'21 NC DT Payton Page (Clemson commit)

One bit of the defense that needs drastic improvement is against the medium runs. Killed us against BYU and GState. Especially with desperation QB runs. Need some consequential size in the middle (like Area 51). Havenā€™t had anybody like that since Daniel McCullers.

that's what i was wondering....Clemson doesn't wait. and if UNC is out......just gonna sit back and watch this one.

Yep. Another one of those "the longer it goes, the better for us" recruitments. Even if we don't land him, this staff has done an incredible job of getting back in the race after Rocker sh*t the bed.

Although it's likely impossible to quantify, I've wondered how many times Dabo's strongarm tactics have backfired? IIRC, when you commit to Clemson, you can't take any more visits either, which is allegedly what turned off the Foreman kid from CA.

Yep. Another one of those "the longer it goes, the better for us" recruitments. Even if we don't land him, this staff has done an incredible job of getting back in the race after Rocker sh*t the bed.

Although it's likely impossible to quantify, I've wondered how many times Dabo's strongarm tactics have backfired? IIRC, when you commit to Clemson, you can't take any more visits either, which is allegedly what turned off the Foreman kid from CA.

Theyā€™ve had the 7th, 10th, and 3rd ranked classes the previous 3 years and currently have the 3rd ranked class this year and they havenā€™t won less than 10 games since 2011.

Iā€™d say his tactics are working just fine.

Reactions: SmokeyDaBear

well, judging by how they've recruited in very recent years, and that Foreman is the only one that's decommitted in that time, i'd say it's probably pretty good. but yeah, no way to quantify, because if it did turn anyone off, they didn't commit.....so, no loss on Clemson's part, in theory.

I think so too. Dabo likely pushes and gives him an ultimatum and our staff will be there to support his decision. Vol.
I sincerely donā€™t understand why he does that. He must despise in season recruiting so much to the point that he pushes for a commitment sooo early. I donā€™t understand šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

VN Store

Back