Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone have recommendations for a nice outdoor family outing for a family with 1,4,6, and 7 year old boys who love adventures? Maybe a kid friendly waterfall or a rope bridge, old structure to explore, etc. I’ll have to carry the baby. 2-hr radius around Nashville.

Last edited:
Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
I've been working on my lineup for this year, Pruitt guys only. Anyway, I'm going with what may be the most talented guys for their position. I've got Thomas on the DL because Pruitt said we were going to start him outside and right now he's my best bet to have a Barnett or Tuttle type freshman season. I've got Jordan Allen at TE because the reason for the move there was he was a receiver in high school (17 TDs) and a basketball player. He's reportedly a really good athlete and in JUCO they moved him to OLB. He was on injured reserve last year and coming back the staff evidently thought his best opportunity to get on the field now was at TE so this is his shot. I'm wishing him well. I've got 2 freshmen on offense and 3 on defense and the reason is simply because I think they could be more talented than the alternatives and, as demonstrated in an earlier post today, we don't have a problem playing and even starting talented freshmen. The stars are from my "who liked them best" analysis. jmo.

View attachment 288525
That is exciting!

Reactions: ChattaTNVol
Anyone have recommendations for a nice outdoor family outing for a family with 1,4,6, and 7 year old boys who love adventures? Maybe a kid friendly waterfall or a rope bridge, old structure to explore, etc. I’ll have to carry the baby. 2-hr radius around Nashville.
South Cumberland State Park Screenshot_20200623-235454_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20200623-235459_Chrome.jpg

Honestly, Burgess Falls or Fall Creek Falls are two of the best anywhere combining families and natural beauty.

For Fall Creek Falls, park at the nature center for a nice 1.5 round trip hike to the main falls. Honestly, it’s my favorite park hands down, but Burgess is closer.

I've been working on my lineup for this year, Pruitt guys only. Anyway, I'm going with what may be the most talented guys for their position. I've got Thomas on the DL because Pruitt said we were going to start him outside and right now he's my best bet to have a Barnett or Tuttle type freshman season. I've got Jordan Allen at TE because the reason for the move there was he was a receiver in high school (17 TDs) and a basketball player. He's reportedly a really good athlete and in JUCO they moved him to OLB. He was on injured reserve last year and coming back the staff evidently thought his best opportunity to get on the field now was at TE so this is his shot. I'm wishing him well. I've got 2 freshmen on offense and 3 on defense and the reason is simply because I think they could be more talented than the alternatives and, as demonstrated in an earlier post today, we don't have a problem playing and even starting talented freshmen. The stars are from my "who liked them best" analysis. jmo.

View attachment 288525
hb at qb?!

👀😂😭😂😂 quit it @drvenner he literally walked past this “rope” for going on almost a year and never raised a concern once but when he does it wasn’t because he seen it with his very own eyes..that is a concern especially when you factor in everything he has been saying own Twitter eating up the attention..

View attachment 288510

From interviews the guy seems like a jerk but don't think it was intentional, at least by him.
He hadn't walked by the rope for a year, this was their 1st time at Talladega this year. Each garage is different.
Seems like incompetence from everyone. I mean everyone.
Even the guy that made it a "pull down"

Unless he didn't have legs, you would have to lay on the floor to close the door with that handle😅

Not even exaggerating

bubba-wallce-noose-hoax-2.jpg

"Real American heroes...here's to you garage door closer guy".

Last edited:
From interviews the guy seems like a jerk but don't think it was intentional, at least by him.
He hadn't walked by the rope for a year, this was their 1st time at Talladega this year. Each garage is different.
Seems like incompetence from everyone. I mean everyone.
Even the guy that made it a "pull down"

Unless he didn't have legs, you would have to lay on the floor to close the door with that handle😅

Not even exaggerating

View attachment 288571

"Real American heroes...here's to you garage door closer guy".

Imagine the FBI agent assigned to this case. In Zoolander voice: “What is this? A noose for Ants?!”

Last edited:
That should've been the moment. The moment we announced to college football that we were finally back.

Alas, here we are five years later, still waiting on the moment. Time will tell.

More proof that our coach was not capable of coaching. After that, Paul F. said the Butch was not an SEC caliber coach. I guess even a dog gets it correct sometimes.

Wallace never actually saw it. It was someone on his team that saw it. And then reported it.

that's what he said originally, then went on CNN last night saying he has and seen pictures....so he has lied about "seeing" it too.

He should have just said, my bad and apologized, but he is going all in on this with all his left wing media interviews. Jussie did the same thing.

So it was there since Oct?!?!

I guess it helped start a conversation but man what a snafu.
Bubba is not lookin' too good on the news this morning. He's still trying to spin the rope as a noose even though he said he never saw the rope. Pictures of the rope, on the garage door, paint the real picture. Just a rope that's used to pull the door down. We use the exact same type of rope to pull our garage door down at the maintenance barn. Bubba is a really good driver in NASCAR but he's caught in a no win situation right now. The media just needs to move on to the next story now.

Last edited:
Bubba is not lookin' too good on the news this morning. He's still trying to spin the rope as a noose even though he said he never saw the rope. Pictures of the rope. on the garage door. paint the real picture. Just a rope that's used to pull the door down. We use the exact same type of rope to pull our garage door down at the maintenance barn. Bubba is a really good driver in NASCAR but he's caught in a no win situation right now. The media just needs to move on to the next story now.
They cant if Bubba wants to keep doing interviews with his false claims.

Reactions: UTSuave’
Good morning, since SNAFU has been embraced by VN, figured that I could add to the VN acronym lexicon:

BOHICA

Bend
Over
Here
It
Comes
Again

This one is especially for those with BVS. We just finished a decade of Bohica...

FUBAR is widely known but almost applied to our football program:

F’ed
Up
Beyond
All
Recognition

Or my twist which also applies FUBAD:

F’ed
Up
By
Athletic
Director

With each event during our decade of depression, repeatedly appropriate
would be TARFU:
Things
Are
Really
F’ed
Up

Then for when a poster asks how it’s going to catch up, there’s SUSFU:

Situation
Unchanged,
Still
F’ed
Up

This acronym PSA has been brought to you by the newly entered VN Decade of Dominance. With the sincere hope that these acronyms can only be applied to past events as they pertain to the Tennessee Football Program.

Alright well I’ve lived here for 25 - so I win!!!
I have lived and/or spent significant amounts of time in pretty much every state in the Southeast US outside of FL and Alabama.

TN, Arkansas, and Kentucky are my favorite states in that order. Those three states are very similar, you get mountains, hill land, and flat delta areas. You can find beauty in all of them if you are willing to look for it. The only area in the southeast that really just doesn't do it for me, is the deep south pine belt...

South Carolina was by far my least favorite state to live in. Followed by Louisiana.

Yep. any kid from Ridgeland has to be tough to survive. Rough area. That size and strength will be good to have at DE. USCe had a DE from that came from that same Bluffton high school recently - Blackshear.

Dude is a bolder!! I love having 6ft 5 DE’s and DT’s

When it’s FOOTBALL TIME IN TENNESSEE –

The reports last year were that we had around 7,000 more fans show up for the BYU game than were at Neyland for the GSU loss. We’re like Timex fans, we take a licking and keep on ticking. Granted the actual crowd size isn’t always measuring up to the “announced” crowd size but still our crowds are larger than most stadium capacities in football. It just looks so much more amazing when it is actually full and our atmosphere is at peak performance.

In all of college football last year attendance for games as reported by the NCAA was 47,537,702 and that includes everything, home games, neutral site games, bowl games, and playoff games, for all divisions. The FBS portion of that number was 36,831,692. The SEC portion of that number was 7,417,759. The combined total of home, road, and neutral site attendance for Tennessee’s games in 2019 was 1,055,406 and 702,912 of that was at Neyland. Our average home attendance was 87,864 as “announced”. The average money spent for attendance by an SEC fan for college football is around $1,212 not including any hotel cost. This is for the season so theoretically, Tennessee fans, even without filling the stadium to capacity, might be spending around $106,491,168 to attend games at Neyland every year. The average cost for the season for those staying in hotels is $4,232 and since some people do do that there’s even more money being spent. Tennessee has one of the best “traveling” fanbases in the history of any sport.

A May 2016 report conducted by Tripp Umbach, a national leader in economic impact research and analysis, found Vols football has a $355.7 million annual economic impact on Knox County. Hotels see $73.9 million in annual effects from UT football, while restaurants and bars get $82.5 million, according to the study. According to the study, 2,611 local jobs result directly from UT football’s impact, and another 1,210 jobs come from its secondary effects. Knox County residents spend an average of $55 on football game days, while visitors from out of state are likely to spend $308, according to the study. That translates to $18.6 million in state and local taxes, not counting ticket sales.

It is unclear what portion of revenue would be lost if the college football season was affected by the coronavirus, which led to the cancellation of spring sports across the country and halted winter NCAA championships. Ticket sales, game day revenues such as parking and concessions, bowl game payouts and similar sources would likely be wiped out.

Football accounts for at least 67% of all athletic department revenue at Tennessee and that revenue can essentially be split into three broad streams, ticket sales, contributions, and media rights. Those revenue streams each produce about 30% +/- 2% or so of the total.

Around 50% of fans attending college football are under the age of 35. About 43% are age 35-64 and only about 7% are in the age group 65+.

college-football-attendance-by-age-group-and-income-group.png

There’s a weird and somewhat unpredictable psychology going around right now. I’m not sure what to expect when it comes to how all this plays out. This is a table from TDPH this morning on the effects of the virus by age group here in the state. Again, I’m not sure how the psychology is going to play out but for the vast majority of those who attend college football games the fatality rate appears to be extremely small.

ScreenHunter 455.png

There seems to be a climate of fear fostered among some but my take is that many younger segments in the population aren't buying in. I think most older people, those in vulnerable demographics, are probably, as best they can, taking the appropriate and wise safety precautions. I'm just not sure how this is going to play out. I think many younger people will likely still show up for the games, assuming they are played, while a certain portion of older people may stay home and catch the games on TV. I'm pretty sure if we play, it's not going to be a situation where one size fits all with regards to how fans will respond.

Having said that, I tend to believe if we are 3-0 when Florida comes to Rocky Top, Neyland will likely be at maximum capacity and rocking like crazy. jmo.

I have lived and/or spent significant amounts of time in pretty much every state in the Southeast US outside of FL and Alabama.

TN, Arkansas, and Kentucky are my favorite states in that order. Those three states are very similar, you get mountains, hill land, and flat delta areas. You can find beauty in all of them if you are willing to look for it. The only area in the southeast that really just doesn't do it for me, is the deep south pine belt...

South Carolina was by far my least favorite state to live in. Followed by Louisiana.
Georgia and North Carolina also have everything TN, Arkansas and Kentucky have...plus the Atlantic coast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back