Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
i'm not against the players. and im not for the owners.

i just think there should be a line of demarcation about what probelms are really...problems.

and a baseball player making $50m.....he's making ish up if he's got a problem w/only making $50m while the owner's got a "b" next to his income.

cry me a river.

Not saying you’re for, or against, either group. I just most times find myself on the players’ side on issues is all. Prob just my bias from playing collegiately.

I agree, when the numbers are what they are, arguing over it seems futile. But even with that, I’d have a problem with an owner asking me to take a 75% pay cut when the team is expected to lose 40% of revenue max.

So, after medical evaluation it appears that high dose Vitamin D has no effect on COVID-19 prevention or treatment. However, an increased number of Vitamin D toxicity cases are being reported. (In the UK)

Also of note, mask preventing COVID-19 infection is down to approximately 50% success. (Was reported at 75% previously)

Just reporting what I just read in medical updates. Not my opinion, please don’t attack me 😳

It was never about treatment, and mostly not about prevention, but primarily about reduction in severity of outcomes. There is a ton of actual medical researchers making that claim, not me. This quote was from some researchers at MUSC:

"To be clear, neither these studies nor MUSC are suggesting that vitamin D cures or prevents COVID-19 infection. However, the body of prior and emerging scientific evidence would suggest that individuals with low vitamin D levels who contract COVID-19, including African Americans and elderly nursing home residents, might experience worse clinical outcomes than other groups with normal vitamin D levels."

I realize that every study looking at vitamin D levels is looking at association, and causation is much trickier to prove, but there does come a point where the pile of data gets too large to ignore, even for those who serve to gain financially by selling you a vaccine.

Not saying you’re for, or against, either group. I just most times find myself on the players’ side on issues is all. Prob just my bias from playing collegiately.

I agree, when the numbers are what they are, arguing over it seems futile. But even with that, I’d have a problem with an owner asking me to take a 75% pay cut when the team is expected to lose 40% of revenue max.
they'll all get over it.

i mean if you're talking about income levels less than $100k/year, yeah, i can see that being a "thing"...and it having a real affect on the employee.

just relative to what these folks are talking about from an income standpoint.....im' finding it hard to care.

at the end of the day, the owner is doing what he does...protect the business. and the union (not necessarily the player) is doing what it does, protect it's members.

neither side is particularly interested in the other's betterment, unless it affects the other's ability to continue on doing what it does anyway....lol.

neither side looks good in the public eye.

i don't disagree with any of that. i just hate the presentation of htis as if the players are being made to suffer, while the fat cat owners sit on high laughing at hte peasants (which they're doing of course).

if you want to get me interested in who's suffering, and who should be compensated from a sports franchise standpoint, it's gonna be the hot dog vendors or the souvenier vendors or the janitors that work in the staidum etc......while these yahoos fight over this, these people are the ones that actually need that help.

and your guy fisher...man, he's a peach in that department.........oof. that dude sucks.
I’m not referencing the set for life or until they manage to blow their fortune types. Moreso the players with undetermined futures who’ve spent their whole lives towards this and the setback/ramifications of others decisions. Also feel bad for the workers scrounging to get fans their treats while they seat, but it recalls a Seinfeld episode (crass alert), when George made a complaint at a restaurant and a busboy got fired. He tried to apologize at the guy’s apartment and accidentally let his cat out. He suffers guilt through this whole episode and then the busboy thanks him because he eventually got a better paying busboy gig and his cat came back. As he leaves, he gets into a shoving match with Elaine’s oaf guest and they both fall down the stairs and break multiple bones. Pans to their restaurant and Jerry tells a despondent George “He’s a busboy! He’ll find another job...he’s a busboy!” Think about that. 🤔

I’m not referencing the set for life or until they manage to blow their fortune types. Moreso the players with undetermined futures who’ve spent their whole lives towards this and the setback/ramifications of others decisions. Also feel bad for the workers scrounging to get fans their treats while they seat, but it recalls a Seinfeld episode (crass alert), when George made a complaint at a restaurant and a busboy got fired. He tried to apologize at the guy’s apartment and accidentally let his cat out. He suffers guilt through this whole episode and then the busboy thanks him because he eventually got a better paying busboy gig and his cat came back. As he leaves, he gets into a shoving match with Elaine’s oaf guest and they both fall down the stairs and break multiple bones. Pans to their restaurant and Jerry tells a despondent George “He’s a busboy! He’ll find another job...he’s a busboy!” Think about that. 🤔

I bet you tell good stories at parties

lol...good episode.

and yeah, again, in merit, agree. but right now, there's a bunch of bus boys out of work...and not a ton of jobs available to go get.....also agree about the undetermined futures. i find myself in a similar spot, kinda wondering/hoping how things may turn out down the road....my boss of almost 20 years across 2 different companies is set to retire, or was, next spring. plans in the works for me to replace him...nice job...like the job you set as being 'the goal' when you start out......so i've been doing the things necessary for hte past however many months....then this thing hits. people start losing jobs...and you start finding out how essential you reall are....so, selfishly really hoping things get to normal so i can pick up where i left off....realistically, even if plans stay in place, i'm pretty sure my boss is probably gonna have to extend his career a bit to try and recover some losses....

long story short, i get it on the undetermined future thing....can relate.

my only point was if you're (not you, the collective "you") going to grab your pitchfork and torch on this particular issue...it really shouldn't be in the name of the players/union..............they're problems are different.

that's all.

Reactions: Brillovol
Not even close to being on the same scale.

Owner of Angels net worth: $3.3 billion
Mike Trout estimated net worth: $50 million

Trout’s net worth will shoot up considerably as his new contract continues to pay him but the dude ain’t gonna be worth billions
While true, if the clubloses money or goes bankrupt it's not Trout that loses money and $50 mil ain't nothing to sneeze at and puts him in the richest people in the world.

Reactions: Brillovol
to me it’s simple. The players should get half (if 82 games played) their original salary and the owners need to lose the $ lost from ticket sales. It’s my belief that the revenue they have made over the past few years can easily cover this years losses.

The players careers are short and I think billionaires need to feel the hurt not the players. Jmo
As long as they pay full salaries to all the normies - security guards, concession people, grounds crew, etc, idgaf what millionaire baseball players or billion dollar owners make. I think they will be ok...

Reactions: hooter vol
lol...good episode.

and yeah, again, in merit, agree. but right now, there's a bunch of bus boys out of work...and not a ton of jobs available to go get.....also agree about the undetermined futures. i find myself in a similar spot, kinda wondering/hoping how things may turn out down the road....my boss of almost 20 years across 2 different companies is set to retire, or was, next spring. plans in the works for me to replace him...nice job...like the job you set as being 'the goal' when you start out......so i've been doing the things necessary for hte past however many months....then this thing hits. people start losing jobs...and you start finding out how essential you reall are....so, selfishly really hoping things get to normal so i can pick up where i left off....realistically, even if plans stay in place, i'm pretty sure my boss is probably gonna have to extend his career a bit to try and recover some losses....

long story short, i get it on the undetermined future thing....can relate.

my only point was if you're (not you, the collective "you") going to grab your pitchfork and torch on this particular issue...it really shouldn't be in the name of the players/union..............they're problems are different.

that's all.
When there’s a product to watch, people will need their hot dogs and beer.
- Plato prolly

While true, if the clubloses money or goes bankrupt it's not Trout that loses money and $50 mil ain't nothing to sneeze at and puts him in the richest people in the world.
Sure, but that is why owners, of all businesses, stand to make so much from equity stakes. It is the inherent risk that comes with capitalist ownership. There is certainly no guarantee from losses or bankruptcy.

Wilcoxson Shares Thoughts on Teams Taking Shots at Vols | RTI

👀😭😂😂😂😂 my man.

“According to Wilcoxson, his message to any highly-rated defensive prospect considering going to Oklahoma is “don’t go.” The four-star defensive back claimed that while the Sooners’ offense is always elite, their defense fails to impress year-in and year-out.
As for Georgia, Wilcoxson said the Bulldogs “always get top-notch talent” into the program, but they “always choke.” Per 247Sports, Georgia has claimed the No. 1 recruiting class in two of the last three cycles, and the Bulldogs have finished with a top-six class every year since the 2015 cycle. In that span, Georgia has had success for sure, winning the SEC East for three-straight seasons and appearing in the National Championship Game in 2017. But the Bulldogs have won the SEC outright just once in that stretch of time, losing to Alabama and LSU in 2018 and 2019, respectively.”

I’m pretty sure I have the mother of a student emailing me through her son’s email account telling me to fix his scheduling issues for this summer and next fall (very much not my job), and she also called the department and left messages with the departmental admin.

Helicopter parents are INSANE.

This is right after my department head emailed me to say that we are going to hybrid course delivery in the fall, which means I have to prepare both online and in-person versions of the same course. My old prof at UT said they’re toying with the same.

Helicopter Karens + Hybrid Courses + “fake concerned, but really just concerned enough to cover liability” administrators = there’d better be f@&$ing football next fall if I have to put up with much more of this bulls&$.

I’m about to go full @Ulysees E. McGill over here.

Last edited:

I hope ManUre can qualify for Europa.

images

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back