New roster measurements

bleedingTNorange

Heck it’s so slow with everything going on, figured this warranted its own thread...

Old/New

Davonte Gaines 6’7” 178lbs/6’7” 181lbs
Drew Pember 6’9” 207lbs/6’10” 190lbs
Josiah Jordan-James 6’6” 208lbs/6’6” 207lbs
John Fulkerson 6’9” 212lbs/6’9” 215lbs
Victor Bailey Jr. 6’4” 186lbs/6’4” 179lbs
Olivier Nkahmoua 6’8” 224lbs/ 6’8” 223lbs
Santiago Vescovi 6’3” 188lbs/6’3” 188lbs
Uros Plavsic 7’ 240lbs/7’ 240lbs
Yves Pons 6’6” 215lbs/6’6” 215lbs

EJ Anosike 6’7” 245lbs
Keon Johnson 6’5” 186lbs
Jaden Springer 6’4” 204lbs
Corey Walker Jr. 6’8” 219lbs

I think Barnes has a reputation for listing actual heights and not giving players an extra inch or two. So if this is right Anosike is taller than I thought. Also Walkers measurements make me think he may be able to get some minutes as a true freshman. Springer is thick. And as Bruin mentioned, not sure how Pember grew an inch but lost 17 pounds with the resources UT has in strength and conditioning. That does not bode well for Pember imo.

Reactions: sport3500
I think Barnes has a reputation for listing actual heights and not giving players an extra inch or two. So if this is right Anosike is taller than I thought. Also Walkers measurements make me think he may be able to get some minutes as a true freshman. Springer is thick. And as Bruin mentioned, not sure how Pember grew an inch but lost 17 pounds with the resources UT has in strength and conditioning. That does not bode well for Pember imo.
Yea the fact Anosike is 6’7” 245lbs and Grant Williams was listed at 6’7” 236lbs definitely gives more hope that he will be just fine at this level.

Exactly, and Plavsic is still listed at 240! You’d think he should bulk up a little. Should we be concerned?
Plavsic and Vescovi have not returned to the states, yet, I don't believe, so I doubt those are their actual measurements since they are both listed at the exact same height and weight. They haven't been here to be verified, so I'd guess those numbers are just copy/pasted as placeholders until they get official numbers.

@cncchris33 this is from VQ
Plavsic and Vescovi are still not on campus. Both have decided to wait until at least after July 4th before returning. In talking to some people I don't think that's really influenced by any Covid-19 fears, rather I think it's a reflection of the fact that both of them probably feel like they're able to get in more skill work at home, working with trainers and playing pick up than they would on campus.
As things stand now guys on the team can't share basketballs, so there's no pick-up being played. They're just lifting weights and getting up shots up on their own. So IMHO I think Vescovi and Uros feel like they'd rather wait and continue the training regimens that both are in at home under more relaxed conditions.

I find it hard to believe that Pember’s weight is correct unless he lost a limb. No way he could lose 17 pounds.

Also am disappointed if Gaines only gained 3 pounds. I was hoping to see a 10 pound weight game.

Reactions: sport3500
I find it hard to believe that Pember’s weight is correct unless he lost a limb. No way he could lose 17 pounds.

Also am disappointed if Gaines only gained 3 pounds. I was hoping to see a 10 pound weight game.
Looking at these pictures it looks like the weight is correct for both.

I'm seeing some names on the current roster that I don't recognize.
i.e.:

Kent Gilbert (guard)
Cole Morris (forward) and
Isaiah Sulack (guard)

Who are these guys?

Plavsic and Vescovi have not returned to the states, yet, I don't believe, so I doubt those are their actual measurements since they are both listed at the exact same height and weight. They haven't been here to be verified, so I'd guess those numbers are just copy/pasted as placeholders until they get official numbers.[/QUOTE

Makes sense.

Pember lost 17 LBS

Dear gracious
In my mind this cannot be right if you grow the entire body 1 inch , how do you lose 17 lbs. First in order to actually grow you have to be eating and taking in lots of nutrients especially at the last years of the growth cycle.. He either didn't grow a inch or this is bogus.

Last edited:
Exactly, and Plavsic is still listed at 240! You’d think he should bulk up a little. Should we be concerned?
Muscle vs. Fat are two different things, you can lose bad weight and gain good weight without really changing your total weight.

VN Store

Back