did not happen at NCSt. Seeing TN as high interest for multiple 22 elite kids, reading accounts that TN is recruiting them most aggressively or how well a top kid likes an assistant or head coach would be encouraging. It’s what you see with great recruiting staffs. Maybe that’s the case but if the single offer is accurate, it’s not a good data point.

No, you should not offer a scholarship to top ten talent that responds that way. But, at TN, you better be able to have enough credibility and recruiting prowess to obtain high level of interest from more than one.

I am hoping for signs this staff can do this. By most accounts, that did not happen at NCSt. Seeing TN as high interest for multiple 22 elite kids, reading accounts that TN is recruiting them most aggressively or how well a top kid likes an assistant or head coach would be encouraging. It’s what you see with great recruiting staffs. Maybe that’s the case but if the single offer is accurate, it’s not a good data point.

If/When we get Miles,,,it would be arguably a top 3-4 class (four of the top 100 recruits)

If/When we get Miles,,,it would be arguably a top 3-4 class (four of the top 100 recruits)
SC and UConn will be the top 2.
We could possibly be #3.
Even if we get Miles, it will depend on who else North Carolina, Notre Dame, Texas and Oregon St can sign, as to where we finish in team recruiting.

Coach, I am not saying it isn’t a good class though I wouldn’t take much comfort In top 100. It’s basketball. Top 40-50 is a much better incoming quality indicator. And if she can add an elite difference maker by 2022, there would be reason for excitement.

Coach, I am not saying it isn’t a good class though I wouldn’t take much comfort In top 100. It’s basketball. Top 40-50 is a much better incoming quality indicator. And if she can add an elite difference maker by 2022, there would be reason for excitement.

Thats why I often say "Stars are for Astronomers"...
Pucket is a gunner
Striplin is a hoss
Wynn is a baller
and
Miles is lightning quick

Add them to Tess the shooter
Salary the athlete
the versatile Marta
and
Keyen the beast
with the returners...It will not be about talent, it will be about what we do with the talent

Pucket is a gunner
Striplin is a hoss
Wynn is a baller
and
Miles is lightning quick

Salary the athlete
the versatile Marta
and
Keyen the beast
with the returners...It will not be about talent, it will be about what we do with the talent

OK, I will concede I’d value skill level highly. But, I don’t buy the whole ignore the stars I’ll coach them up argument at all if you want to be championship level. Talent level is by far the best predictor of success in college sports. It is the key if you are pursuing championships instead of just respectability.

OK, I will concede I’d value skill level highly. But, I don’t buy the whole ignore the stars I’ll coach them up argument at all if you want to be championship level. Talent level is by far the best predictor of success in college sports. It is the key if you are pursuing championships instead of just respectability.

I have to disagree....Pat Summitt, Gino whatshisname, Mike somekindofSki, John Wooden, Vic Schaefer, Dawn Staley,,,,its all about coaching!

Speaking of NC State... man would I love to be in their shoes. It’s just funny I can seem to remember the last top 10 talent/player to go there, and yet they finished number 8 in the AP Poll... hmmm. Honestly it’s hard to think of a top 20 player in the last 5 years

I mean Karoline and Sara who are literally a class ahead of most of these girls... i definitely don’t see 3 or 4 forward/wing type players expecting to be on the floor at the same time

Pucket is a gunner
Striplin is a hoss
Wynn is a baller
and
Miles is lightning quick

Salary the athlete
the versatile Marta
and
Keyen the beast
sadly Keyen wont be in this bunch

I mean Karoline and Sara who are literally a class ahead of most of these girls... i definitely don’t see 3 or 4 forward/wing type players expecting to be on the floor at the same time

From this class, I am picking Karoline as the hidden gem...She has great footwork on offense and defense, rebounds well and keeps the ball high on the entry/reception-to-the turnaround shot...I have watched players bring the ball down and try to go back up with it, with smaller players hanging all over the brought down ball...It will be good to feel confident about one keeping it high.

From this class, I am picking Karoline as the hidden gem...She has great footwork on offense and defense, rebounds well and keeps the ball high on the entry/reception-to-the turnaround shot...I have watched players bring the ball down and try to go back up with it, with smaller players hanging all over the brought down ball...It will be good to feel confident about one keeping it high.
Love Karoline a fantastic b-ball player and loves the Lady Vols idk if she even considered other schools she took so many visits to TN we were a lock from the beginning.

VN Store

Back