There are great players, and then there are STARS.......

kbear01

A non-kool-aid drinking, Show me the results, VFL
In the nearly 50 years, that I've followed the Vols, there have been some truly great players and great teams. But, there are a select few, who have set themselves apart, and were Men Amongst Boys. I have named a few, below. Please comment, and add to the list.
1. Reggie White
2. Doug Atkins
3. Peyton Manning
4. Al Wilson
5. Leonard Little
6. Carl Pickens
7. Condredge Holloway
8. Jack Reynolds
9. Greg Amsler
10. Jason Witten
11. Kelly Washington
12. Charles McRae
13. Antone Davis
14. Trey Smith
15. Harry Galbreath
16. Jackie Walker
17. Jamal Lewis
18. Reggie Cobb
19. Stanley Morgan
20. Chuck Webb

Last edited:
Travis Henry, Tony Robinson, Albert Haynesworth and John Henderson want to know how Greg Amsler made the list.

Greg was a man amongst boys. Supremely talented, yet under used. Big, fast, great hands, agile and hostile. With the ball in his hands, or blocking, he was a terror.
Henderson yes. Haynesworth underachieved, everywhere he landed. He could've been a hall of famer. Tony, yes. Sad that his career was cut short. Jerry Colquitt could've been just as good. Think what he could've done, with that team of talent around him. That UCLA game ended alot of dreams.

Should Casey Clausen be on there?
Cut my list off at 20, with wife aggro. Casey was definitely a tough competitor, and a record setter. He carried us, after a butt-load of talent left for the NFL.

Washington not on my list. White.Manning,Majors, Atkins, Pickens....top 5
I understand. But, he was so far beyond the guys covering him, I think he took a few downs off. Kinda like Randy Moss. Not the best blocker, or team player. Ya might add Peterson to the list, as well. He just ran circles around fools.

Never thought much of Leonard Little.

Dale Carter is one of the best athletes, I've ever seen. Like Eric Berry one of those rare guys that was like an extra linebacker defending the run, but could be a ball hawk and lay a receiver out when the other team decides to throw the ball. Usually a guy is clearly better at one compared to the other, but those two were exceptional at both.

How could one not say Smith, a potential top 10 pick, isnt better than two players that never played in the NFL?
He hasn’t played that much and he gets beat more than people are willing to see. The other guys dominated college football. This isn’t about NFL careers is it? If it is I withdraw my comment

96930-6817586Fr.jpg

Seivers.............2X All-American.
1 of only 5 Tennessee players to be 2X consensus all-americans

Has to be on any list of all time greats

He hasn’t played that much and he gets beat more than people are willing to see. The other guys dominated college football. This isn’t about NFL careers is it? If it is I withdraw my comment

He's got 31 career starts. One of the most experienced lineman in the country. You're kinda hard to impress.

I'm glad hes earned the respect of opposing SEC coaches and players with his 1st team all SEC selection. Also, seems like his college resume has NFL GMs wanting him as a high first round pick.

Munoz and Richardson weren't even drafted to the NFL. While above average college players, neither had a good enough college career to warrant being selected to play professionally.

It's ok to critique, especially when he was playing tackle early in his career, and because you're entitled to an opinion. But to watch him objectively at OG and not admit he's 10 times overall better OL than Munoz and Richardson is disingenuous. In fact, Juwan James was better than those two IMO....

Last edited:

VN Store

Back