2022 Recruits

Very interesting but these ranking are very unreliable until it expands to 100 the end of junior summer

You can say that again . I think Sabrina Ionescu was probably one of the most underrated players in the history of rankings when it first came out. Lots of players go from unranked to ranked but she went from not being on the scene to being a top 10 recruit AND McDonalds MVP while in high school. We all know what happened after that.

What people don’t remember is that she made the USA U16 team as an uninvited/walk-on (the only one to do that the year she tried out).
That got her attention from coaches but when she was invited back for U17 and made it that’s when things really blew up for her as far as getting attention.

Last edited:
Reactions: VolFuture2k22
You can say that again . I think Sabrina Ionescu was probably one of the most underrated players in the history of rankings when it first came out. Lots of players go form unranked to ranked but she went from not being on the scene to being a top 10 recruit AND McDonalds MVP while in high school. We all know what happened after that.

What people don’t remember is that she made the USA U16 team as an uninvited/walk-on (the only one to do that the year she tried out).
That got her attention from coaches but when she was invited back for U17 and made it that’s when things really blew up for her as far as getting attention.

I was looking at the Trip-Dub mark and Jordan only needs 10 to move up into second place all time
temp.png

Been watching a lot of Weathers this week. My quick eval:

Strengths:
Confident and controlled—never gets sped up
Shooter—automatic from the line, great stroke from range
Unselfish—makes the extra pass and looks to create for others

As most incoming players, she would have to adjust to the quickness and physicality of the SEC particularly on the defensive end, but this is a solid all-around guard.

Shame the best player in Tennessee for 21, 22, and 23 are all SG, but easy to see why she has an offer. There would be great competition for minutes with Wynn, Salary, and Darby.

Reactions: kamoshika
Another name for 2022:
Justine Pissott 6’3 W out of NJ

Followed by our whole staff on Twitter so I think that shows high interest.

justine-pissott

One thing is clear—Kellie loves size and shooting! That seems to be at a premium with all of our targets. My only concern is can we guard quick/athletic teams of the SEC with these big 6’1-6’3 wings. But sure will be fun watching us put up points.

Another name for 2022:

justine-pissott

One thing is clear—Kellie loves size and shooting! That seems to be at a premium with all of our targets. My only concern is can we guard quick/athletic teams of the SEC with these big 6’1-6’3 wings. But sure will be fun watching us put up points.

We need scores. We have shooters, but they are not setting the world on fire with their percentages from long range. She seem s to be pretty accurate and what we see are highlights. I like the way she handles the ball and uses the board on her layups. Regardless, I am hoping we get ACE when all is said and done and if also Pissott comes in, we would be in really good shape.

Another name for 2022:

justine-pissott

If we begin to emphasize offense along with defense
The question will become
can the quick/athletic teams of the SEC stop us
If we combine size with scoring-mentality we can drive over and shoot over those shorter teams

Last edited:
I'm also a fan of Ace Strickland....She is a very good ball handler and shoots a mean demon ball....She's a local girl as well....Get all the offensive power we can....

The game has changed from defense, defense, defense....And yes, defense is still needed, but without a strong offense, it's just another close loss.
Fulton-v-Farragut_2019-1-Danny-Parker-683x1024.jpg

Weathers is amazing on defense as she sees the whole floor while analyzing opposition and utilizes accurate anticipation. He has long arms
and comes down with the ball in a crowd when it is up for grabs. She gets many blocks on shots from opposing players who drive lanes.
She seems to come from nowhere.

Another name for 2022:

justine-pissott

There were some looooong-range threes in there, and she looks really comfortable shooting those. Looks like a winner to me!

She shoots an NBA length demon ball.....Outstanding!
Goes to a Catholic high school back east....hmmmmm
Ivey has got to be after her big time for the Dame....
According to BY, Geno is also after her....
jpdMKOCn_400x400.jpg

It's possible.....
21f23630-a653-47e9-a710-495270ce17b6_1024.jpg

Ole Miss is going to be tough to beat for Janiah Barker. There also seems to be a connection with her and Chelsea Newton from Georgia. At Ole Miss, Chris Ayers used to coach for the AAU program, Essence basketball. He actually coached Rennia Davis, but he joined Coach Yo and her staff a couple of years after Coach Yo came to the SEC. I would give an edge to Ole Miss today, but it is going to be a dog fight for her.

Last edited:
Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
Has anyone put together a list of players we have offered?
Only 4 I know of..

Grace VanSlooten OH/Notre Dame HS/Sports City AAU 17u

Karly Weathers TN/Loretto HS/ALSoStarz AAU 16u EYBL

Ayanna Patterson IN/Homestead HS/Ohio United AAU 17u

Cotie McMahon OH/Centerville HS/Sports City AAU 17u

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
Only 4 I know of..

Grace VanSlooten OH/Notre Dame HS/Sports City AAU 17u

Karly Weathers TN/Loretto HS/ALSoStarz AAU 16u EYBL

Ayanna Patterson IN/Homestead HS/Ohio United AAU 17u

Cotie McMahon OH/Centerville HS/Sports City AAU 17u

Also Avery “Ace” Strickland from TN

So pleased those of you doing the extensive searches re social media. Am I to assume the list is compiled from the social media of the recruits who are responding to the attention of receiving offers? I often wonder about recruiting using the metaphor of the bird in tree versus the bird in hand. when recruit becomes a 'bird in hand' what happens to the offers to other young women playing a similar position? Does the university remain in contact until the committed player signs on the required date?

obviously that continues in football for the best players who waiver up until the last sweetened offer.

She shoots an NBA length demon ball.....Outstanding!
Goes to a Catholic high school back east....hmmmmm
Ivey has got to be after her big time for the Dame....
According to BY, Geno is also after her....
jpdMKOCn_400x400.jpg

It's possible.....

A UConn offer is a good barometer. They were on the short list for at least 5 of the consensus top 7 this year. That’s the water we have to fish in as well for class anchors.

21f23630-a653-47e9-a710-495270ce17b6_1024.jpg

VN Store

Back