Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I once worked a job where I ushered Brian Westbrook to and from a dressing room for a TV show, and on his way out, Mark Wahlberg was coming in. Wahlberg stops him, tells him what a big fan he is, Go Eagles, daps him up, and then leaves. When we were riding the elevator alone, Westbrook looked and me and asked, "Was that Marky Mark?"

He had no idea who it was. I've been laughing about that for years.

16” centers too far apart?
Mine are either 12" or 8" on center. When we got ready to put it down the builder came to me and said it wasn't close enough and he was going to double up on what was there. I would check (was there yesterday) but I won't be back for about 10 days. I will check next time I'm there and let you know, hope it's not too late for you. Here's a pic showing how it's run at 45. It was put down 12 or 13 years ago and we have loved it. We used Tiger Claw hidden fasteners but there are probably netter options now.IMG_20200324_121406 (1).jpg

I met @OGbabyaviVol one time. That was something.

SolidHandsomeFlyinglemur-size_restricted.gif

I once worked a job where I ushered Brian Westbrook to and from a dressing room for a TV show, and on his way out, Mark Wahlberg was coming in. Wahlberg stops him, tells him what a big fan he is, Go Eagles, daps him up, and then leaves. When we were riding the elevator alone, Westbrook looked and me and asked, "Was that Marky Mark?"

He had no idea who it was. I've been laughing about that for years.

Actually, Mark Wahlberg was formerly known as Marky Mark.

df9333668ec7b4d0f06a5aa808132dd0

Shopping at the local Costco here in Memphis. Standing in the checkout line directly next to me is Steven Seagal.

And while shopping at Academy Sports, I spotted Tim Howard in the shoes section, exactly 6 months after his famous World Cup performance. I shook his hand.

Seagal bought a house at some point on Forest Hill Irene. Don’t know that he lives there anymore. His daughter was at St. Jude. Good friends own the local Ben and Jerry’s, and they catered her birthday party after they struck up a conversation when originally visiting the store.

I met Trooper Taylor back when he was a coach at TN. It was during the summer at a travel baseball tournament( wasn't in knoxville). He was watching the game on a field right beside the one I was on. I went up and talked to him for a second turns out his son was pitching. I remember he couldn't stand still and was pacing back and forth the entire time.
Also met Paula Dean her and both of her sons were at their restuarant in Savannah when we were there on vacation very nice.

For the wrestling fans, I met Sgt. Slaughter when I was a kid. He did a show on the navy base we lived on and me and my dad went. Did a meet and greet afterwards.
I met Rowdy Roddy Piper at a bar here when he was in town filming Zombies vs Wrestlers!! Lol
Always thought the was huge growing up, he was shorter than me and I’m 6’.

Met Jason Day and his wife (who is smokin) at Five Guys on A1A after the final round of The Players in 2011. He finished top 5 and no one in the place knew who he was but we got him to sign our tickets.

Also had Barry Bonds cuss me out in the Giants locker room at Turner Field in 2001 when I was 10. What a douchebag.

Mine are either 12" or 8" on center. When we got ready to put it down the builder came to me and said it wasn't close enough and he was going to double up on what was there. I would check (was there yesterday) but I won't be back for about 10 days. I will check next time I'm there and let you know, hope it's not too late for you. Here's a pic showing how it's run at 45. It was put down 12 or 13 years ago and we have loved it. We used Tiger Claw hidden fasteners but there are probably netter options now.View attachment 280339

Cool thanks.

I caught Childers at a bar in Nashville before he blew up. He bought me a round after the show. Really nice guy.
I have a good buddy from Huntington and he’s pretty good friends with his drummer or something, he was backstage at a show in Florida and asked he could meet Tyler, and he wouldn’t come out.

I once caught a ride home from the strip with a guy who claimed he was a punter. We went through drive-thru to get some food and he passes out right there in the drive-thru line. Luckily a guy I had biology with freshman year was coming out of the restaurant and offered to give me a ride home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back