There are great players, and then there are STARS.......

Derek Barnett tied or beat whites sack record.
Reggie White spent alot of time as a DT. Derek was a full time DE. It makes a difference. Add to that, Reggie could completely take away one side of the field, from an offense. Derek, not so much. But, he definitely deserves a mention.

No Eric Berry? List is officially dead to me. And the fact that you haven't addressed it increases your lack of credibility
Sorry, Eric is a great. But, he's not even the best DB we've had, or the best kick/punt returner.

Maybe I should have went with my top 27. 11 offense, 11 defense +NB, K, P, PR, KR.
QB: Peyton Manning
RB: Jamal Lewis
FB: Greg Amsler
WR: Stanley Morgan
WR: Carl Pickens
TE: Jason Witten
LT: Charles McRae
LG: Harry Galbreath
C: Bob Johnson
RG: Chad Clifton
RT: Antone Davis

P: Craig Colquitt
PR: Cameron Sutton
K: Fuad Reveiz
KR: Willie Gault

DE: Doug Atkins
DT: John Henderson
DT: Albert Haynesworth
DE: Reggie White
OLB: Jackie Walker
MLB: Al Wilson
OLB: Leonard Little
CB: Roland James
CB: Eric Berry
SS: Bill Bates
FS: Dale Carter
NB: Jabari Greer

CP84 is one of the most explosive athletes I've seen in any college uniform. More of a KR than a PR, but I'd put him there over Sutton. First team SEC, 3x pro bowl, 3x first team all NFL...

CP84 is one of the most explosive athletes I've seen in any college uniform. More of a KR than a PR, but I'd put him there over Sutton. First team SEC, 3x pro bowl, 3x first team all NFL...
Its really a win-win-win, whether you choose CP, WG, or EB to return KO's. But, for PR, and open field, making the first couple dudes miss, Terry Fair, Morgan, Sutton.........you can't really go wrong.

Herschel Walker debunks the Bill Bates theory
Wrong, that was only one play out of many. I saw the play and at the time I thought, when this guy gets turned down field no one player is gonna stop him. I think I was right for the most part. Bye the way, am I the only one who "heard" a moment of silence when that play ended? Not just because "they" scored a TD, but just for the "play".

Reactions: preacherrandy
Maybe I should have went with my top 27. 11 offense, 11 defense +NB, K, P, PR, KR.
QB: Peyton Manning
RB: Jamal Lewis
FB: Greg Amsler
WR: Stanley Morgan
WR: Carl Pickens
TE: Jason Witten
LT: Charles McRae
LG: Harry Galbreath
C: Bob Johnson
RG: Chad Clifton
RT: Antone Davis

P: Craig Colquitt
PR: Cameron Sutton
K: Fuad Reveiz
KR: Willie Gault

DE: Doug Atkins
DT: John Henderson
DT: Albert Haynesworth
DE: Reggie White
OLB: Jackie Walker
MLB: Al Wilson
OLB: Leonard Little
CB: Roland James
CB: Eric Berry
SS: Bill Bates
FS: Dale Carter
NB: Jabari Greer

Really like this lineup.

Any list without Henderson and Eric Berry should be deleted. Berry was one of the most dangerous players in NCAA football. Henderson was the Outland winner once and runner up the next year to Bryant McKinney who was on the #1 ranked Miami team. First Team All-american 2x.
Unfortunately, the thing that hurt EB was Monte Kiffin. He tried to fit him into his Tampa 2 scheme and it was a bad fit. Completely destroyed his last year. Another victim if the lane plague.

Reactions: Bennessee01
Kbeard01,that was Paul Naumoff.Steve was a freshman and freshmen weren't able to play varsity until their sophomore year.Was.at the game and he flat stoned him.Syracuse's other back was Floyd Little. Not a bad backfield.Gator Bowl 1966.

Kbeard01,that was Paul Naumoff.Steve was a freshman and freshmen weren't able to play varsity until their sophomore year.Was.at the game and he flat stoned him.Syracuse's other back was Floyd Little. Not a bad backfield.Gator Bowl 1966.
Paul Neumoff, the long time MLB for the Detroit Lions. Wasn't he in that Alan Alda movie, where he was in the Lion's training camp? Paper Lions? or some damn thing?

Darryl Hardy
Shazzon Bradley

I would gladly put these two BMF’s on my team!

Willie Gault. .Too bad the kick return has been castrated cause guys like him and Berry could really change games in a hurry

Unfortunately, the thing that hurt EB was Monte Kiffin. He tried to fit him into his Tampa 2 scheme and it was a bad fit. Completely destroyed his last year. Another victim if the lane plague.
He was still a Jim Thorpe winner and a two time All-american. They hurt his stats but I think they used him in a way that they had to cover up huge holes in the defense. They literally had him where he could be in two places at once.

Loved Reynolds and Walker but no Steve Kiner, really?
Steve Kiner (1999) - Hall of Fame - National Football Foundation

The Dickey era at Tennessee produced one All-American linebacker after another, but I always considered Kiner to be the very best of them. His performance against Alabama in 1969 was, in my opinion, superior even to Al Wilson's game vs. Florida in 1998. Kiner had "five sacks, 11 tackles with five assists, four quarterback hurries, an interception and a forced fumble" (Football).

Furthermore, Steve gets bonus points, in my mind, for the parting shot he fired at 'bama as he left the field that day. In the words of Tom Mattingly, "Tennessee linebacker Steve Kiner chastised Alabama players for not playing better for Bear Bryant in the 1969 game at Legion Field. Former Tennessee assistant coach Bob Davis was there on the sidelines when it happened. Tennessee was ahead 34-0, and coach Doug Dickey was getting his first-line defenders out of the game. 'They had a play that ended right in front of us,' Davis said. Before he came to the bench, Kiner screamed at the Alabama players. He pointed to Coach Bryant and said, 'Look over there at that poor old man. He looks pitiful. Can you see him? You've let him down. You should be ashamed of yourselves.'"

Other accounts also allege that Kiner added as a final stinging remark: "There was a time when those crimson jerseys meant something."

Pretty sure he got invited. Maybe I’m mixing it up with something else
There was a push for him in the preseason, but his stats his Jr year were not great and is campaign went nowhere. Preseason had a lot of hype though. Seven pics the previous year, set SEC record for int return yards 14 off national record, Thorpe finalist, Sec DPOY, unanimous All-american.Also got some time at QB, We and RB. It had a chance. The hype made sense.

Reactions: Berry4Heisman14

VN Store

Back