New roster measurements

That weight seems to validate the speculation that he's the one that's had the Rona.

I’d say it doesn’t really. It would if he was over covid but the player just tested positive. Seems extremely unlikely there are getting an official weight for Utsports while he’s quarantined

I think Barnes has a reputation for listing actual heights and not giving players an extra inch or two. So if this is right Anosike is taller than I thought. Also Walkers measurements make me think he may be able to get some minutes as a true freshman. Springer is thick. And as Bruin mentioned, not sure how Pember grew an inch but lost 17 pounds with the resources UT has in strength and conditioning. That does not bode well for Pember imo.

Agree with all this. Anosike and Walker are both about 2" taller than I expected. Springer has excellent, NBA size. And wtf is up with Pember, yikes. Overall though we have a lot of length at every position.

Reactions: sport3500
Wouldn't it make more sense to consider that an exception to the rule?

I’d say if these weights are indeed accurate only gaining 3 LBs wouldn’t be the norm for a kid they clearly adding weight was a goal.

I have been saying for awhile now that covid is going to make normal gains in development much harder to achieve and imo this is an example of that. Being away from campus 3 months isn’t a way to see gains in weight and strength with that body type

I’d say it doesn’t really. It would if he was over covid but the player just tested positive. Seems extremely unlikely there are getting an official weight for Utsports while he’s quarantined

Tested and active or first time tested and it's positive that the player has had it? Also, was the report that the player was tested positive while actually on campus? The training staff could instruct a player that's not even on campus yet to quarantine in place. I wish they'd just announce the name. There really shouldn't be a stigma related to Rona positive.

Also, was the report that the player was tested positive while actually on campus? .
I was wondering that when everyone was posting it couldn’t be SV. Seems to me it’s very possible it’s one of the players not yet on campus or at least that would make sense

I’d say if these weights are indeed accurate only gaining 3 LBs wouldn’t be the norm for a kid they clearly adding weight was a goal.

I have been saying for awhile now that covid is going to make normal gains in development much harder to achieve and imo this is an example of that. Being away from campus 3 months isn’t a way to see gains in weight and strength with that body type
That's true, they haven't had access to their usual resources, so that definitely affects it. Another reason to not expect something like 10 lbs.

With Gaines's physique, how the hell were you guys expecting him to add 10 lbs in three months???

If we are talking 3 months, and not 12, then maybe this is not so concerning, but I would have expected some good weight gains. I guess the chroneys situation has not been ideal (as expected). Maybe it is just good that they did not gain bad weight (trying to look on the bright side).

So, we have some good height on this team, and Drew Pember has his work cut out for him. Those are my take aways. I also wish Fulkerson and Gaines could add 10 pounds before the season starts.

If we are talking 3 months, and not 12, then maybe this is not so concerning, but I would have expected some good weight gains. I guess the chroneys situation has not been ideal (as expected). Maybe it is just good that they did not gain bad weight (trying to look on the bright side).

So, we have some good height on this team, and Drew Pember has his work cut out for him. Those are my take aways. I also wish Fulkerson and Gaines could add 10 pounds before the season starts.
I was hoping for a little more Fulky weight gain as well going into the season. He, Pember and Gaines probably have the same high metabolism/body type that makes adding weight difficult. I had that at one time and then 40 hit.

Reactions: tn4elvis
Not sure why so many are over reacting to the low weight gains for Gaines and others. It’s June. The kids have been on there own trying to gain weight. Some don’t have the resources to do so. There’s 5 months till the season. These numbers will change now that they are back on campus with trainers and nutrition.

Y’all gotta realize these kids haven’t been in the weight room working out like they normally do. They fact he gained 3 pounds on his own with no weight program is good. He will gain some now that they are working out all the time.

Reactions: sport3500
I was hoping for a little more Fulky weight gain as well going into the season. He, Pember and Gaines probably have the same high metabolism/body type that makes adding weight difficult. I had that at one time and then 40 hit.

I can gain weight any time I want to now, but in my teens it was practically impossible, at least with my limited knowledge of nutrition and weight training.

VN Store

Back