'21 NC WDE Travali Price (NC St commit)

I will be amazed Im sure at how they fit all these guys in.
Both VQ and 247 guys have said they’re not going to turn away top talent anytime soon. They’ll keep piling them up and work it out later. Plus with no visits it’s possible to blueshirt multiple kids. Sounds like on NSD we’ll likely have 28 on the list.

I will be amazed Im sure at how they fit all these guys in.

Pruitt been filing our 'crootin credit card applications? If enough studs want in, I'm expecting a few blupeshirts. Not a fan of this process, but if there's a year that it makes sense, this may be it.

Both VQ and 247 guys have said they’re not going to turn away top talent anytime soon. They’ll keep piling them up and work it out later. Plus with no visits it’s possible to blueshirt multiple kids. Sounds like on NSD we’ll likely have 28 on the list.

I think the best thing to do is to make sure that ALL of the guys want to be part of the class, and then you have more leverage to ask for blueshirts and PWOs and such. Hold everyone together, make them want to be part of something so special that they'd take a non-traditional way of doing it in order to be a part of the class.

That's the only way I see it happening. I don't like talking about "gitshirts." I'd love to see everyone who has committed or who wants to be a Vol that the coaches want to be in the class. I know that's not always possible, but it'd be great.

Peer recruiting is gonna hold this class together. With campuses opening back up soon, and football likely happening in the fall, if we can keep these guys committed to us and not taking other visits, that's a major win. I fear that's going to be harder than we anticipate though.

If 28 is our number as some have said then I think we'll be alright without blueshirting anyone. With the way things have taken off I want to be sure to take at least 25 next year also.

Reactions: Palm Beach Vol
The number 28 has come up several times the past couple weeks. I'll let the coaching staff figure out the numbers Excited about all the momentum we have right now.
"More Steam To The Big Orange Train"

VFL...GBO

I don’t understand the hype that surrounds Mack. He’s alright but he’s not all that and a bag of chips. Plus the dude is almost 80, right? He won’t be there long enough to see a signing class graduate seems to me 🤷‍♂️
UNC has well publicized unique academics for football players. It's hard to argue that they take special care of their student athletes.

Reactions: INDEFENSE
I don’t understand the hype that surrounds Mack. He’s alright but he’s not all that and a bag of chips. Plus the dude is almost 80, right? He won’t be there long enough to see a signing class graduate seems to me 🤷‍♂️

Mack is 68. He’s younger than both POTUS and his challenger in November. Just for reference

Edit: just saw this post is from weeks ago. That’s my B

With 7 months til NSD there will be 5+ guys that are currently committed that won't end up signing with us

I have decided to skip the number crunching because we don't know everything going on. Just as soon as I think I have it figured out something changes.

Yep. I'm trying to remember if there was ever an instance of the NCAA telling a program that they took too many recruits and they need to give the extra ones back. Pruitt knows how many he can take, we don't.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
UNC has well publicized unique academics for football players. It's hard to argue that they take special care of their student athletes.
Yeah creating classes for them that don’t exist and giving them credits for it, too. 😂

Reactions: oryankees
The 6-foot-4, 246-pound Price said he might travel to Knoxville as early as this weekend to take a closer look at the Vols’ campus and facilities, although he still won’t be able to take an official recruiting visit until at least August.

“We visited State a few weeks ago, and we might come to Tennessee this weekend,” said Price, who’s ranked by 247Sports as the No. 23 weakside defensive end in the 2021 class. “My family will come with me, and we hope to see the campus, visit around town and see the stadium. I’m sure we will talk with coaches through Zoom or FaceTime.”

Price said he similarly was able to talk with the Wolfpack’s coaches by phone during his recent trip to N.C. State, making up for the lack of in-person contact. On-campus facilities were closed while he was there, though, preventing his family’s trip to Raleigh, N.C., from resembling anything he might experience during an actual recruiting visit.

“(We saw) the campus, where the athletes study and stay,” said Price, who has received scholarship offers from more than 20 schools. “We saw the football field. I just got a feel of student life and the area around the campus.”

As far as he’s concerned, that’s better than nothing as he continues to work toward his college decision while awaiting the end of the dead period. Price said he’s hearing from several schools on a regular basis, including Tennessee, which is talking with him “every day.” He said N.C. State, West Virginia, Louisville, South Carolina, Central Florida, Virginia, Virginia Tech and Kansas State all are contacting him “several times a week.”

Tennessee gave Price his second SEC scholarship offer in late July during his first visit with the Vols. He had hoped to make the trip to Knoxville again in April for one of their spring practices before the coronavirus outbreak forced him to scrap all of his spring visit plans, which included trips to several schools. He said he’s still giving Tennessee strong consideration for multiple reasons, starting with “the coaches, the tradition and the recruiting class they are putting together.” “They are building something special,” Price said, adding that the Vols’ No. 3-ranked recruiting class “helps” in his mind. “They are going after the best.”

Price said he has stayed in frequent contact with Tennessee coach Jeremy Pruitt, first-year outside linebackers coach Shelton Felton and defensive coordinator Derrick Ansley, with Felton talking with him most frequently. The Vols have told Price, he said, “just how much I can help the program and that I am a perfect fit.”

His half-brother, Jayden Tate, is also being recruited by at least a few of the schools Price is considering, including N.C. State, South Carolina and Louisville. Tate, a 5-foot-10, 238-pound lineman and long snapper, received a preferred walk-on offer from Tennessee last month. “It would be nice to play with him,” Price said of Tate. “We’ve been playing together since we were 6. Time will tell. He is a baller, also. We refer to each other as brothers. … We are family. We are tight.”

As for Price’s own decision, he said his hopes of announcing a decision in October will depend on whether “we get on the field and play games starting in September.”

Sounds possibly like a package deal to me. The best think that could happen would be for him to come visit and see the difference between us and NC State. On campus it’s really not even close, if that’s what’s important to him, even their stadium isn’t on campus, but at the NC State Fair Grounds. I will say that if there is a P5 school that could be designated as a ”football school” in North Carolina it’s State. That said, the bar is not set very high.

Sounds possibly like a package deal to me. The best think that could happen would be for him to come visit and see the difference between us and NC State. On campus it’s really not even close, if that’s what’s important to him, even their stadium isn’t on campus, but at the NC State Fair Grounds. I will say that if there is a P5 school that could be designated as a ”football school” in North Carolina it’s State. That said, the bar is not set very high.
I don’t know man at heart State fans are still basketball. They just have suffered through such misery the past three decades with Duke and UNC winning so much that they are an anal miserable bunch. You are right for sure about UT and State comparison wise, Vols win that hands down. And you are spot on about the package deal. That is the only hope State has, if indeed they offered his brother a full ride. That would be hard to pass up given Vols offered a PWO. But playing in the SEC at Neyland - I mean I might take the PWO lol

VN Store

Back