There are great players, and then there are STARS.......

He's got 31 career starts. One of the most experienced lineman in the country. You're kinda hard to impress.

I'm glad hes earned the respect of opposing SEC coaches and players with his 1st team all SEC selection. Also, seems like his college resume has NFL GMs wanting him as a high first round pick.

Munoz and Richardson weren't even drafted to the NFL. While above average college players, neither had a good enough college career to warrant being selected to play professionally.

It's ok to critique, especially when he was playing tackle early in his career, and because you're entitled to an opinion. But to watch him objectively at OG and not admit he's 10 times overall better OL than Munoz and Richardson is disingenuous. In fact, Juwan James was better than those two IMO....

Munoz and Richardson were both plenty good for the NFL Draft. Both were plagued w injury and it cost thier careers. Smith is a Guard and those 2 were tackles. Smith is better then both IMO bc of his ability to dominate run blocking.

Smith has the potential to be as good as the 2 best Vol OL in history IMO. That's Bruce Wilkerson and Aaron Sears for me.

Reactions: keenobserver
Never thought much of Leonard Little.

Dale Carter is one of the best athletes, I've ever seen. Like Eric Berry one of those rare guys that was like an extra linebacker defending the run, but could be a ball hawk and lay a receiver out when the other team decides to throw the ball. Usually a guy is clearly better at one compared to the other, but those two were exceptional at both.

The problem with Little was the '96 season where he was not nearly as disruptive (still had like 8 sacks). Fulmer screwed up moving Little from DE ('95) to LB ('96). His '97 season was much better than '96. But he was a terror in '95 off the edge.

I disagree wholeheartedly.

Me too. I’ve been a Vol fan since attending there in the late 80s. In my time watching, my money is on Deon Grant. A lot of great ones, no doubt, including EB, but DG is the best IMO.

Reactions: kbear01
Me too. I’ve been a Vol fan since attending there in the late 80s. In my time watching, my money is on Deon Grant. A lot of great ones, no doubt, including EB, but DG is the best IMO.
i don’t think deon is even close to EB but to each their own just glad they’re both VOLS

Reactions: kbear01
Richmond Flowers, Cosey Coleman, Ron Widby, Heath Shuler should be added. Bob Johnson was first team A-A an NFL pro bowler and in the NFL Hall of Fame. He was the top center in UT football history.

Reactions: VolinMC
Thats a strange way to spell Alvin Kamara, Eric Berry and Cordarrelle Patterson
AK never got the opportunity to showcase his skills so it's tough to include him. Berry is a shoe in. CP is debateable. Would you put him over Gault? I think I'd take CP due to his versatility. His talents were unmistakable. Truly a man amongst boys.

Yeah, but I am still angry about that late hit on Nebraska, that kept a drive alive, late. The huskers scored, and went on to win, 31-21.

VN Store

Back