GA tight end Miles Campbell has committed to Tennessee

Adding Campbell takes the class to 22 commitments - where do the last three open scholarships go: OL, DL or . . . ???
There are more than 3 spots. So don't worry about numbers. Every year there are certain commitments that know they can get passed over it's part of the game. Not all 3 stars fit this but some do and even few 4 stars as well. In the end its about players first that can play SEC ball and second but as important are players that fit your Team system and Culture.

Actually UGA didn’t offer, which is strange. But this could also shape up to be one of those stories where he makes it a point to come out swinging against Georgia for not offering.
well, they got the NV kid last year, and they're in on several other TE prospects...they showed interest, especially here lately, cause i think they viewed him as a back up so long as he didn't blow up this off season.

not sure how many TE's UGA is planningon/wanting to take either. i would assume just one, but i'm not sure. i would be they viewed him as a back up plan compared to some of the other kids they're either in on, or still recruiting heavier.

still, this kid comes iwth a ton of upside and there were legit offers from several SEC and other P5 programs...Auburn, FL, FSU, Michigan, UNC, VT etc....many believe that had there been a typical camp season this spring/summer, no chance this kid's not a 4*, and would have probably moved up on everyone's rating board. still may.

i think this is a really good pick up and should fit Chaney's offense perfectly. and i doubt we're done at TE either......

Glad we got a commit, but this kid is too small to be a SEC TE. Maybe he is athletic enough to be a bigger bodied receiver, but thinking he might be a guy who converts to defense.

Glad we got a commit, but this kid is too small to be a SEC TE. Maybe he is athletic enough to be a bigger bodied receiver, but thinking he might be a guy who converts to defense.
6'4" 230 lbs.....just turned 17 today.

all anyone talks about with this kid is his athleticism and catch radius and ability to make plays in the middle of the field and that he's a perfect match for a flex TE in in chaney's offense.

the TE that likely gets converted to defense is Trinity Bell, assuming he does commit to TN.

Actually UGA didn’t offer, which is strange. But this could also shape up to be one of those stories where he makes it a point to come out swinging against Georgia for not offering.

Or he made it clear that he had no real interest in UGA from the get-go.

Or he made it clear that he had no real interest in UGA from the get-go.
yeah...i don't know how deep that conversation got, but they reached out guage interest pretty late (relative to him committing that is)....they won't circle back around to him until/unless they swing and miss on a few other guys. one bing Hudson Wolfe.....
Georgia Tech fans on the Swarm message board are bitter about Miles Campbell choosing Tennessee over Georgia Tech. :rolleyes: They're saying that a lot of the commitments will back out later on:rolleyes:
they can joing UNC, UGA, FL, USCe and Bama fans on that chorus...lol.

Reading his interview with 247, that’s a pretty soft “commitment.”
they're all "soft" on some level.

at some point, it should just be assumed that all committments are "at this time".....and always subject to change lol.

i'd still rather be the leader in the clubhouse, than one of the yahoos already finished sitting at the bar hoping everybody else fails....;)

Georgia Tech fans on the Swarm message board are bitter about Miles Campbell choosing Tennessee over Georgia Tech. :rolleyes: They're saying that a lot of the commitments will back out later on:rolleyes:
I've always sort of liked GT under the whole "enemy of my enemy" theory, but there is absolutely no comparison between GT and us, they will lose that comparison everytime.

Reactions: FLVOL_79

They were in on him very early and were recruiting him hard so I can understand why they would be disappointed losing him - an instate at that. Ah well, thats how UT does a chop block ;)

I like this young man! Sure there are higher rated TE’s but this young man has the thing a coach cannot teach, SPEED AND ATHLETICISM! JMO.

I agree with your assessment. After watching his highlights, I am more than impressed. His toughness and tenacity stick out to me. He reminds me of a young J. Jennings. Great get in my opinion!

VN Store

Back