Football isn’t happening...

Its funny how some of you guys act so big and bad and cry about your freedom and how we all should have the freedom to do whatever we want to do, but get pissed off and put down everyone that isn't doing what you think they should do.

I ask a 2 word question and you've got me crawling back in a bomb shelter. Lol.

Howler monkey.
Not a howler monkey. Just tired of the idiocy. If someone is so afraid to actually live, what other choice is there. I live what I believe and I trust in a higher power to provide. I do not buy the hype. You are quick to put down those who are "Billy Bad Asses" who think they are tough. I am not saying I am tough, but I actually research what is important and don't fold when a media with an agenda push an idea. Look over time how the message and warnings have changed since February. Every time something comes up that questions the reality of this virus, the guidelines and story line alters to keep it relevant. I will state again, this is the first time in the recorded history of pandemics that the healthy population has been quarantined. Even during the black plague, the only quarantined the ones who caught the virus. The TB scourge didn't have the entire country locked up and church services deemed a crime. You and I have had healthy debates before and I don't understand why this one you have decided to take as if it is a personal attack on you.

I have made my stance very plain as to why I feel the way I do, please reciprocate. This country is being systematically destroyed and our precious freedoms seriously threatened like never before.

Not a howler monkey. Just tired of the idiocy. If someone is so afraid to actually live, what other choice is there. I live what I believe and I trust in a higher power to provide. I do not buy the hype. You are quick to put down those who are "Billy Bad Asses" who think they are tough. I am not saying I am tough, but I actually research what is important and don't fold when a media with an agenda push an idea. Look over time how the message and warnings have changed since February. Every time something comes up that questions the reality of this virus, the guidelines and story line alters to keep it relevant. I will state again, this is the first time in the recorded history of pandemics that the healthy population has been quarantined. Even during the black plague, the only quarantined the ones who caught the virus. The TB scourge didn't have the entire country locked up and church services deemed a crime. You and I have had healthy debates before and I don't understand why this one you have decided to take as if it is a personal attack on you.

I have made my stance very plain as to why I feel the way I do, please reciprocate. This country is being systematically destroyed and our precious freedoms seriously threatened like never before.
Yea, I see what's going on, been watching it change gradually for over a half a century. I see people fighting for their freedoms and complaing because they don't like what some feel free to do. Nobody is gonna fix it complaining about it on a message board, all that can be done here is discuss it, and not many want to do that, they just want to insult others and call them names because they disagree on their idea of freedom.

Anyway, blah blah blah.

Reactions: njvols
Last edited:
Serious question to everyone in this thread wringing their hands about new cases in 18-22 yr old athletes - do you know what the CDC statistics show as the %'age which will be asymptomatic and what the mortality rate is for said group?

Reactions: allvol123
The same question can just as easily be posed to you, however, I don't care about changing your mind.
I just want unbiased data. George Floyd is the only person in the US that’s tested positive but CoVid is not what killed him.
I’d like to know how many people died with only CoVid as the single morbidity.
I’d like to know why we are still having outbreaks in nursing homes ( we know how catastrophic this is so why a greater measures not in place.
I’d like to know what percentage of positive cases are asymptotic from positive test through clear test.
Since these numbers continue to be masked, I can’t help but think we’re being fed a line

Yea, I see what's going on, been watching it change gradually for over a half a century. I see people fighting for their freedoms and complaing because they don't like what some feel free to do. Nobody is gonna fix it complaining about it on a message board, all that can be done here is discuss it, and not many want to do that, they just want to insult others and call them names because they disagree on their idea of freedom.

Anyway, blah blah blah.
Who did I insult? That's right...no one. Made my point and went on. You made yours and actually agree with you on what we think and say has no bearing on whether there is a football season. Those that make the decisions will cave to the media narrative (which i heavily disagree with) and there will be no season. Thats what I think happens. May be wrong, hope I am. We'll see.

Serious question to everyone in this thread wringing their hands about new cases in 18-22 yr old athletes - do you know what the CDC statistics show as the %'age which will be asymptomatic and what the mortality rate is for said group?
Yep. Which is why all of this is absurd.

Also, I haven't really looked at it, someome in here that follows it more than me can confirm, but I'm willing to bet the surge in positive tests across the country, in general, are likely coming from the same group or at least the younger generation with all the testing going on now.

Politics aside for a moment, is Trey Smith considered high risk?

I'm sure this has already been discussed but didn't his clots form around the lungs?

I just want unbiased data. George Floyd is the only person in the US that’s tested positive but CoVid is not what killed him.
I’d like to know how many people died with only CoVid as the single morbidity.
I’d like to know why we are still having outbreaks in nursing homes ( we know how catastrophic this is so why a greater measures not in place.
I’d like to know what percentage of positive cases are asymptotic from positive test through clear test.
Since these numbers continue to be masked, I can’t help but think we’re being fed a line

This all day. And consistency as to what the goal is.

The original goal if everyone can remember was to "flatten the curve" so as to not overwhelm medical facilities. That was the goal.

Now, as others have pointed out, no one anywhere can get COVID-19.

Anyway, blah blah blah.
I have called no one a name. Your response to my statement about don't buy the hype was essentially "or what". I did not say "Behr" before my statement, just gave the only alternative if someone doesn't feel safe from this "pandemic". I express my opinion whenever the opportunity arises that I can. You are correct, it can't be corrected on a message board, but society placing its collective head in the sand won't make it go away. If you have watched the country decay over the last 50 years and are ok with it, more power to it. But please remember, freedom of speech isn't just for the slogan of the day. If all opinions are not freely spoken, mob mentality rules. When some group or government begins to trample on the freedom of others to put out their message, they are no better then the "system" they are protesting against. Fighting hate with hate, violence with violence and racism with racism will NEVER bring about a better world. Only one thing can. A quote from the advertisement of one of the more interesting of the seemingly limitless candidates in the race for Phil Roe's Senate seat speaks volumes:

Opening a business is a crime......but burning down a business isn't
Having dinner with your neighbor is a crime.....but beating up your neighbor isn't
Attending a church service with more than 10 people is a crime.....but thousands of protesters marching together isn't

and if you find that wrong, you are a racist and want to kill Grandma.

Liquor stores and cannabis stores deemed "essential" businesses while places of worship are not
Hundreds of shoppers in Walmarts and big chain grocery stores is OK, but 10 people in a mom and pop store is not
In Bristol, the virus seemed to only be viable on the VA side center street, because the ones on the TN side was too strong for the virus?

This is something that I am very opinionated on, but am not going to change those who wish to live and fear and don't want to bore those that intend of living life to the fullest.

'nuf said...I am out.

Yep. Which is why all of this is absurd.

Also, I haven't really looked at it, someome in here that follows it more than me can confirm, but I'm willing to bet the surge in positive tests across the country, in general, are likely coming from the same group or at least the younger generation with all the testing going on now.
In reality, the surge is coming from the vast increase in testing. There are a huge number of people that are testing positive that were asymptomatic so didn't come forward for the voluntary testing.

Reactions: BigOrangeFanatic
I read the same headline and think exactly the opposite.

Good on Clemson, they're building up herd immunity faster than most.

As the article said:

It's just mid-June. By mid-July, they may be approaching 100% immunity. Almost certainly by mid-August. By the first game of the season, they'll be ready to begin an entire football season free of worry.

This isn't a story about how football in 2020 is doomed. It's a story about the best way to ensure the season goes off without a hitch.

We should all be doing a Clemson. Only protect and isolate lads like Trey Smith who are vulnerable to possible effects of the disease. Once all his teammates have had it and gotten the anti-bodies, he's free to move among them like any other team mate, because...herd immunity.

I have to say, I thought the same thing. I couldn’t help but wonder if these schools aren’t “getting it out if the way,” developing herd immunity and making sure players will be done with it by kickoff

Reactions: VFL-82-JP
You seriously think NPR is all news, no opinion! Must be a different set of hosts than I have listened to. It is funny how their unbiased look at things seem to mirror a certain point of view as expressed in the general media.
Yep, just give the facts. Some people have trouble with the facts and forming their own opinion, they need an entertainment channel that enforces their point of view.

For college-aged kids, particularly kids in the physical shape that these football players are in, this virus is somewhere between a cold and a mild flu. They’ll be fine with some milk and vitamins inside a week.

Stop watching CNN and other fake news outlets and you’ll be less inclined to panic.

But I will add, liberals are perfectly willing to get a college football season canceled in hopes of hurting Trump’s re-election. Don’t let them succeed!
100% correct on that post.They definitely want to keep the country shut down to benefit the political agenda they want to push.After listening to Trump last night.I was almost giddy thinking about Biden on stage with him in a debate.It will be ugly.Trump spoke for one hour and fifty minutes. Biden cant put two sentences together even using a teleprompter.

Assuming for the moment this is the case. How exactly do they do “no football”? Do scholarship players get an extra year of eligibility? How do you handle the incoming classes? Expand rosters to 105 for 2021? Do they let teams out of their home and home obligation? How, just call it bad luck, through a payout, split the gate of the game actually paid? Do coaches get their full salary? Do the networks have to pay for games they do not play? That’s like $200,000,000 in play just for SEC games for 2020. Do the advertisers have to pay the networks? Who takes the financial hit for this, the schools and conferences, the networks, a chunk of pain for everyone? Do officials and support staff get paid? Do you lay-off the AD staff? There are 100 more questions I haven't even thought of.

I have called no one a name. Your response to my statement about don't buy the hype was essentially "or what". I did not say "Behr" before my statement, just gave the only alternative if someone doesn't feel safe from this "pandemic". I express my opinion whenever the opportunity arises that I can. You are correct, it can't be corrected on a message board, but society placing its collective head in the sand won't make it go away. If you have watched the country decay over the last 50 years and are ok with it, more power to it. But please remember, freedom of speech isn't just for the slogan of the day. If all opinions are not freely spoken, mob mentality rules. When some group or government begins to trample on the freedom of others to put out their message, they are no better then the "system" they are protesting against. Fighting hate with hate, violence with violence and racism with racism will NEVER bring about a better world. Only one thing can. A quote from the advertisement of one of the more interesting of the seemingly limitless candidates in the race for Phil Roe's Senate seat speaks volumes:

Opening a business is a crime......but burning down a business isn't
Having dinner with your neighbor is a crime.....but beating up your neighbor isn't
Attending a church service with more than 10 people is a crime.....but thousands of protesters marching together isn't

and if you find that wrong, you are a racist and want to kill Grandma.

Liquor stores and cannabis stores deemed "essential" businesses while places of worship are not
Hundreds of shoppers in Walmarts and big chain grocery stores is OK, but 10 people in a mom and pop store is not
In Bristol, the virus seemed to only be viable on the VA side center street, because the ones on the TN side was too strong for the virus?

This is something that I am very opinionated on, but am not going to change those who wish to live and fear and don't want to bore those that intend of living life to the fullest.

'nuf said...I am out.

I’m a Christian and can tell you the difference between a worship service and a liquor store. One normally has a gathering of 50+ people (and many more at big churches) and services last 45+ minutes. A liquor store has maybe 10-15 people in it at a time, and customers are out in less than 10 minutes (mostly less than that). This is just logic- it’s not necessarily about your beliefs in this case. Our church just started back, and last week’s attendance was virtually nothing. This is a church of between 3500-4000 members. That tells you what the congregation thinks about sitting together for an hour.

A mom and pop shop could be open if they were selling essential goods like Walmart, so I’m not sure what that point is about. Bed, Bath, and Beyond wasn’t open. Old Navy wasn’t open. There were big brands that closed for a while.

We probably have more in common than we do different, but some of the outrage over this is a little comical to me. People don’t want to be told what to do, but people also have a difficult time being selfless. We are a pretty selfish society, and we will do what we want.

I’m actually an attorney and don’t believe we’ve “lost freedoms.” I can still come and go as I please. Sure, I can’t watch sports now, but that certainly isn’t a constitutional right. It will all be back, I promise. It’s been a strange 3 months, and there has been no shortage of opinions.

Assuming for the moment this is the case. How exactly do they do “no football”? Do scholarship players get an extra year of eligibility? How do you handle the incoming classes? Expand rosters to 105 for 2021? Do they let teams out of their home and home obligation? How, just call it bad luck, through a payout, split the gate of the game actually paid? Do coaches get their full salary? Do the networks have to pay for games they do not play? That’s like $200,000,000 in play just for SEC games for 2020. Do the advertisers have to pay the networks? Who takes the financial hit for this, the schools and conferences, the networks, a chunk of pain for everyone? Do officials and support staff get paid? Do you lay-off the AD staff? There are 100 more questions I haven't even thought of.

These are all A+ questions and, like you said, there are countless more that would need to be answered if there's no season. No football absolutely guarantees that you don't see any other fall sports, and it's hard to envision a scenario in which winter sports occur just several months later; if you're losing out on the revenue generated by football/basketball/hockey, how do you pay for the sustainment of other sports that unquestionably operate in the red?

Schools like Tennessee would be fine, I suppose, but no football would certainly snowball into an unmitigated disaster for many G5 (and some P5) athletics departments.

Yep, just give the facts. Some people have trouble with the facts and forming their own opinion, they need an entertainment channel that enforces their point of view.
Again, I use media outlets as sources of items to research. I have an extensive library of actual reference BOOKS that give historical reference to a current situation. Then I actually use my computer to find information from ALL sources. Then I actually form my own opinion on a subject, not blindly have the opinion I am told I should have. You have a mind, use it.

Reactions: lifeisdeep
I’m a Christian and can tell you the difference between a worship service and a liquor store. One normally has a gathering of 50+ people (and many more at big churches) and services last 45+ minutes. A liquor store has maybe 10-15 people in it at a time, and customers are out in less than 10 minutes (mostly less than that). This is just logic- it’s not necessarily about your beliefs in this case. Our church just started back, and last week’s attendance was virtually nothing. This is a church of between 3500-4000 members. That tells you what the congregation thinks about sitting together for an hour.

A mom and pop shop could be open if they were selling essential goods like Walmart, so I’m not sure what that point is about. Bed, Bath, and Beyond wasn’t open. Old Navy wasn’t open. There were big brands that closed for a while.

We probably have more in common than we do different, but some of the outrage over this is a little comical to me. People don’t want to be told what to do, but people also have a difficult time being selfless. We are a pretty selfish society, and we will do what we want.

I’m actually an attorney and don’t believe we’ve “lost freedoms.” I can still come and go as I please. Sure, I can’t watch sports now, but that certainly isn’t a constitutional right. It will all be back, I promise. It’s been a strange 3 months, and there has been no shortage of opinions.
I appreciate your opinion. I am sorry about your church not meeting until recently. Mine couldn’t wait to have service and a good number of members are septuagenarians. The nearly three hundred have had services ever since the ban was lifted. As to your statement about liquor stores, what qualifies it as “essential”. Don’t get me wrong, in my youth I visited them more than I should have. Going there is a choice, not a necessity.

Reactions: lifeisdeep

VN Store

Back