GA tight end Miles Campbell has committed to Tennessee

Florida was supposed to beat UGA according to message board scuttlebutt both of the last two years. Two top 10 match ups, Mullen is 0-2. He also got his @$$ kicked in Athens his last year at Missy State with a pretty good team. That was right before our game and that's when I knew Botch was in trouble. I think we beat Kirby next year at home. I don't like this year's match up on the road and late in the year. They still have more quality depth than we have and that is a bigger factor later in the year. I think we take down Mullen this year.
Florida is the more rounded team this year. Ga offense is going to be a mess with a new OC, new QB and 8 or 9 new starters. Alabama is going to stomp Ga early and I don't think they'll recover. If Fl OL improves and their running game improves I think they could be the best team in the East this year. Vols match up good with the Gators this season as well.

Without making this a tldr; there will be 4-5 gitshirts, maybe more, who will be replaced with higher rated players. There are several of the committed 3 stars that were due ratings bumps had there not been a pandemic that didn't allow for camps (even the "recruiting services" have said this about these players and Miles Campbell is one such player). Trust the coaches because they find players they want based on hours of game film and camps they hold not based on what Rivals, 247, or ESPN think.

I'll start by agreeing with you that Miles Campbell was a good get. I do believe he was underrated and is a casualty of COVID impacting his ratings. The other impact COVID has is that we aren't able to hold summer camps - this is usually when those 3 star kids come in and show off to the staff and earn their committable offers. We don't have that extra assurance this cycle. While I have no choice but to "trust the staff" - they're accepting offers from kids based almost solely on tape. Also, about the staff - did you know that we've offered something like 450 kids this cycle? By comparison, Clemson has offered somewhere around 70-80. Georgia somewhere in the mid 200's. Issuing so many offers, accepting kids just to process them later is not a good look and will water down the "brand." Also, I'll believe the addition of higher rated players when it happens. I'm a "hay in the barn" "bird in the hand" guy when it comes to recruiting. I know we may be trending with some elite talent based on "insider" knowledge, but that insider knowledge failed us last cycle (think DW.) Anyways, I'll end by saying that Miles Campbell is a steal and a good take - should've picked another thread to voice my concerns, but I still do have concerns. That's why I didn't use blue font :)

Reactions: Bennessee01
Florida is the more rounded team this year. Ga offense is going to be a mess with a new OC, new QB and 8 or 9 new starters. Alabama is going to stomp Ga early and I don't think they'll recover. If Fl OL improves and their running game improves I think they could be the best team in the East this year. Vols match up good with the Gators this season as well.

I think both GA and FL offenses will struggle this year. UF lost 5 of their top 7 receivers. It'll be hard for Trask to win that Heisman throwing to only Pitts and Grimes. We saw how UGA struggled last year without strong receivers.

Georgia's defense; however, will keep them in games. They didn't lose much at all and have serious depth, which is key late in the season.

Georgia's new OC is unlikely to be worse than that guy they had last year. Their defense returns virtually in tact and their offense, particularly their OL will have most of the same people that handled Baylor in the Sugar Bowl pretty easily. Their 4 recruiting classes from oldest to youngest are ranked 3, 1, 2, 1 on the composite. They've got tons of talent. I agree Bama beats them early but I still think they are the team to beat in the East...this year.

Last edited:
Mullet is 0-9 against Smart. Mullet has never scored more than 17 on Smart. UGA returns 9 starters off the best D in CFB.

6'4" 230 lbs.....just turned 17 today.

all anyone talks about with this kid is his athleticism and catch radius and ability to make plays in the middle of the field and that he's a perfect match for a flex TE in in chaney's offense.

the TE that likely gets converted to defense is Trinity Bell, assuming he does commit to TN.
Yep. These hybrid TE’s are becoming so important now. I’d love to see this kid get to about 245ish and turn him into a Kittles type of guy. It’s a shame that DWA wasn’t properly utilized or had someone to get him the ball better in the red zone . He should’ve been a QB’s safety valve on 3rd down and TD machine in the red zone.

Yep. These hybrid TE’s are becoming so important now. I’d love to see this kid get to about 245ish and turn him into a Kittles type of guy. It’s a shame that DWA wasn’t properly utilized or had someone to get him the ball better in the red zone . He should’ve been a QB’s safety valve on 3rd down and TD machine in the red zone.

Agreed. When JG was able to find DWA he made some nice plays for us. A shame we didn't target him more often, or couldn't. IDK. Hope this kid is a gamer. Pruitt seems to have an eye for potential/talent. GBO!

Reactions: RDU VOL#14
Bet he doesn’t. We’re recruiting those.

So Len'neth Whitehead will end up being a RB? Come on now, there's way too many examples on our roster of Pruitt recruiting athletic football players, and sorting their position out later...

So Len'neth Whitehead will end up being a RB? Come on now, there's way too many examples on our roster of Pruitt recruiting athletic football players, and sorting their position out later...
You think Whitehead is a better linebacker than some of these beasts we’re in on? I think he’s dead serious about playing RB and Pruitt’s open mindedness is the leading reason he signed. Would see a transfer before position change in this case. Allz I know is this board converts players before they even commit.

Reactions: jakez4ut

They'll definitely have him add some weight.

Reactions: RDU VOL#14
Mullet is 0-9 against Smart. Mullet has never scored more than 17 on Smart. UGA returns 9 starters off the best D in CFB.
It will be interesting to see what Georgia puts on the field on offense. Kirby has choked away some games at Georgia but he’s a damn good defensive coach. A lot of changes with coaches and players on the offensive side of the ball.

I hate Florida but I think right now I would give them the nod over Georgia.

Would add Georgia also lost their best position coach in Pittman. I think even Georgia fans would say he was more a loss than losing their OC

You think Whitehead is a better linebacker than some of these beasts we’re in on? I think he’s dead serious about playing RB and Pruitt’s open mindedness is the leading reason he signed. Would see a transfer before position change in this case. Allz I know is this board converts players before they even commit.

A. Taylor WR------DB
B. Thompson WR------DB
K. Harris. DL----OL-DL
Fils Aime. RB---DB--RB
P. Fant. WR---LB--TE
D. Gibbs. DB--------WR
A. Beasley. RB---DB--LB
J. Allen. LB----------TE
L. Bumphus. TE----------DL
K. Bennett. DL----------OLB

A. Taylor WR------DB
B. Thompson WR------DB
K. Harris. DL----OL-DL
Fils Aime. RB---DB--RB
P. Fant. WR---LB--TE
D. Gibbs. DB--------WR
A. Beasley. RB---DB--LB
J. Allen. LB----------TE
L. Bumphus. TE----------DL
K. Bennett. DL----------OLB
Perfectly aware of all this and it still doesn’t change my opinion on Whitehead. Beasley was always projected on defense. They gave Allen as much string as they could unspool on defense...TE is last ditch. Bumphus had already gone back and forth with the previous administration...so it’s not a unique Pruitt take. Bennett had been an undersized DL in the previous administration, he simply got better coached and fit better in the 3-4. Both Taylor and Thompson were vitally needed more at corner...kind of an emergency that ended up working out gangbusters. All this on the heels of Pruitt inheriting a mess and having to kick a lot of tires with a hit and miss last second cobbled together first recruiting class. Pruitt coached elite defenses at three different programs and when you reach that status, you’re recruiting top line options at the position they’re already playing...we’re almost there.

Reactions: jakez4ut
this. i've changed my tune, like really recently lol, on my outlook for him. i would have bet a dollar he'd of gotten moved to defense....after getting 'a shot' at RB.

and maybe he still does, but i think you have to look at the LB situation now and htink....not so fast.....

Reactions: butchna
I'll start by agreeing with you that Miles Campbell was a good get. I do believe he was underrated and is a casualty of COVID impacting his ratings. The other impact COVID has is that we aren't able to hold summer camps - this is usually when those 3 star kids come in and show off to the staff and earn their committable offers. We don't have that extra assurance this cycle. While I have no choice but to "trust the staff" - they're accepting offers from kids based almost solely on tape. Also, about the staff - did you know that we've offered something like 450 kids this cycle? By comparison, Clemson has offered somewhere around 70-80. Georgia somewhere in the mid 200's. Issuing so many offers, accepting kids just to process them later is not a good look and will water down the "brand." Also, I'll believe the addition of higher rated players when it happens. I'm a "hay in the barn" "bird in the hand" guy when it comes to recruiting. I know we may be trending with some elite talent based on "insider" knowledge, but that insider knowledge failed us last cycle (think DW.) Anyways, I'll end by saying that Miles Campbell is a steal and a good take - should've picked another thread to voice my concerns, but I still do have concerns. That's why I didn't use blue font :)

Watching tape is invaluable, but there’s a lot more to it. Many of our commitments and targets visited UT last year, so they had a chance to get to know some of the coaches and players - and vice-versa. Our Coaches are in contact with high school coaches who give us feedback on their players. Face-time with our recruiting targets also gives us insight into players’ personality, goals, academic interests and updates on their overall interest in our program. You’re right about the camps, that does hurt. Our coaches are still working it hard in many aspects.

I agree about Miles. He’s a tough and talented.

Last edited:
He is a great recruiter. Luke may be a better O line coach.
There’s only so much X’s and O’s you can do with the big uglies. It’s about personality after that. Pittman didn’t haul in 5 stars til he landed at UGA.

VN Store

Back