Another bad apple (George Floyd case)

The guy didn’t break the law or resist arrest?

For the actual, are you serious?

WHY IS THIS SO HARD?? Even if he did break the law, even if he did resist....he was on the ground, helpless, while a police officer had his knee on his neck. At that point, it is 100% on the officer. Anything before that is immaterial to the question of who is at fault for killing him. Literally, "don't take your foot off their throat" saying applies here. Jesus.

Reactions: tennvols77
Once again, the absolute brain dead logic of “this guy did something, he deserved to die”.

Who said he deserved to die? Did he not break the law or did the cops come out of nowhere and ambush him? People would rather say good riddance to all involved than try and have an actual discussion about it when nutjob trolls just constantly make up s*** and try to put words in peoples mouths.

Reactions: Rickyvol77
For the actual, are you serious?

WHY IS THIS SO HARD?? Even if he did break the law, even if he did resist....he was on the ground, helpless, while a police officer had his knee on his neck. At that point, it is 100% on the officer. Anything before that is immaterial to the question of who is at fault for killing him. Literally, "don't take your foot off their throat" saying applies here. Jesus.

And the cop was wrong and should be held accountable. It’s not a racial issue.

Reactions: tennvols77
Who said he deserved to die? Did he not break the law or did the cops come out of nowhere and ambush him? People would rather say good riddance to all involved than try and have an actual discussion about it when nutjob trolls just constantly make up s*** and try to put words in peoples mouths.

Here is the issue.

Imagine that was your son, or daughter, or wife, or hell...even your dog. Would you still be sitting here saying... "Well obviously the cop is at fault here, and I'm pissed, and upset, and this police officer deserves to be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law....but let's be clear, my kid would still be alive had he not broke the law, so, he has some blame here"....?

A knee to the back is not deadly.

The issue is that the guy died of likely positional asphyxiation due to:

-being on drugs
-having underlying health conditions
-the struggle with police
-being placed on pavement, handcuffed behind the back which made breathing more difficult with those circumstances
-having the officers lay on him, but the officer placing the pressure on his neck rather than his back, caused his arms to be strained more and preventing proper heart/lung functions

All of these factors caused his death. The police should've handcuffed him and even forcefully got him to ground and then transitioned to sitting him up next to the vehicle.

This training is no different than what medical staff do every day when they physically restrain patients who are intoxicated/combative/altered mental status/criminal/psych

These officers did not follow that type of training and that is the issue

Apparently a lot of police officers are not following the training. How many people must die before this maneuver is outlawed? Wasn’t a chokehold used by police outlawed a few years ago because of unnecessary deaths?

You can try to blame it on health issues, drugs, or whatever else that helps you sleep at night but the bottom line is that the POS killed this man.

Has anybody in this thread actually defended what the guy did for the cops to respond? Nope. But for some reason, there are a couple of mental midgets repeatedly bringing up what the guy did. NOBODY GIVES A ****.

Is the mayor seeing any heat from this? He's a Dem.

Seriously, the policeman was wrong. I can't imagine if that was me in that situation. I would panic...which makes things worse.

He was taught in the Academy that that was not allowed. Premeditated murder.

Really? You think this is justified?

Of course not. It’s sickening but I’m sure the cop wasn’t intending to kill the dude but he did and there should be consequences. Michael Brown would probably be alive if he didn’t rob a QT and assault a cop. This guy would probably be alive if he didn’t get drunk, try to write bad check (or whatever), and resist arrest. I’m sure it’s a stressful and aggravating job dealing with scum of the earth on a daily basis but there’s no excuse crossing a line that results in someone’s senseless death. It could’ve been prevented a number of ways.

Of course not. It’s sickening but I’m sure the cop wasn’t intending to kill the dude but he did and there should be consequences. Michael Brown would probably be alive if he didn’t rob a QT and assault a cop. This guy would probably be alive if he didn’t get drunk, try to write bad check (or whatever), and resist arrest. I’m sure it’s a stressful and aggravating job dealing with scum of the earth on a daily basis but there’s no excuse crossing a line that results in someone’s senseless death. It could’ve been prevented a number of ways.
You’re ****ed up. What’s worse is you don’t know it.

Reactions: Mick

VN Store

Back